Superstroke Counter core grips

lblanto1

Reaction score
Handicap
Is anyone using these with the 50gram weight inside? What does it do to the over all feel of the putter? I am thinking about getting one and trying it out just wanted some feedback first. Pros and cons? Did you like it with or without it and did you improve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on the weight of your putter head it could help. If you only add the 50gm weight to the grip it could make the putter head feel lighter.

All depends on what you are trying to achieve with the counter balancing. I've used it on several of my putters with heavier heads (380gms or so) and its helped me a ton with stabilizing my stroke. Too light of a head and I lost the feel of the putter.

My putter is a counter balance Odyssey and it came with the adjustable weight system in both the grip and putter head. It’s as mikeg says, used to adjust the feel. I put the heaviest weights in the putter and the mid weight in the grip. Gives it an overall heavier feel with more weight in the head. The adjustments will noticeably change the feel.

I used the set up of a Super Stroke XL grip with the 50 gram weight to make a counter weighted putter with a 450 gram head. It was originally a belly putter but I trimmed a bit of length from the shaft (it's now 38" long) and it worked well with this grip and weight. I also tried it with a 380 gram head but didn't like it nearly as well. I believe it would work with a bit lighter grip weight though. With the 380 gram head it seemed to make the head feel too light and it became more difficult to start and keep it on line.

I had the 50 gram weight, then the 25 gram, in my Toulon Indy. I just switched back to no weight, and I think with no weight I have a better feel of the club head.

I messed around with a 50g in my M1, but it felt extremely awkward and heavy, so I stuck with no weight.

I tinkered around with different weights in mine also. I found that the more weight I added the less distance control I had. I ended up with no weight. I am sure that there are some that will benefit from added weight though. I’ve never really had any issues with putting though until I added the weight.

I went to a 2.0 slim counterbalance on my Putter with a 370 g head and it really helped with my stability

I have 2 putters with them.

1. I put a Counter Core Pistol 2.0 on my Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 and it made the balance feel very strange and I don't like it. I'd like to try it with a 25g weight before I remove the grip completely. I found that the weight was helping keep my hands stable but it was so back heavy that I was leaving every putt short.

2. I have the same Counter Core Pistol 2.0 as the stock grip on my TM Platinum Tour Spider. I only realized after I had one installed on my Cleveland that this one did not come with the weight included when I bought the putter.. I bought the 50g weight to put in it and I think it works wonderfully and feels great. With this specific putter I feel that extra weight has stabilized my hands and made my putting way more consistent.

Back