Short game improvement! James Ridyard is the man!

BluesManDan

Reaction score
Handicap
Can you go from a 20 handicapper to scratch in a month? Yes!!! Well, sort of...

I’ve been a 3.5-4 handicapper for the last couple years. The weakest link in my game has consistently been my short game. The strokes gained analysis of my playing by gamegolf showed me typically around scratch in driving and approaches, typically a stroke or two worse than scratch in putting but not always, and then... losing consistently 3-5 strokes in my short game and sometimes worse. According to gamegolf i was a scratch player with the short game of a 20 handicapper!!!

Basically i hit most of my gir, leaving on average 8 short game shots in a round, and on average half of them are no good putting my overall scrambling at 33%.

So a couple months ago i came across the name James Ridyard, a short game expert who teaches some guys on the European tour. I watched almost everything on YouTube that came up under his name, and bought the first set of lessons from his website shortgamesecrets.tv i think it is. Spent a weekend practicing his technique and system...

My strokes gained analysis has dropped on my short game as a consequence of the knowledge gained by all those youtubes with him and by using his technique and method.

Yesterday i posted my first round where my short game was better than scratch by .9 strokes!!! That’s something. Go from 20 handicapper short game to better than scratch?! In a month or so?!

James Ridyard. He’s the man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played 9 yesterday and shot 34. Strokes gained on everything was below scratch except for driving which was +.59 because i was trying a new shaft and it was just too spinny... loss of distance and accuracy as a result. Handicap has finally dropped under 3 (2.8).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back