point me in the right direction

Putt Pirate

Reaction score
Handicap
Women
Ok here's the deal I've been playing taylor made tour preferred blades for a year now and have enjoyed them up to this point. Shot a dreadful 85 last weekend, I am between 80-85 on average. What I am looking for is getting out of the blades and back to a better player iron with a cavity. Just need to be pointed in the right direction so I can go test.

If you liked the Taylormade, RSi2 sounds like a good option.

bridgestone j15 cb or driving forged
srixon 545 or 745
titleist ap2
adams cmb
callaway apex pro
ping i25 (selfish promotion engaged: i'll sell you mine!)

If you like the feel of the TP MB's, I would also consider the TP MC or CB models.

I was in your same situation and went with Ping S55 and love them.

I am playing TM TP CBs from 2011 and they are perfect. Great feel and not too game improvement looking. Swung a few with the updated version and they are great as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

First of all, great name.

I really enjoyed my time with the MCs. If you've enjoyed the MBs, I think you could have a lot of fun with the MCs.

I have been playing the TaylorMade Tour Preferred cavity back irons that were released a handful of years ago. I definitely lost a little bit of shot-making ability when I made the switch to these from blades, but I play less frequently so it prevents me from trying to get too creative sometimes.

If you want to look exclusively at the recently released models, I would echo the previous comments about the Ping S55 and the TP MC or CB models. I haven't hit any of these, but I was considering upgrading sometime soon and those are the models I have narrowed in on for myself.

if I was to buy irons in that category, I think I would look towards the J15 line up or the W/S tour v4

I am interested in these great looking club. Are these a low ball flight head.

I hit a fairly high ball with everything so I'm probably the wrong guy to ask. Here is a large forum review done by a few folks. http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?49814-PING-s55-Iron-Review-Thread

There is enough forvgivnes compared to a blade I find them easy to elevate and my shots into the green either back up a couple of feet or are a couple inches away from the ball mark. I really like the turf interaction as well. They are a great set IMO.

I was in your same situation and went with Ping S55 and love them.
I'll back these up as well. When I hit them, I had a really nice mid flight and good forgiveness. I was between these and the B-stone J40's, with cost being the deciding factor. With that being said, the J40 CBs are are also awesome. I don't expect to change my irons for a very long time

The XR Pros might not fall quite enough into a "players iron" category for you, but I'd at least give them a look.

Back