Comfortable shoes for walking courses

Rusty Dave

#staffproto
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys,
I'm getting a clicgear here in a couple of weeks. I plan on walking courses as many times as possible.
I have some Footjoys that I currently use. They are pretty comfy but after walking a couple of courses the last couple of days my feet hurt like hell and are blistered up. Is this normal?
I could use some recommendations on spiked shoes (I already have spikeless and I'm looking for spiked).
The only requirement is that they have a wide foot option. Adidas don't fit me.
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey guys,
I'm getting a clicgear here in a couple of weeks. I plan on walking courses as many times as possible.
I have some Footjoys that I currently use. They are pretty comfy but after walking a couple of courses the last couple of days my feet hurt like hell and are blistered up. Is this normal?
I could use some recommendations on spiked shoes (I already have spikeless and I'm looking for spiked).
The only requirement is that they have a wide foot option. Adidas don't fit me.
Thanks in advance.

If you can find a store near you that still has them, try the Adidas sport boost. Iknow you stated that you have trouble with having wide feet but so do I and I purchased these exact shoes because after 2 different times trying on at the store they were the hands down winner for comfort. I apologize and I'm not trying dismiss you OP I'm just being honest on the most comfortable golf shoe I could find. Good luck with finding a pair that fits cause having wider feet ain't no fun when it come to large selection of choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nike shoes always fit me best due to the squarer toe box. I also have a wide foot and go up half a size if I cannot find my shoe in wide.

The old tour premiums are my favorite. I recently purchased the lunar 3 and are quickly becoming my favorite for comfort. I have owned each of the last 3 lunar control iterations and the 3 is the most comfortable. They are rounder at the toe and feel a bit tighter, however.

Ecco are super comfortable and have good support. I walk a ton and use them.

Ecco are super comfortable and have good support. I walk a ton and use them.

Cleared or spikeless? Is their a certain model?

I am in the market for new pair,thinking of going casual non spike. Ecco or Nike are top of my list atm

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I put many miles on my Footjoy Contours and never have a problem. Which ones are you wearing?

I started walking 95% of my rounds this year and always has stiff ankles and heel pain after until I got some Adipower Boost shoes. You can really feel the spring in them, especially on hard surfaces. No more stiffness or heel pain here.

Puma biofusion/biofusion lite or the titanlite are what I wear. Also the biodrive mesh and leather

I put many miles on my Footjoy Contours and never have a problem. Which ones are you wearing?

FJ Sport

I am on my third pair of the original Adidas Adicross spikeless shoes and highly recommend them. They are typically good for about 125 walking rounds and the soles still have plenty of life left when I retire them for a new pair. Only reason I have to change them out is when the uppers begin to separate from the soles from the torgue of many, many swings.

Whatever athletic shoes fit you best try their golf versions first.

Comfortable shoes for walking courses

Right now I have a pair of Ecco Biom .. Probably the most comfortable ( for me) golf shoes I have ever owned..and they are spiked

Spikeless. Biom. Pricey but worth it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am on my third pair of the original Adidas Adicross spikeless shoes and highly recommend them. They are typically good for about 125 walking rounds and the soles still have plenty of life left when I retire them for a new pair. Only reason I have to change them out is when the uppers begin to separate from the soles from the torgue of many, many swings.

I have a new pair of Adicross spikeless and love them. Just wore them this evening. I also have a pair at True Linkswear spikeless and love them also, although they are a but flat footed. My True's are two years old and still like new and they have some miles on them. Lots and lots of options today.

I have both spiked and spikeless eccos (BIOM line) and they are extremely comfortable. The only difference between them for me (other than the spikeless not being as good in soggy course conditions) is that if I wear the spikes then I need to use another pair of shoes to get to the course and back.

I've had multiple pairs of Ecco Bioms both spiked and spikeless and I have moved on from the brand. The sizes are all over the place for me and when I did find the right fit, apparently the arch doesn't line up right for my foot as I constantly had pain there after rounds.

I have wide feet and I think the most comfortable shoes I've walked in are the Adidas Boost. I have spikeless, but I believe they offer a spiked version as well.

Spikeless Puma Biodrives are the best I've had hands down.

I only walk and I recently purchased a part of Footjoy DNA. They did take 2 rounds to break in but they are super comfortable. No problems during the first 2 rounds either. I also carry my bag so I'm putting added pressure on the shoes. A friend has Echo and he swears by them

Thanks guys I'm looking for spiked right now so I'll test all the ones mentioned above. Thx again.

Spikes I wear Puma Tour Titans they are very comfortable and I have no issues walking 18 in them. Spikeless Ecco Biom Hybrids or FJ Contour Casual. I have wide ish feet, I tried Adidas Gripmores (?) and can not walk 18 in them with out getting sore feet, great for taking a cart and good grip but walking is a no no for me.

Thanks guys I'm looking for spiked right now so I'll test all the ones mentioned above. Thx again.

The Ecco Biom Lace are great spiked shoes - very comfortable. If you look, you can find a deal.

The Ecco Biom Lace are great spiked shoes - very comfortable. If you look, you can find a deal.

Good stuff. I'll see what I can find.

Good stuff. I'll see what I can find.

I found mine on Zappos for decently cheap. (may have been 20% off)

I have a pair of adidas spikes (not sure what model) but those have been pretty comfortable for me and I walk all the time. The last few weeks though I've switched to my vibram fivefingers and Merrill minimalist shoes being as my local track has been very concrete-esque

Back