Trying To Break 90 Club

Another quick 9 after work:

Shot a 40 (+5) with 2 up/downs made out of 5 and 1 3 putt bogey, 3 FIRs, 3GIRs, 17 putts, greens were running a bit faster than normal. 1:20 walking, dam speed golf is for me

Shot a 40 (+5) with 2 up/downs made out of 5 and 1 3 putt bogey, 3 FIRs, 3GIRs, 17 putts, greens were running a bit faster than normal. 1:20 walking, dam speed golf is for me
Great round!

44/40 today... My best round of the year.

Short game is my weakness but I'm making progress on the pitches/chips, and that part of the game today was excellent by my standards. My putting, however, was awful. I had 4 or 5 3 putts.

Irons - By far the best part of my game. Gave myself 7 (!) birdie putts today. Made NONE of them. :banghead:

Also need to work on the driver. I only hit it 4 times today, and only 1 of them ended up in the fairway. I have mostly been using my 18* hybrid off the tee, and it's just money for me. Usually hit it between 215-225 and with a slight draw. Fairway 75% of the time.

I think I'm close to being consistently in the mid 80's. Really, really need to work on the putting.

Good job !

48/46 for a 94 at TPC Las Vegas Friday morning. Definitely left a few shots out there but what a fun track; everyone who attends that event will love it.

Got out today prior to a doc's appt; went 49/42 for a 91. Was in the fairway on 18 with a chance to get on in 2 and topped my approach into a creek; ended up with a triple after having played the previous 8 holes +3. Three triples killed my round today. Had a fortunate chip in birdie on 10 which was fun. 5/14 FW, 3/18 GIR, 34 putts. Four pars and a bird today. Need to get myself from having 5 or 6 solid holes to 8 or 9 if I want to score sub 90 consistently. Onward.

Walked 18 for 46/47=93 Couldn't get my driver or my hybrids going until late in the round but fortunately I was able to hit my wedges close enough to save some pars that saved my game. Went out for another 9 and shot 48 but was hitting driver and hybrids much better but was making mental mistakes especially on the green with putting.

Walked 18 for 46/47=93 Couldn't get my driver or my hybrids going until late in the round but fortunately I was able to hit my wedges close enough to save some pars that saved my game. Went out for another 9 and shot 48 but was hitting driver and hybrids much better but was making mental mistakes especially on the green with putting.

You'll tie it all together one of these days, hopefully it all meshes before the snowflakes come visit.

what a weird day today, I shot 91 from the back tee, with a double, a triple, and two nines...

that will ESC to 87 and will be counted as my best round this year for my handicap, but is doesn't feel like it at all

what a weird day today, I shot 91 from the back tee, with a double, a triple, and two nines...

that will ESC to 87 and will be counted as my best round this year for my handicap, but is doesn't feel like it at all
Nice Marty! That has to feel sweet

Nice Marty! That has to feel sweet

for some reason, the only thing I remember is that stretch of 3 holes where I went +13....

for some reason, the only thing I remember is that stretch of 3 holes where I went +13....
Haha funny how that works out isn't it? Oh well that's a solid score anyway

Try to remember that you were +6 over the other 15 holes, those 9s aren't' the norm obviously.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

94 (50/44) today, terrible off the tee but the irons were pretty good. Short game was off, not trusting the flop shot today.

94 (50/44) today, terrible off the tee but the irons were pretty good. Short game was off, not trusting the flop shot today.

Any particular reason why you put yourself in the position of having to play the flop shots in the first place? Bad course management going after flags that were in difficult positions?

Don't get me wrong, the flop shot is another shot to know how to play, but I try not to put myself in positions where I might have to play it - if the flag is tucked behind a hazard or in a difficult position if you miss the green, then I will try to play for the safe part of the green and 2 putt rather than short-side myself and possibly end up taking 3 or more to get down if I don't play a good shot

Shot 100 today. Ugh.

I was paired up with a single-digit guy and got intimidated on the front... not that he was a jerk about it; I just let playing with a much better golfer get into my head and started being quite a bit more hesitant than usual which lead to several pull hooks. He was a good guy and was very helpful I carded a 55 on the front to his 41.

Grabbed a cold beer at the turn, shut my ego off and hit 6 of 7 fairways and 6 greens on the back. Ended up at 45 on the back 9... felt good to recover from the debacle on the front.

Last nite they set us up with the front being all par 3s for men's nite, even the regular par 3's were totally different. Shot a 36. Pin's were always behind a bunker or tucked to the skinniest part of the green. It was fun playing it like that.

50 going out and 45 coming in yesterday. Disappointing. I drove the ball well, actually hit my irons well (even my 5I). But I chipped poorly and putted a bit worse than normal. Had one hole where I was just right of the green in the rough and tried to get too cute. Not much green to work with (and I would be landing on a downslope) and I had to clear a mound. Ended up chipping three times before I got on. Stoopid move by me.

52/48 - 100 yesterday at one of the tougher courses in our area. It was my first time on this course and it was more of a casual catch-up-with-old-friends round so I'm actually fairly pleased with my score.

The course was links-style with tall grass bordering the fairways. Miss the fairway and your ball is gone, period. If I had stuck with hybrids off the tee I probably would've saved 5 or 6 strokes by keeping the ball in bounds.

The greens were quite fast which suits me just fine. Only one three putt.

I broke through again yesterday and just had a solid round. 43/43-86. Need to do it consistently. ....

I've struggled most of this year trying to make some swing changes and getting the yardage consistent for each club. Well, I finally got it all together and played a consistent round and I now have a new PB and another goal set. I shot 42/38 for an 80 and even took a double and a bogey on 17/18. I know this isn't the new norm just yet, but I'm going to keep putting in work to get more consistent to try to get into the 70's. The SeeMore putter I got a couple weeks ago definitely shaved off some strokes too!

Nearly broke it today. Went out in 46 and back in 44 for 90. Hit the last hole which is a par 3 on 86. So only a par needed and hit my teeshot in the bunker got it out and was left with a 8 foot put for par. It was tracking all the way to the hole only for it to stop about half a foot short. Gutted for a bit the realised its my best score so far so hopefully next time.

44/50 yesterday, ugh a triple on 8, Then the back well twice 3 off the tee, both par 5's, both managed an 8. My nemesis par 3's all pars/gir.

Next weekend 4 rounds in 48 hours, Ryder Cup style match play tournament. Hope this ole' body can take it.

Got a chance to play 9 holes today and after not playing for a month man was I rusty. My thought process here is I am going to keep subscribed to this thread as motivation to keep playing at this level. I just made so many mistakes today and many of them were the result of no practice and not playing enough. I need to find a way to keep what I have done the past few seasons and improve on it. I keep saying it but I need to shoot some video for Freddie to take a look at and give me some things to work on this Winter, I need and want to make this happen.

Happy to have been able to play today and enjoy the game and company that I played with.

79 today with a big * due to the course being a bit on the easy side (66/108) and kinda in rough shape. Regardless, I got off the tee well and the irons were decent for the most part, especially the short game.

Back