Android Phone Thread

I use GolfPad GPS on mine. It's absolutely fabulous, especially when using their GolfTags. But the golf tags take a lot of battery power, so when I'm running low at the end of the day, I'll just use the basic app and put my phone in my bag. I can still track every shot by touching the watch and it'll still track which club and what distance I hit it. It'll also give recommendations on what club to hit based on past yardages logged.
That's what I found, when playing gleneagles I still had over 50% battery come 5pm when streaming the data to my smartwatch. When using it on the phone alone and checking every shot it drained much quicker.

It's a nifty wee tool!

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Pondered a bunch but ultimately decided the note 5 was what i want. Should be here in a few days

Bought the LG G Stylo last night after giving my old phone to my mom. A whole other story. haha.

Anyway.... 5.7" display with a stylus pen that I'll probably never use. The t-mobile version comes with a 13mp camera (5 rear). It's also got 5.1 Lollipop and a 1.2 quad processor. 1gb ram and 8gb storage that can expand to 32gb with microsd.

This should last me at least 3 years.

For under 300, it was impossible to pass up. I have no idea what those 600-800 phones do that this one doesn't.

http://www.cnet.com/products/lg-g-stylo/

Bought the LG G Stylo last night after giving my old phone to my mom. A whole other story. haha.

Anyway.... 5.7" display with a stylus pen that I'll probably never use. The t-mobile version comes with a 13mp camera (5 rear). It's also got 5.1 Lollipop and a 1.2 quad processor. 1gb ram and 8gb storage that can expand to 32gb with microsd.

This should last me at least 3 years.

For under 300, it was impossible to pass up. I have no idea what those 600-800 phones do that this one doesn't.

http://www.cnet.com/products/lg-g-stylo/
That's definitely a great value. Congrats, I love having a big screen.

Well you can tell what season it coming up when the home screen gets changed.

abfae2833920d6662ca049e7c859de35.jpg

I'm waiting for the Nexus 5 (2015) model from LG to be announced. You can be sure when it goes up for preorder I will be in the site for it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for the Nexus 5 (2015) model from LG to be announced. You can be sure when it goes up for preorder I will be in the site for it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Some of the rumors I have heard look really promising. Should be another solid Nexus device. I have the Nexus 6 and love it

Missed the delivery of my note 5 this afternoon im pissed! Gotta wait till tomorrow i guess. Reviews are very positive so far and im stoked. Not a huge change from the 4 but coming from the s4 it'll be a mega change lol went with 64gb as there's no sd but its not a deal breaker for me

Missed the delivery of my note 5 this afternoon im pissed! Gotta wait till tomorrow i guess. Reviews are very positive so far and im stoked. Not a huge change from the 4 but coming from the s4 it'll be a mega change lol went with 64gb as there's no sd but its not a deal breaker for me
Ugh that sucks same thing happened to me with my Nexus 6 had to wait till the next day.

Ugh that sucks same thing happened to me with my Nexus 6 had to wait till the next day.
Nothing like getting home and seeing the ole "too bad you arent getting your new toy" notice on the door lol! They had a $200 trade in bonus towards it so i got a nice deal as well

When getting a new phone yesterday, I learned that my old phone (Samsung Blaze) had a trade-in value of $2. Fortunately, I gave it to my mom. So, to me it was worth at least $200....in savings. They wouldn't take her old phone. haha.

When getting a new phone yesterday, I learned that my old phone (Samsung Blaze) had a trade-in value of $2. Fortunately, I gave it to my mom. So, to me it was worth at least $200....in savings. They wouldn't take her old phone. haha.
I honestly don't know what my s4 was worth but they were offering $200 trade in if you wanted the note 5 or s6 edge +. Timing was perfect haha I'm sure otherwise i would of just kept it

I honestly don't know what my s4 was worth but they were offering $200 trade in if you wanted the note 5 or s6 edge +. Timing was perfect haha I'm sure otherwise i would of just kept it

Where at?

Got my phone today and it's a pretty big upgrade over the s4 I'm pretty much loving it right now. I love the multitasking options and I'll admit I'm being a stylus ho lol I just enjoy using it and I don't care if someone thinks i look douchey

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Got my phone today and it's a pretty big upgrade over the s4 I'm pretty much loving it right now. I love the multitasking options and I'll admit I'm being a stylus ho lol I just enjoy using it and I don't care if someone thinks i look douchey

Awesome man, the extra screen space is awesome isn't it? If nothing else that is a big upgrade in itself.

