deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
Left a pretty awful sky mark on my driver (dang sandy range balls, double dang stupid tee game). Was thinking of two options ... taking it to Continental Golf and getting the top refinished, or taking it to a Club Crown retailer and having them install a club crown. Anyone have any experience with club crowns? I'd probably still get some sort of topline protection just because I suck ...

I wouldn't spend money to fix it until you want to sell it.

Fixing a sky mark gives you a 99% chance of another sky mark shortly after it's fixed.

Besides, it's a golf club. If you wanted it to stay perfect you wouldn't hit things with it.

What's the point of fixing a driver, only to turn around and sell it?

Maybe I just really don't like looking at an awful sky mark at address and don't mind dropping $50 to make it go away.

We have a guy here who is an authorized retailer and installer. I have one on my driver.

Maybe I just really don't like looking at an awful sky mark at address and don't mind dropping $50 to make it go away.

Well, then. Maybe you should be more careful. :alien:

Which driver was it?

Fixing a sky mark gives you a 99% chance of another sky mark shortly after it's fixed.

Besides, it's a golf club. If you wanted it to stay perfect you wouldn't hit things with it.

or.. you don't want a massive mark on the crown of your driver? I want my crown to stay perfect, the face of course won't stay perfect, but no reason to not keep the crown in good shape.

I know!

It was my Ping K15.

If it were me, before I spent $50+ I would stop at the auto parts store and see if there's some touch-up paint sticks that would be a close match, my object being to make the mark less noticeable at close inspection and nearly invisible when addressing the ball.

You won't make it totally go away since you'll always know where it was/is, but you should be able to blend it in so it's not easily detectable at a casual glance.

76.8% of statistics are made up...

Tom, it sucks that you marked up your driver, Hope you find a fix you like soon!

Just buy an F5 and forget about your old one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ha ha ha ... I'll eventually go W/S, but probably the D-200 instead.

You need to just suck it up and buy ddec's out of the swap and sell, before I wind up doing it :tongue:

Just take out all your skyballs on the K15 or JetSpeed first.

Plasti-dip. Comes in whatever color you want. Peel it off if you don't like it. Cheapest way to make it look nice. Also there's always small sample packs of Carbon Fiber vinyl on ebay for cheap if that's the look you'd like.

Back