Identify these Callaway Chrome Golf Balls

myndcraft

#TheGauntlet 2015 Champs
Reaction score
Handicap
Driving
I did a bulk order with a used golf ball site for Chrome Softs and got some with markings I haven't seen before. Was wondering if people could help identify.

< CHROME•SOFT >
<CHROME SOFT••>
<CHROME•SPEED>
- CHROME + -

I'm pretty sure the first one is the current model and the second it last years? No clue on the last two though.

Chrome Soft Dot Dot was the 2016 version

Chrome+ was the version that came out before the Chromesoft did, I wanna say after the Hex Chrome?

I am pretty sure MWard is right, Chrome Speed was the version that was released in Japan and had the blue box, some THPers have played them (If I remember correctly OITW had a dozen).

Chrome*Soft I believe is the original Chrome Soft. (Chrome ** being the current model as MWard mentioned).

I don't know for sure but <CHROME•SPEED> smells like a made for Costco ball.
Kind a like Hex Control
Could be wrong.

I'll give it a shot:

CHROME•SOFT -> Original model. "The ball that changed the ball."
CHROME SOFT•• -> Current iteration.
CHROME•SPEED -> Spec ball that was intended to be released alongside 1 as a firmer option. Guessing this is what morphed into CHROME SOFT X
CHROME + -> Predecessor to all of the above. If you got these in your order you should get an adjustment.

There are better authorities around here than me so take with a hefty dose of salt.

I did a bulk order with a used golf ball site for Chrome Softs and got some with markings I haven't seen before. Was wondering if people could help identify.

< CHROME•SOFT >
<CHROME SOFT••>
<CHROME•SPEED>
- CHROME + -

I'm pretty sure the first one is the current model and the second it last years? No clue on the last two though.

Love the Chrome +. It's a few years old 2014/2015? Still a great ball.

I think this is correct

< CHROME•SOFT > OG version
<CHROME SOFT••> 2016 version
<CHROME•SPEED> firmer Chrome Soft released in Japan only
- CHROME + - Pre Chrome Soft OG

Chrome + is a really hard ball, couldn't be much more different than Chrome Soft!

Dave

Thanks everyone,

I managed to dig up a bit more info on some of these. All together they ended up sending me 14 balls that weren't actual Chrome Softs (including some non Callaway balls). I've contacted them and replacements for those are on the way.

Chrome Speeds were very firm, similar to the Hex Chrome +. I bought several dozen from MG Golf's website a couple years back when they somehow acquired the remaining stock and sold them all for $20/dozen. They are not like any version of the Chrome Soft or Chrome Soft X.

I think this is correct

< CHROME•SOFT > OG version
<CHROME SOFT••> 2016 version
<CHROME•SPEED> firmer Chrome Soft released in Japan only
- CHROME + - Pre Chrome Soft OG
True dat! I've played them all (except that Japan one) and each one is better than the one before it. Such a solid golf ball.

Back