Throwback Thursday - TaylorMade InerGel Golf Balls

Don't remember these at all. Crazy to think that balls from almost 20 years ago were already at that near $50 mark.
These were the highest at that time most were 10 cheaper , balata was on the way out but still one to beat at this time,i was playing mostly balata ball when these came out

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I wonder how Dean feels about the packaging and if he still feels balls will lose that much yardage in cardboard sleeves. Also, if he still stands behind that claim why they don't package Snell that way (or similar)? Copyright and patent issues??

I bought a bunch of those, along with an off-the-rack set of burner clubs and graphite-shafted irons, back in the early days of graphite.

I was convinced I was going to be a totally different golfer by going so cutting-edge.

Could.not.have.been.more.wrong.

I think those clubs lasted about 8 months before I finally came to my senses.

I bought a bunch of those, along with an off-the-rack set of burner clubs and graphite-shafted irons, back in the early days of graphite.

I was convinced I was going to be a totally different golfer by going so cutting-edge.

Could.not.have.been.more.wrong.

I think those clubs lasted about 8 months before I finally came to my senses.

Installing grips on Bubble shafts was the worst. That grip tool thing was a nightmare and the grips were so thin you would rip them if you were not careful

Installing grips on Bubble shafts was the worst. That grip tool thing was a nightmare and the grips were so thin you would rip them if you were not careful
I still got one and i actually used it this summer once LMAO
d5625b49d85ba671de10c995a1b241ad.jpg

I bought a box of these, great idea and packaging. Was not a fan of the ball but the Callaway rule 35 was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loved the sleeves they came in

I don't remember the balls at all, but I still have one of the sleeves - I use it to store my divot tool, tees, coins, etc. during the round.

I might've used those sleeves for holding something besides golf balls.......

Did it keep it fresh? They didn't seem very airtight.

I love these, fup! I haven't been into golf and equipment very long so these are all very eye-opening and educational to me, especially the marketing claims and pricing.

Thanks!

Every time I page through the throwback threads I wonder why I don't remember these things. However, I would love for Taylormade to use that great logo again.

I also don’t remember these at all but probably played them without knowing. I’m

I remember these. I don't think I ever bought a sleeve but remember the packaging. Interesting seeing Dean Snell's quote about the moisture.

I also don’t remember these at all but probably played them without knowing. I’m
Nah you know if you played these, your wallet would actually lol

They honestly were not very good. Right before the solid ball shift to those original nikes/ prov1.

I know TM had a ball labeled control that was amazing in late 2000-2001. Had a bunch of them and blew intergels away so not even remotely surprised anyone remembers unless they looked at their credit card bill.

If memory serves me correctly they had this gold box and another colored one like a black box or silver

Nah you know if you played these, your wallet would actually lol

Naw 1999 I was in 6th grade shagging balls out of ponds to hit in a field lol

Remember the balls but don't think I ever used them.

I remember these well, but mainly played the Strata Tour Ultimate and the Rule 35

Back