2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

I love hearing that :)

And being a part of the THP Community.
Getting into this event, will be about engagement.
If someone is more of a fly by poster when contests or things come up (And this is definitely not about anybody that has posted in here), the Grandaddy might not be for them. This one is all about Team THP.

I love that this event impacts as many people as it does. Working on your game as a hopeful is awesome, but we're also fortunate in that skill isn't really going to play a huge factor. More about being in the moment, having a blast in what will likely be one of the greatest golf experiences of a lifetime, and playing to YOUR number.

That is, if you're able to swing with your jaw dragging on the ground.

I'll find a way to swing. :alien:

This is certainly an outstanding event, and is bound to be a great time all around!

If someone is more of a fly by poster when contests or things come up (And this is definitely not about anybody that has posted in here), the Grandaddy might not be for them. This one is all about Team THP.

I agree totally JB. I want to get in to enjoy the moment and all the amazing people I would get to meet. I want to get in to help THP get that belt.

Might have to give the interview a second listen, make sure I didn't miss anything.

I will drop this here and then get flamed, but I am going to. The event has been a loss for Team THP for 3 straight years. Going in its all about redemption and coming out its all about it doesnt matter if you win or lose.

You know who says that? Teams that just lost.

Time to bring it. Test out the Callaway Gear (its ****ing good). Work on your game. Test out some more Callaway Gear. Get in the ****ing moment. I know Dan is going to be practicing. I know that he wants to win. Every year its we are going to bring the belt back. Followed by, it doesnt matter if you bring the belt back.

None of what I said above is true

So here I say, if the goal is winning, and your posts are usually filled with once a week stop in and bring the "We are taking the belt this year if you pick me" and then gone till Thursday (wait, todays Thursday) and then back again with lather, rinse and repeat, its going to be a tough go around. If you embrace the community as a whole, jump into the conversations, take in the THP Radio Shows, check out the THP TV channel and jump into the mix with Callaway Golf you could end up going on the trip of a lifetime. Just as I would venture to guess that half the people saying they want in, have not noticed we have two other events featuring THP and Callaway Golf and I can guaran ****ing tee that if I wanted in the Grandaddy of em All, I would be paying attention to those as well, even from the outside looking in.

THP is done with the one and dones for the Grandaddy....This year the program continues with #ChangeTheGame.
Team THP will be made up of Mutha Effin THPers. Not forum members. But ****ing THPers.
If you have not realized the difference yet, do some digging on THIS forum. :D

I will drop this here and then get flamed, but I am going to. The event has been a loss for Team THP for 3 straight years. Going in its all about redemption and coming out its all about it doesnt matter if you win or lose.

Time to bring it. Test out the Callaway Gear (its ****ing good). Work on your game. Test out some more Callaway Gear. Get in the ****ing moment. I know Dan is going to be practicing. I know that he wants to win. Every year its we are going to bring the belt back. Followed by, it doesnt matter if you bring the belt back.

So here I say, if the goal is winning, and your posts are usually filled with once a week stop in and bring the "We are taking the belt this year if you pick me" and then gone till Thursday (wait, todays Thursday) and then back again with lather, rinse and repeat, its going to be a tough go around. If you embrace the community as a whole, jump into the conversations, take in the THP Radio Shows, check out the THP TV channel and jump into the mix with Callaway Golf you could end up going on the trip of a lifetime. Just as I would venture to guess that half the people saying they want in, have not noticed we have two other events featuring THP and Callaway Golf and I can guaran ****ing tee that if I wanted in the Grandaddy of em All, I would be paying attention to those as well, even from the outside looking in.

THP is done with the one and dones for the Grandaddy....This year the program continues with #ChangeTheGame.
Team THP will be made up of Mutha Effin THPers. Not forum members. But ****ing THPers.

Boomshakalaka!!!!!!!!

Well said jb...u can have the amazing experience AND win!

I love that this event impacts as many people as it does. Working on your game as a hopeful is awesome, but we're also fortunate in that skill isn't really going to play a huge factor. More about being in the moment, having a blast in what will likely be one of the greatest golf experiences of a lifetime, and playing to YOUR number.

That is, if you're able to swing with your jaw dragging on the ground.
I wonder if I can practice at the range with my jaw dragging on the ground. I'll have to print some of those Hideaway photos and that should help simulate the experience. :D

Makes perfect sense to me. I'm ready and pumped to rep THP Community and Team THP for #TheGrandaddy before, during and after the event.

Can't honestly say I'm a THPer yet... But I like to think I'm quickly becoming one in the months since I discovered this forum and have been telling anyone who will listen about what a great community thp is... I've found the last forum I'll ever need!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't honestly say I'm a THPer yet... But I like to think I'm quickly becoming one in the months since I discovered this forum and have been telling anyone who will listen about what a great community thp is... I've found the last forum I'll ever need!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you are.

I'm just going to say that's one way to go about it.... And I happen to agree wholeheartedly!! Bravo boss man.

