SuperStroke TX1 Tour Extreme Club Grips Preview

Interested to see how these hold up.

Saw a picture today of John Daly rocking some solid black SS grips.

Went to regrip the Heavenwood I just received and decided to try this out. Really really digging it. Like it so much better on the club than just out of the bin. Can't wait to give it a try but from the few swings I took with it I was really a fan.

How are these holding up fellows? Really still intrigued by them.

Yes sir

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Snapped some this morning for you. These are my 8 and 9 iron. They get a ton of use and share a spot in my bag(4 way divider).

6bed1a0e9631cd4974f81bbe1ef46686.jpg

07c5369d713fff0ba5eaac2dddd2de10.jpg

c2760167a4e4f75d8a3739b62459d641.jpg

cace520ae933a879147902fcf97d5e02.jpg

Sweet thank you sir

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Giving these a shot on the wedges to try out.

9cf7aef7059154f94a579cb19a73bf85.jpg

Supposedly these were pulled from Golf Galaxy retail. Something about a recall. Anyone hear anything?

Supposedly these were pulled from Golf Galaxy retail. Something about a recall. Anyone hear anything?

Golf galaxy by me was where I picked these up. They had full shelves of them.

So...after a little while with these on the wedges I have some thoughts.

The top section has a weird feeling to it. Much different from any other cord grip I've tried. It's not very tacky if at all, and it almost feels like the cord is too soft. it doesn't give me a lot of confidence with them, although I must say that with a glove on, you don't notice and it does seem to grip perfectly fine. Only problem is that I take my glove off for almost all wedge shots. The rubber bottom part is very nice though I must say.

The biggest problem with this grip, is that the partition between the corded top part with the rubber bottom part has a very serious groove to it, and it's uncomfortable in hand IMO since it hits right where one of my fingers seem to sit. That's not something I can get over and it's going to be the death of these pretty quickly.

I love the aesthetics of the grip, and I really really wanted to like them, but there are just a couple things that won't allow these to be a full time fit for me.

So...after a little while with these on the wedges I have some thoughts.

The top section has a weird feeling to it. Much different from any other cord grip I've tried. It's not very tacky if at all, and it almost feels like the cord is too soft. it doesn't give me a lot of confidence with them, although I must say that with a glove on, you don't notice and it does seem to grip perfectly fine. Only problem is that I take my glove off for almost all wedge shots. The rubber bottom part is very nice though I must say.

The biggest problem with this grip, is that the partition between the corded top part with the rubber bottom part has a very serious groove to it, and it's uncomfortable in hand IMO since it hits right where one of my fingers seem to sit. That's not something I can get over and it's going to be the death of these pretty quickly.

I love the aesthetics of the grip, and I really really wanted to like them, but there are just a couple things that won't allow these to be a full time fit for me.
I had an issue with that groove too. I actually tore off the first grip I installed because of it and installed the rest upside down and it felt better

I am thinking about pulling the trigger on getting a full set of these in the next few weeks. Does anybody have a comparison on these vs the ndmc or mcc+4's? and for those of you that are playing them how are they holding up?

These were put on my z545 irons this morning, and I'll hopefully be headed out to take some swings with them tomorrow. I spent some time in the store comparing the NCMC, UTX, and these, and of the three corded designs, these were the clear winner from a texture perspective. I'll share my thoughts in here once I put some swings on these.

Well I have been needing new grips and didnt want to drop $100 on NDMC. So I was on ebay and found these for $6.75 a piece. So picked up 8 grips. Reviews seem to be fairly positive so hopefully I will like them

Reviving an old thread; just got a set of irons off eBay with these grips. A few swings off the mat in the basement and they feel decent. I guess they are discontinued now and on close out? Can anyone offer some longer term thoughts on them? I play ndmc+4 typically, so the dual construction really appeals to me.

Reviving an old thread; just got a set of irons off eBay with these grips. A few swings off the mat in the basement and they feel decent. I guess they are discontinued now and on close out? Can anyone offer some longer term thoughts on them? I play ndmc+4 typically, so the dual construction really appeals to me.

I've played them for almost 2 full years now. I think they wear just fine, the corded area isn't very tacky and is a bit slick over time. They are still one of my favorites out there because they don't chew up my hands. I hit them a couple of times with some Lamkin Gripes, and they come clear and get some of the corded feel back.

Picked up 13 of these from the local golf show today for a good price. As someone who thinks the NDMC are the best grip available I’ll be interested to see how these compare.

I got 13 for $40 plus shipping today. Figured I'd give them a shot once the MCC's wear out. First impression is the corded area is very soft on the hands. Not sure how I feel about that yet. Love the cosmetics and the feel of the rubber part. The reviews seem to be consistently good so I figure if I don't like them no harm, no foul for $40. Unfortunately my MCC's are holding up really well but I will add a review when I finally install them.

just bought some black ones for a re-grip today, more out of necessity since my preferred grip wasn't available. we'll see how they do.

Back