Votes: 12 18.5%
  • 1 hour

Votes: 31 47.7%
  • 30 min

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • All day

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters
It is very seldom that I practice for more than an hour and usually hit 50 to 75 balls. Anymore than that I feel starts to do more harm than good. I try to go to the range with a plan and stick to that plan.

I usually like a hour but will go over occasionally

I prefer an hour for practice, however I could go up to two hours depending on the day and how much practice I am looking for

Back when I used to practice it would be in about 45 minute sessions. Enough for me to stay focused on what my goal for the session was.

I LOVE to practice. 4-5 hours a week is typical. I'd average more if I had the time and energy to spare. Ideally, I'd like to be out there 90 minutes to 2 hours a session, so I can spend time on the range, in the sand, pitching and chipping and putting. But I've been known to stop and practice even if I only have 15 minutes.

Including driving time to the range 2 hrs. But as for actual practice, I think 1 hr is just fine. I typically will buy an hrs. Worth of unlimited balls and work on wedges for a good amount, take a 2 min. Break, then irons, then hybrids and then driver. I'll then end on wedge work again.

I like having 2 hours so thats what I voted but 1 hour is more appropriate. Really the only time I have to go to the range is my lunch hour I usually go through a medium bucket in about that time without rushing too much.

I need all the time I can get because no matter how well I think I get things figured out, it never lasts for long unless I continue working on it over and over........

I love practicing, especially putting, chipping and bunker stuff. I can happily entertain myself with little games and challenges.
The bit that really annoys me round here is the lack of access to grass driving ranges for full swing practice. There are dozens of ranges within a 30 min drive of here, but only one allows you to hit off grass and even then you can only use it in mod summer. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To play my best I don't need more than 30 minutes of range time with full shots a couple times per week but I do need at least 2 hours each of putting and short game practice each week.

To play my best I don't need more than 30 minutes of range time with full shots a couple times per week but I do need at least 2 hours each of putting and short game practice each week.
What is your focus during the short game/putting practice? And how many strokes do you think that can knock off a mid/high handicapper with added time in this area of the game?

I'm not sure its the amount of time but the quality. Sometimes a 30 minute focused practice session is better than a 2 hour session where one is not as focused.

I voted for 2 hours because that's how long I'm gone when I tell the wife I'm going to practice.

I usually hit balls and practice a little pitching/chipping or practice putting and lots of chips/pitching. I haven't had a session yet this year where I touched on all facets of the game.

Practicing at home, hitting balls into a net, pitching, putting, is 15-30 minutes at a time.

I voted for two hours. Not because I think that's how long I need to get better or feel like it's a good practice session. It's more in terms of not being rushed and taking my time through my bag and in the short game area.

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't like rushing through a bucket just to loosen up. I'd like to have time to work on specifics & every aspect of the game. With more time dedicated to the short game & putting.

"Practice with a purpose." Someone once said

I voted for an hour. Ideally I'd have like 90 minutes, but if I had an hour I could get a good bucket of balls in for sure. I don't like to rush through range sessions, but in an hour I could hit a good 60 balls or so and get some good productivity out of it.

Give or take about a half hour. Don't normally hit the bunkers but putting is always needed

I voted for 30 minutes only because I rarely have the time to practice so starting small would be smart for me. I know I need to practice I just haven't figured how to do it consistently. I am actually trying to come up with a plan that would allow me to do some of the much needed practice at home this winter.

For me, even 20 minutes a week would make a huge difference. Right now, I'm fortunate if I play golf twice in a month. It's very difficult to maintain any type of game with that level of practice.

But of course to get 20 minutes in, I have to go get dressed, and drive at least 20 minutes to a range or a course. Thus, if I don't have at least an hour or more free, it's likely not going to happen.

I was assuming this was a per day question, so put 30 minutes. The real issue for me is finding time to make it to the course/range between work and the reduced hours this time of year. I try to do something golf related most days, but my range time is usually taken in chunks of 1-2 hours 1-2 times a week. If I could swing a daily practice schedule, I think 30 minutes practice, every day I wasn't playing, would be enough to keep things working and my game progressing forward. Of course focus would have to change, with some days for putting, irons, chipping, tee game, etc.

Usually an hour for me is perfect. 20 minutes each for putting, wedges and range.

Ideally, I'd like to work on my full swing for an hour 3-4 times a day and then
be able to chip, pitch and putt 5+ days a week for an hour or 2 because that's
where you really gain shots IMO.

Since I try to hit balls everyday I like around an hour. Half on range/bunker and half chipping/putting.

Following up on Fupy’s threads about practice, I’d like to know how much time do people feel they need to improve?

I hear I don’t have the time as the common reason for not practicing. And I’m thinking people feel they need two hours to practice.

What would be satisfying to you in terms of time?
I practice every day for about 30 minutes. A lot of chipping and putting. I also do a fair amount of working on the full swing without a club or hitting Birdie Balls. Almost never do actual range work.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I try and practice at least an hour every day. I am working mostly on irons and wedges right now with full swings simply because I am hitting my woods and hybrids well and I know my distances pretty good with those but the irons are still not very consistent. I also do some chipping and when I get to the range I do putt as well. When I get some more consistency with my irons, I should be playing at a decent level and with a bit of short game improvement I will be in a good place. Trying to get all that worked out ASAP obviously but I figure by Spring I should see a pretty bold improvement.

I practice about 4 hours a week. Quantity isn’t the issue, quality is. I can be really focused for 5 minutes on working on a move. Then something happens and I lose track of purpose. My latest squirrel has been forearm rotation in the backswing. Slowing down my tempo has me feeling all sorts of new things. Which is why I’m going back to lessons now that my wrist is healed. I need a second set of eyes to make sure I get good practice in.

Back