This is an amazing event, about so much more than just a golf event. It's an amazing chance to meet some great people face to face, and see some really neat stuff, and get some cool stuff. (There may be an understatement or two in there) To me this is a culmination of a great year of some amazing events. This the ****ing granddaddy of them all, and it deserves the people that make THP great.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I like reading this post. Really like it.

You can bet your freaking house I want to win. No HoF tags make Canadan something something.

A Grandaddy HOF tag is going to look beautiful next to your name.

I love a fired up JB post btw, ha.

Hmmm... Anyone else reading between the lines a little bit ago? Maybe Drew and I already have a teammate?

Velardo won't know what hit him.

HE'LL YEAH! I love it this last part got me so friggin pumped!

The Grandaddy is so effing special it needs special people from this special place! THP is what you make of it, but to some it's more than just a golf forum, it's family!

#TheGrandaddyisComing

You know.... Here. Waiting patiently for someone to offer up a contest or a detail. I don't need details. Just tell me what to email where when.

Or you could just pick me. I'm ok with that.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

If you're waiting for a contest to start to get excited..... You're already behind....just saying

Well said and couldn't agree more.

I wrote this in last year's thread when it was asked what are we most excited about. Since most people stopped following once they were not selected (until the event started), I figure now is a good time to post it.

What am I most excited about?

Its the ****ing Grandaddy of em all thats what I am excited about. Look around the landscape of golf and see if something like this exists. I know THP has in some ways spoiled Albatross Club Members with forum testing, contests, events that are incredible and even meeting people behind the scenes at companies. With all of that, it still doesnt take the luster off of the ****ing Grandaddy.

I get excited about a lot of things on THP. I get excited about seeing my friends in the industry at multiple places. I get excited about seeing THPers and watching them play and talk about equipment. But nothing brings my level of excitement like this event does. Go out to any golf course in the world and ask these 5 questions.

Would you like to play golf for a few days at one of the finest facilities in the world?
Would you like to test all of the latest and greatest at the nicest facility in the world?
Would you like to be given a bag full of that equipment by one of the best companies in the world?
Would you like to fly across the country, be taken to great restaurants and stay in a wonderful hotel for this?
And would you like to do it with no cost at all?

**** YEAH I WOULD!

Think about those 5 things for a second. I love you guys to death, but if Callaway told me I had to go play this with 11 homeless dudes I picked up along the way I would say "Sure thing, be right there...Do you mind if they shower first?". When Harry and I first spoke on the phone about this event a number of years ago it was to "create the impossible". The perfect weekend for golfers. Yes Callaway creates brand ambassadors (they hope) out of this and THP gets to host a once in a lifetime event that goes on year after year. Jason Finley has taken the ball and run with it and taken it to new levels. He deserves a big thank you (I think he likes hugs as much as I do).

With all the ******** going on in the world. Bring on the Grandaddy. With all the doom and gloom reporting on golf. Bring on the Grandaddy. With all of the trolling and passive aggressiveness because there is no quiz to get on the internet. Bring on the Grandaddy.

Its the greatest event ever planned for golfers and I work my tail off each and every day to make sure THP is up to snuff to partner with Callaway to host the damn thing. So if you ask me what am I most excited about...

THE ****ING GRANDADDY OF EM ALL is about to take place.

Its a week of a lifetime that I get to spend with people that love and care about the game as much as I do. Its a time when I dont have to be "on" and can be me around people that "get it". Its a dream come true to golfers and years ago when we came up with the idea for a Tour Van and THP Events, if you asked me to plan the perfect event...THIS WOULD BE IT!

Now Grandaddians do me a favor and copy and paste this post I just made somewhere. Now after the dust settles go back and read it and you tell me if it was anything you could have ever imagined. You tell me if it was perfection wrapped in a bow of special and then tucked under a tree made of ****ing greatness.

Its that god damn good!

I'm on a great ride so far and I haven't even been anywhere yet!!

That is awesome. Haters be damned. That is how I would be if I ran a site like this.

An experience as unique and special as #TheGrandaddy should go to loyal THP family members.

That is awesome. Haters be damned. That is how I would be if I ran a site like this.

An experience as unique and special as #TheGrandaddy should go to loyal THP family members.

We dont play the "deserve" game. Nobody deserves this.
Tenure means nothing. Its all about what you make of it pre/post/present

For the first time I can say I am really excited to try and get into the Granddaddy. I haven't posted in this page as to b honest I have been trying to figure some things out in my life and mainly career. I have settled into my new job and am at a great place in my life to really start taking golf more seriously performance wise. I will always have fun playing, but this year as my son starts to play with me I really want to get better. There wouldn't be a better stage to show ones journey then by helping with the Granddaddy. I wouldn't still be on this forum if I didn't meet people at THP events that have stayed friends. Who would think that I would play golf with individuals from Chicago, Iowa, Denver, Canada, and so many other places if it wasn't for THP. JB's post has pumped me up and I have personally decided to be more active in threads then just reading them. I also want to thank Morgan and Josh for the awesome experiences that they create for this community. I can only imagine how much time they devote to this.

Back