What Part Of Your Game Has Improved The Most This Year

CAA_Beat

Reaction score
Handicap
Say since the beginning of the year or during the season.

It's difficult for me to say, since I haven't worked at all on my game this year and only have like 5 rounds in this year. But my last round, I got off the tee much better than I did the previous three rounds. That's more a statement on how bad it was before, versus being good this past round.

Tee game....thanks to the BB Mini.

I would say I am driving better than I ever have this year

I think everything has just gotten slightly better this year. Nothing by itself got crazy better, but in general my overall game/course control has improved.

Driving. Worked on my posture and grip and things have been solid all year.

Driver off the tee and putting better.

Irons for sure. Wedges have improved too, but they were already better than irons to start with. So iron play is much improved.

...unfortunately my woods have declined at about the same rate my irons have improved.

...This game is stupid.

Short game and putting have improved tremendously. They were basically non existent before. Now just trying to tie it all together.

Bunker play. Out of necessity.

My overall game. Some parts might disappear during the round but after the lessons this year everything is better overall

My biggest improvement i would say is my short game, I still struggle something horrible off the tee but my short game has improved leaps and bounds from last year.

Putting, thanks to Cure!

Putting, which went from embarrassing to slightly embarrassing.

I feel like I'm just a tad bit behind everything from last year. Not much, but certainly have not improved in any area I would say.

I'd say all parts of my game aside from putting have improved slightly this year. That is thanks to some lessons. I'm hoping to work on putting in my next lesson, as that is the weakest part of my game.

Tee game and specifically the driver. I pretty much refused to use it in the past because of fear of really having no control.

Fixing the tee game was one of my focuses this year and now it's becoming a strength.

I think my game has regressed over the past year. Just not playing or practicing nearly as much as a year ago.

I do think my course management is a little better. I don't take the same amount of risk that I did before. Kind of like managing expectations with my game.

chipping and pitching

Mine has seen overall improvement this year. Driving might be down slightly, iron play is definitely better, short game is slightly better and putting is hands down better.

I'd say my driver. I'm much more consistent this year than in years past.

Short game for sure.

Without a doubt the short game. I feel more confident in recent months to chip it close and one putt to save par.

I would say that every club from 7 iron on down to putter has gotten lightyears better this season. My tee game, hybrids and long irons need work though for sure.

Full disclaimer: I have never golfed as much in my life as I have just this summer, this was my first summer of golf commitment. Looking forward to many more years of growing into this fantastic sport!

Definitely with the driver. It wasn't a big weakness B4 (I was straight but had no distance) but all the 'testing sign-up' / 'how far do you hit it' threads in here pointed out just how abnormally slow my swing speed really was. At my age I was far more likely to lose even more speed, and fast, so I set out to see if I could make some gains over the past 6 months. The results have been encouraging. I've recorded and analyzed the data for nearly 5000 drives on the range, along with tee ball results in most of the rounds I've played. My average swing speeds (which were in the low 80s) are now trending around 91, in other words 20+ yards. Not a bad gain for an old lazy guy. So, as a result of so many driver swings, it has definitely become the most comfortable and consistent part of my game this year. My worry is that my driver and/or shaft might wear out. How many hits can one expect? I probably have about 7000 tee shots on my Bio+.

Short game, massively, and it's not close. With the exception of bunker play, my short game has improved exponentially.

My full swing has also improved as well though, or at least my form (since Freddie even said positive things!).

Back