2017-2018 PGA Tour Breakout Prediction Thread

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
OK, with the new season already underway, what player do you think is due for a breakout/resurgence?

Screw it.

Tiger Woods.

Peter Uihlein, he has serious game. Would not shock me if he has multiple wins during the 2018 season

Not sure if you call it a break out, but i think 2018 is the year we Fowler win a major

Thomas Pieters

Tommy Fleetwood

Peter Uihlein, he has serious game. Would not shock me if he has multiple wins during the 2018 season

I back this one 100%. He went the route more young players should take and I think it makes his career more relevant long term.

Aaron Wise

I'd love to see Patrick Reed get back into the limelight. I look for a solid year from him and hopefully a win or two.

I keep waiting for him to break through and start making a name for himself on this side of the pond!

I keep waiting for him to break through and start making a name for himself on this side of the pond!
Now that he has full status thanks to his win in the Web playoffs it shouldn't take long. Also if he has a good closing stretch in the race to Dubai. His world ranking should climb above 50. Which gets him into all the majors and wgc events. I really think 2018 will be a big year for him

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Patrick Cantlay.

I think now that he appears to be healthy he'll live up to the hype that surrounded him when he was still an amateur. He had a couple of good finishes coming off of his injury. Lots of positives there.

xander-u-s-open-contender.jpg

I think Xander builds on his two wins last season and has 3 wins next season.

Tony Finau gets multiple wins and makes the Ryder Cup team.

Back