Driving Distance Survey

1. What is your average driving distance? 225
2. How old are you? 39
3. How much do you currently weigh? 190
4. What is your height? 5' 10"
5. How many times a week do you regularly play golf? 2x per month
6. In addition to playing, how many times a week do you hit the driving range? Once

I've got a good feeling the distance numbers are good after having spent a decent amount of time on the sim at Golfsmith a few weeks ago trying out drivers. While I hit a few 250, the average was more 210-230.

1. What is your average driving distance? I don't have an actual calculated average, but my drives will go from 240-290 total, so maybe 250 is a realistic average.
2. How old are you? 50
3. How much do you currently weigh? 240
4. What is your height? 5'10"
5. How many times a week do you regularly play golf? Once a week
6. In addition to playing, how many times a week do you hit the driving range? Twice a week, sometimes more

Not going to lie, I see no real correlations going on here.

I don't want to quote the post but will say something about the "deduct 20%" because of altitude.

My personal findings say it isn't all that true. At most, I lost 5-10% when playing at sea level but still hit my 3 deep over 300y in Florida. Plenty on here to back that up.

I've also played multiple rounds with EvF (who added in the altitude part) and know he hits it well over the supposed 240y for altitude compensation.

Just my thoughts after having played at altitude and sea level.

Distance: 280 to 285 carry on trackman
Weight: 3 bills+ some change
Height: 6'4"
Play: 3 to 4x per week
Practice: 1 to 2x per week

It has been interesting to read thru this thread and see everyone's answers. However I don't see much correlation between the questions asked and ability to hit the ball far. IMO it really comes down to swing arc, AOA, launch angle, and spin rate.

5'11

1. What is your average driving distance? 235-240? hard to say, I usually don't laser my carry distance and haven't gotten on an LM in awhile.
2. How old are you? 28
3. How much do you currently weigh? 220
4. What is your height? 6'0
5. How many times a week do you regularly play golf? 1-2 times
6. In addition to playing, how many times a week do you hit the driving range? 0-1 times

1. What is your average driving distance? Average is probably 250. Longer if I'm swinging well that day.
2. How old are you? 37
3. How much do you currently weigh? 235
4. What is your height? 6'2"
5. How many times a week do you regularly play golf? 9-27 holes a week in the summer
6. In addition to playing, how many times a week do you hit the driving range? 0.25 not counting before rounds

1. What is your average driving distance?

Had been 260-270 but accuracy was a problem - Last 5 rounds I have backed off to an 80-85% swing and it has dropped to 230ish but my fairway percent has shot up to 80-90%. Am working on lengthening that out but within tempo rather than overswinging.

2. How old are you? 57

3. How much do you currently weigh? 180 lbs

4. What is your height? 6'

5. How many times a week do you regularly play golf?

It's not regular. Some weeks 2-3 times, some weeks none. It depends on my schedule.

6. In addition to playing, how many times a week do you hit the driving range?

Same answer - not regular. If I can 2-3 times per week. On weeks that I can, I try to play or practice every day.

1. What is your average driving distance? 255 with 70% of tee shots hit with my 2Deep.
2. How old are you? 50
3. How much do you currently weigh? 183
5. How many times a week do you regularly play golf? 3
6. In addition to playing, how many times a week do you hit the driving range? 2-4

1. What is your average driving distance? 235 yds
2. How old are you? :nono:
3. How much do you currently weigh? :nono:
5. How many times a week do you regularly play golf? 1-2/wk
6. How often do you go to the driving range? twice a week

So sadly I just learned from this thread that I suck and should just quit golf. Sadly an average for me would be about 200

So sadly I just learned from this thread that I suck and should just quit golf. Sadly an average for me would be about 200
I'll tee it up with you, I'm only around 175.

1. What is your average driving distance? 235 yds
2. How old are you? :nono:
3. How much do you currently weigh? :nono:
5. How many times a week do you regularly play golf? 1-2/wk
6. How often do you go to the driving range? twice a week
LOL. It's not polite...

8. Of course, some other factors were not included, such as I had to rely on people's honesty on their distances. Also, geography is a big factor. One guy was kind enough to state that he was hitting at high altitudes (deduct 20%). On the other hand, the humidity in other places, like my country, is so thick you can cut it with a knife. Course conditions, terrain, and wind are other factors.

fwiw humid air is known for further travel because its actually thinner air, not thicker and therefore the ball meets less friction flying through it. Unless of course your talking about a foggy drizzle or rain where the ball is meeting rain drops adding friction and picking up water droplets therefore making it heavy too.

The term "humid air feeling thick" is often used by most of us but its really an illusion because it has less oxygen and it only creates a false impression of being thick because its more difficult to breathe it and also because our sweat stays on our skin without evaporating. But it is indeed actually thinner air and allows the ball to fly further.

fwiw humid air is known for further travel because its actually thinner air, not thicker. Unless of course your talking about a foggy drizzle or rain where the ball is meeting rain drops adding friction and picking up water droplets therefore making it heavy.

While that is the case, it also leads to damper grass, which limits any roll.

While that is the case, it also leads to damper grass, which limits any roll.

I suppose but damp grass is usually morning dew or on a foggy day and perhaps a bit different than a very hot and humid afternoon. Slight moisture vs very damp may actually cause the ball to skid instead of grip the fairway as it hits and not slow it down. The rough might be a different scenario. I think the wet softer surface underneath the fairway vs a firmer one is probably more detrimental towards bounce and roll than the surface. Of course I am making this stuff up as I go along but you started my brain going :) ......see what you did

I suppose but damp grass is usually morning dew or on a foggy day and perhaps a bit different than a very hot and humid afternoon. Slight moisture vs very damp may actually cause the ball to skid instead of grip the fairway as it hits and not slow it down. The rough might be a different scenario. I think the wet softer surface underneath the fairway vs a firmer one is probably more detrimental towards bounce and roll than the surface. Of course I am making this stuff up as I go along but you started my brain going :) ......see what you did

No...The part about skidding is just not accurate in any way shape or form. And damp grass is not just because of morning dew or on a foggy day.

Play golf in the south for a bit and see what happens to a golf ball in terms of carry vs roll compared to elsewhere and why that happens.

1. What is your average driving distance? 250
2. How old are you? 31
3. How much do you currently weigh? 205
4. What is your height? 6"1
5. How many times a week do you regularly play golf? once
6. In addition to playing, how many times a week do you hit the driving range? once

No...The part about skidding is just not accurate in any way shape or form. And damp grass is not just because of morning dew or on a foggy day.

Play golf in the south for a bit and see what happens to a golf ball in terms of carry vs roll compared to elsewhere and why that happens.

+1
This time of year, we see our balls back up in the fairway

5'6
1-2×

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

What JB is trying to saying is:

Florida golf is tougher than Texas golf

What JB is trying to saying is:

Florida golf is tougher than Texas golf

Pfft. Nothing is harder than Texas golf. Everybody knows that.

Back