Needing recommendations for low price GPS watch.

Jackal

Reaction score
Handicap
I know you get what you pay for.
My Son will be on the school golf team next year.
He is wanting a GPS watch to help with the yardages.
We really don't want something fancy with all of the bells and whistles.
Some of them have a voice, etc.
One that has basic yardage to the middle of the green would work.
The more basic the better.
Let me know your experiences.
Cheap is better.
It's sad to say that everything has to be locked up at the school. Anything they can conceal and walk out with, they will.
Thanks for your input.

I've had the SkyCaddie SW2 watch since last Christmas and really like it, as it's simple. I can typically get about 2 rounds per charge, provided those rounds are played relatively close to each other.

I love my Bushnell neo xs. Gives front/middle/back for greens. Also has shot measurement and hazards. Very accurate as well. Usually within 1-2 yards of GPS on cart. Can be picked up used on Ebay for $125.00 or so. Full charge lasts 36 holes easily.

If all you want is F/M/B then what about the original Garmin S1 or maybe the S2?

I love my Bushnell neo xs. Gives front/middle/back for greens. Also has shot measurement and hazards. Very accurate as well. Usually within 1-2 yards of GPS on cart. Can be picked up used on Ebay for $125.00 or so. Full charge lasts 36 holes easily.

I have the Bushnell Neo that goes in your pocket - It's not a watch but it can be had for around $50 if you catch a sale or on eBay and It's fantastic.
I use it all the time.

Any experience with the IZZO Swami pendant type?

He had said that if it was a watch, he would still hang it on his bag.

If all you want is F/M/B then what about the original Garmin S1 or maybe the S2?

I have a Garmin S2, and it works fine for the F/M/B basics.

are there any GPS watches that look like regular fitness type watches you just wear off-course

He has an i-Fit?????? Watch now. He is wanting a watch, or even a pendant that he can hang on his bag.

Another vote for the Bushnell Neo Ghost. Really inexpensive, small, easy at-a-glance use AND gives hazard distances as well as green f/m/b. You also can find a wristband holder for it at about $15-20 on eBay.

You can find some pretty high end watches on eBay for a low price. I got my s6 last season of just about $100, where the retailers were still looking at well in excess of $200.

Any experience with the IZZO Swami pendant type?

He had said that if it was a watch, he would still hang it on his bag.

I have the Swami GT the gps with tagging features. Not nearly as good as gamegolf but I’m quite impressed with it. I was looking for a gps unit when I play really early in the morning in the dark. It retails for $200 but I picked it up for $80 on Amazon every now and then it would be on sales. I wouldn’t pay $150 for it but at $80 it’s a bargain.

If I have to spend anything close to $200 I’d get the laser yardage instead. It’s far more accurate and not relying on the gps signal strength.

Bushnel watches have been a solid performer and Id be shocked if you couldn't find a used one on ebay for a great price. maybe new battery would never hurt. As for bells and whistles. No one says you have to use them so if basic yardage is all you want and price is right just use it for that regardless of the bells.

I have the garmin vivoactive HR. Works great and also keeps track of steps, sleep, running, biking, etc. Might be able to get that cheaply

Back