The 2015 Gauntlet w/ Callaway Golf - THP Major Series

Two more full work days and then some meetings in the morning Friday and then it's time to hit the road! So close yet so far away!
Stupid meetings.

Here is a question for the group:

Was there any one item that you purchased or acquired for this amazing event in preparation to making yourself better or making your game better?

I was really unhappy with my wedge play so I ended up bending some wedges and picked up a Callaway 64* PM grind and I am so much more confident now.

Was there any one item that you purchased or acquired for this amazing event in preparation to making yourself better or making your game better?

I was really unhappy with my wedge play so I ended up bending some wedges and picked up a Callaway 64* PM grind and I am so much more confident now.
I purchased a new Aldila RIP 50 3.8 Tour X flex shaft for my 2014 BB Alpha. The shaft that I had in it was too heavy. I went from that shaft in my R11s to a 65 gram in the BB. It was too heavy and I was having a hard time getting through the ball.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Pants.

I must say I look damn good.

New Live Update Thread is up.
New Gauntlet Contest is up.

Things are getting real boys.

GBB. First round out I missed only one fairway. And it sounds like I'll need to hit the fairway with how tough that rough will be.

All I could really afford to do was switch to Chromesoft balls exclusively as well as spending more time on the practice range.

Went midsized grips, and it seems to help with direction control a lot. Was striking my irons really well first time out with them

This is going to be fun following along with you warriors and warriorette! My favorite team has to be Team Rhiona as two of my past King team mates are in the mix. I'll still be pulling for some of you individuals to win certain matches and pulling for everybody to have a blast! It's almost here !!!!!!!!!

Swapped out some clubs and got two X2hot hybrids which I'm loving, borrowed a 56° from another THPer to get used to the loft, and switched to Chrome Soft. All of which I think have helped a little at least. The most helpful has probably been adding the 56°. I'll be honest and admit I was a little bummed at first when I learned that's the loft we were getting (typically play 54, 58), but after using a 56 around the green for a while I'm really loving it and feel like my short game has improved because of it.

This is going to be fun following along with you warriors and warriorette! My favorite team has to be Team Rhiona as two of my past King team mates are in the mix. I'll still be pulling for some of you individuals to win certain matches and pulling for everybody to have a blast! It's almost here !!!!!!!!!
Boooooo

Looks like team Rhi are the favorites going into the weekend, and that is A-ok with me. Bring it on.

Looks like team Rhi are the favorites going into the weekend, and that is A-ok with me. Bring it on.

Id say it's a toss up between Rhi and AJ for favorite based on early contest entries. I hope I get a match against both teams

Id say it's a toss up between Rhi and AJ for favorite based on early contest entries. I hope I get a match against both teams

Yea AJ votes just started to pour in. I prefer the underdog role anyway.

Yes. Love doglegs right.

That greenside bunker.

So there is some time between hotel check in and the meet and greet. Who's going to PGA superstore to check out some Callaway gear?

Count me in; I'm local, but staying at the hotel, and happy to do a early meet-n-greet at the PGA store, a course, cigar lounge, whatever!

I'll still find a way to slice it into that white/gray area on the right.

Oh, don't mind me, I'm just going to leave this here for someone to fight it out for...

MVP-Logo.png

Oh, don't mind me, I'm just going to leave this here for someone to fight it out for...

MVP-Logo.png

If there aren't 18 people fighting hard for that this weekend, then someone doesn't have their head on right.

MVP-Logo.png

Thanks for reminding me that I have a reservation setup for Sunday afternoon!

Just a quick note for you guys about Friday night:

Quick note to everyone about parking in downtown Naperville....
There's a parking structure across the street from Giordano's that is probably your best bet at 7p. There is parking at the street level, but not much.

Also be aware that both of the Naperville HS football teams are playing home games Friday night. Both schools are in close proximity to the city center and create traffic issues before and after games.

And be careful driving in Naperville after dinner. The police there look for reasons to pull people over and write tickets.

Back