Is a HOI something you truly desire and a must have?

Id really like to get one. Came close many times. One of these days.......if not I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Im more concerned about hitting the green than i am a HIO. I dont think it really proves much other than you got lucky either. Plus to be honest i dont want to buy everyone in the club house a drink. I don't have that money to burn yet.

I think there is as much luck as skill in a HOI, as Plin said.
I have two. So clearly there is luck involved.

I would love to have a HIO but I much rather have under par round!

Would love to have one, but it doesn't enter my mind at all that I don't.

The only time it comes up is when people who have played significantly less golf than me have multiple. The fact that I've played thousands of par 3s in my life and have played well enough to have a sub-5 cap for most of the last 20+ years and I have never been fortunate enough to have one is mostly just surprising to me and others.

Takes some luck - maybe next time out!

I would love to make one, but honestly I know guys that have golfed for many years, and have thousands of rounds under their belts, and haven't made one.

I would far rather put up good scores, than ever put up a HOI.

Would love to get one, and have come pretty close a few times. If I never get one it won't be something I fret over on my deathbed.

I don't know why so many say its lucky. I mean you take a shot and whether or not its at the pin or just at a part of the green that makes good sense to you and the ball rolls/bounces etc in the hole. Why is it luck? Why cant it just be what it is? A "hole in 1"

sure I can understand a tree, a sprinkler head, a crazy result from a poor shot being considered lucky. But you take a shot to get close and it goes in, why is that luck?

Actually since its so very elusive for so many of us I'm beginning to think we should start aiming where "don't" really want to be and perhaps we may get more lol

Its something that would be sweet if it happened but it probably never will and I'm cool with that. It's not a must for me

You really can't see why hitting a small hole only a couple inches wide from 100-200+ yards away doesn't take a little bit of luck?

The odds are against me for a HIO. I don't get to play enough. I wouldn't call it luck for me, maybe an accident would best describe it.

Given a choice I would take a 10 stroke permanent drop on my handicap over a HIO.

Jack

I'd love to have one on a par4. It'd still be a total accident it went in the hole, but, at least, I did something.

I wouldn't call it a must have, but I do have complete faith that I will have one sometime in my golf career. I don't worry about it because one day it will happen, and if the golf gods stay consistent it will happen on a round where everything else is going terribly.

I want it... BAD... and i would like it to be at an opportune time, with a bunch of close friends. I came millimeters away on my bachelor's party (ball was hanging over the cup). I remember the guys in the group ahead of us screaming... then a collective disappointed "oh"... I'm still a little salty, as that would have been epic

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

33 years of golf, have played as single digit handicapper still missing my ace. Yes I truly truly desire one... but if it doesn't happen then it just wasn't meant to be. Man I have been close a couple times the last couple years though! Inside a foot last week.

413575deaecf56ac96b2600d4f0eb957.jpg

Because skill doesn't give you 90 degree left spin.

no, I can't afford the bar tab. In fact, I aim short of the green, just to make sure I don't have one :alien:

It would be a nice to have, not a have to have. I would like to have an eagle for the first time ever.

I went 19 years without one, then had 2 in 11 days. Now it's been another 19 years, and I'm starting to get that feeling that I'm way overdue! It was good to get the monkey off my back though!

You really can't see why hitting a small hole only a couple inches wide from 100-200+ yards away doesn't take a little bit of luck?

Because skill doesn't give you 90 degree left spin.

I here what you guys are saying.. I just don't think the word luck needs to be next to it like perhaps some sort of asterisk. Golf balls often bounce and roll different ways when they hit a green. The ball spin, the angles, the slopes, the imperfections, etc, etc. That's just golf It just it what it is. We try to get the ball close and if it happens it happens. But that's just me:)

Do I desire one? In the worst way. I've been playing off and on for 30+ years and never had one and have never seen one live either. I've holed out from the fairway numerous times from some crazy lies and crazy distances, but never from the tee.

Is it a must have? No way. That would ruin my enjoyment of the game.

I just want to try to keep getting better every day, both on and off the golf course. That is my "must have".

I want one, but my golfing life won't be incomplete if I never get it.

I would love to have one, but it isn't something that I would be upset about if I never got one.

Back