Awesome man, the extra screen space is awesome isn't it? If nothing else that is a big upgrade in itself.
Oh there's no doubt about it! They really did a good job rounding the corners on the back do it's much easier to hold than my buddies note 4. Camera is light years better than my s4 holy hell lol that's a nice upgrade. Still some Samsung bloat and touch wiz stuff that's not my favorite but it doesn't really bug me and I'll be changing launchers and disabling some junk. I like being able to write on the screen without turning my phone on lol it'll put that into a notepad for me so it's pretty neat I thought. Obviously it's early but so far I'm liking it

Oh there's no doubt about it! They really did a good job rounding the corners on the back do it's much easier to hold than my buddies note 4. Camera is light years better than my s4 holy hell lol that's a nice upgrade. Still some Samsung bloat and touch wiz stuff that's not my favorite but it doesn't really bug me and I'll be changing launchers and disabling some junk. I like being able to write on the screen without turning my phone on lol it'll put that into a notepad for me so it's pretty neat I thought. Obviously it's early but so far I'm liking it

Awesome man, I've got a slight amount of envy, still love my phone but those are pretty sweet.

Awesome man, I've got a slight amount of envy, still love my phone but those are pretty sweet.
Thanks dude. I was back and forth with waiting for a new Nexus but couldn't wait and the Note just seemed awesome lol no removable battery or sd card anymore but for me personally I never messed with those before so it's ok. My s4 was 16gb and I got the 64gb note so I'm confident I won't run in to any issues haha. Kinda wish I got the wireless charger so that may be my next purchase.

Getting much better battery life with the note 5 right now over the s4. Makes me wonder if my old battery was shot lol im easily getting a day with some moderate use where before I barely got that regardless of use. Going to try another launcher but honestly they really did refine touch wiz on this, it's so much better than my old phone and the new features are great

Getting much better battery life with the note 5 right now over the s4. Makes me wonder if my old battery was shot lol im easily getting a day with some moderate use where before I barely got that regardless of use. Going to try another launcher but honestly they really did refine touch wiz on this, it's so much better than my old phone and the new features are great

besides battery life, how are you liking it?

besides battery life, how are you liking it?
Really don't have any negative things to say about it so far, everything is so much better than my s4 haha. The camera looks incredible I must say and of course the screen size im loving. I'll admit I'm using the stylus a ton, not sure if it's because it's new to me and it'll fade out but honestly it's just convenient and fun with all the stuff you can do with it haha. Im multitasking like a madman and have seen absolutely no signs of any slowing or bogging. The initial reviews said the screen was one of nicest out and I'll agree it's so vibrant and nice to look at. Just little things like being able to change the grid layout on the home screens with touchwiz is a nice touch and I'm glad they tweeked it. Time will tell obviously and I really didn't have too many issues with the s4 but everything about this is great haha.

Really don't have any negative things to say about it so far, everything is so much better than my s4 haha. The camera looks incredible I must say and of course the screen size im loving. I'll admit I'm using the stylus a ton, not sure if it's because it's new to me and it'll fade out but honestly it's just convenient and fun with all the stuff you can do with it haha. Im multitasking like a madman and have seen absolutely no signs of any slowing or bogging. The initial reviews said the screen was one of nicest out and I'll agree it's so vibrant and nice to look at. Just little things like being able to change the grid layout on the home screens with touchwiz is a nice touch and I'm glad they tweeked it. Time will tell obviously and I really didn't have too many issues with the s4 but everything about this is great haha.

nice. I've been a samsung guy the last 3 releases of the S line(3,4,and, 5). Due for new phones in November. Might go a different route to change things up a bit because it seems like I've gotten the same phone 3 straight years. The note 5 might give me the new feeling with the stylus, and seeing/holding it in person made me immediately consider it. Previously I was not interested in the Note line as I didn't like the size. However now I'm looking at that and the G4.

nice. I've been a samsung guy the last 3 releases of the S line(3,4,and, 5). Due for new phones in November. Might go a different route to change things up a bit because it seems like I've gotten the same phone 3 straight years. The note 5 might give me the new feeling with the stylus, and seeing/holding it in person made me immediately consider it. Previously I was not interested in the Note line as I didn't like the size. However now I'm looking at that and the G4.
Dude honestly I wasn't all that interested in the stylus until I watched some videos of it on the note 5 and now I'm just a nerd about it lol I can't stop using it. I agree things are pretty close between those releases and I also considered waiting for a new Nexus or something but I'm happy with this and glad I got it. Its definitely a huge upgrade for me and overall it's tweeked enough to be refreshing in my opinion. Sure it's still familiar Samsung but I feel with everything you can do with it you'd be happy. They're offering that trade in deal too so I got $200 off when trading my s4 so that was a big selling point as well. Little things like being able to fast reply to text messages without closing down what I'm doing like games or even tapatalk is a nice touch. I'm sure there's other phones that do it but I haven't had those things so it's new and great lol the multitasking on the s4 was kinda whack imo not a ton you could do. I like being able to write on the screen without turning my phone on and then it autosaves into notepad for me haha not gonna lie I used it at the store

Well after killing my Note 4 after just a month of ownership (got it wet). Bought a new one on Swappa.com. Hopefully this will take care of my expensive mistake.

Back