Lamkin UTx Grips Review

I currently have these on my irons and while I like them, they do tend to feel slick faster than the prior groups I had on my irons.

On the flip side, a quick wipe down with just a towel and a few seconds to dry and they get that tacky feeling back again. It's a little different having to do this more than once a round or at all but so far I haven't been disappointed with them.

I've found the same thing with the grip I have on my 4w. But, I'm someone who sweats a ton. Impressive how they tack back up though.

I've never had issues with the grips in humidity...and it has been quite humid and hot here recently. I had UTx's on while at the Waldorf in Orland for LIITA and also the Pittsburgh Invitational, and I'm not sure it's ever been as hot and humid many places on earth than those two events haha.

I see no issues with wiping down grips once a round if it doesn't take away from the grip overall, and returns the tackiness. Frankly, that's awesome.

That really is interesting, I've not had to do that at all with any of my sets, and we get pretty effin' humid here too.

I've found the same thing with the grip I have on my 4w. But, I'm someone who sweats a ton. Impressive how they tack back up though.

I agree, it's just something I never had to do with my NDMC's unless in one of those days where you can't do anything to stay dry. As mentioned, it does get tacky again really quickly after a quick wipe down so it's not the end of the world.

I agree, it's just something I never had to do with my NDMC's unless in one of those days where you can't do anything to stay dry. As mentioned, it does get tacky again really quickly after a quick wipe down so it's not the end of the world.

I had a chat with a friend recently (you all may know him as Canadan Jr) who said the NDMCs are simply too rough and tear up hands. In my experiences they certainly retain traction well, but I'd never call that grip "tacky" I don't think.

Seems to give UTx the advantage when it comes to actually enjoying what you're gripping.

I had a chat with a friend recently (you all may know him as Canadan Jr) who said the NDMCs are simply too rough and tear up hands. In my experiences they certainly retain traction well, but I'd never call that grip "tacky" I don't think.

Seems to give UTx the advantage when it comes to actually enjoying what you're gripping.

I've heard about MC's tearing up hands, I've not had it happen to me in the years I've used them. Going from them to these though might be a way to see if that's just a me thing or if I'm just so used to the prior grip that I didn't even notice it anymore.

Only two rounds in with these, so still way too early to tell anything about that though.

I've heard about MC's tearing up hands, I've not had it happen to me in the years I've used them. Going from them to these though might be a way to see if that's just a me thing or if I'm just so used to the prior grip that I didn't even notice it anymore.

Only two rounds in with these, so still way too early to tell anything about that though.

I think the corded half on the NDMCs is a little rougher than the UTx. Both great grips, but I'm enjoying these right now and the deals available make it a no brainer. Haven't had much issue with slickness other than super sweaty days, but it's nothing a towel won't fix. Actually just gripe'd all of my clubs to get ready for league this evening.

Anyone know if the $2.97 deal is still valid? Really hoping so, really could do with someone grabbing me some. Hint hint hint........

Anybody compared these to the old standard crosslines? Golfsmith has a gripping special on these and some other grips this week. I am really debating on griping the whole set instead of the 4 I got that don't match the irons.

Anybody compared these to the old standard crosslines? Golfsmith has a gripping special on these and some other grips this week. I am really debating on griping the whole set instead of the 4 I got that don't match the irons.

My favorite grip on the market. IMO about 1000 times better than the old crappy crosslines.

My favorite grip on the market. IMO about 1000 times better than the old crappy crosslines.
Ok. Going to have to swing by local club to see then.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I liked them but found that the life I got out of them was less than what I was used to. The spots where my fingers rested seemed to wear more than the rest of the grip. Thankfully, they were fairly inexpensive.

Just went and swung a club with one on it. Honestly a bit underwhelmed

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

These came standard on my Z 745s. I took them off immediately. But I bought a F45 4 wood which had one that was well broken in. Felt completely different and will stay on till its worn out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I have tried these twice now and the durability is not good. I would compare it to a Winn product. The rubber tears easily around the Lamkin lettering. Love the feel, just not the durability. I'm going back to lamkins tacky wrap tech.

I have tried these twice now and the durability is not good. I would compare it to a Winn product. The rubber tears easily around the Lamkin lettering. Love the feel, just not the durability. I'm going back to lamkins tacky wrap tech.

Interesting.... Will have to watch for this. It does feel a bit flimsy down near the tip of the grip.

I wonder if the "wrap" version is any better?

Interesting.... Will have to watch for this. It does feel a bit flimsy down near the tip of the grip.

I wonder if the "wrap" version is any better?

I have the wraps on my irons and enjoy them. Not very rough good durability and don't feel flimsily at all. I do prefer the wrap tec though.

That's really interesting as I'm not seeing that at all, but will keep an eye out for it. Have the wraps on my woods, and they seem to be holding up well. I will say that I was out of these and put an NDMC on my LW. Regret it every time I pick up the club. Easy enough to fix, just haven't got around to it yet.

Maybe my hands are weird or my grip is weird, but these haven't worn at all. NOTHING like I've seen with Dri-Tacs, not even remotely close. I've got around 20 rounds/range sessions on them this year and they are still as good as new. I will be playing these until they are beyond worn out, then replace them with the extras that I purchased. I use the wraps on my metal woods and its a perfect blend for me.

Ditto tpluff. Absolutely no wear issues for me

Maybe my hands are weird or my grip is weird, but these haven't worn at all. NOTHING like I've seen with Dri-Tacs, not even remotely close. I've got around 20 rounds/range sessions on them this year and they are still as good as new. I will be playing these until they are beyond worn out, then replace them with the extras that I purchased. I use the wraps on my metal woods and its a perfect blend for me.

Yes, the wraps are a great option on woods as they are slightly softer. For irons, the UTx are a great choice for not wearing out -- they are firm, so firm that I remind myself to clean these more often in the summer so as not to "oil up" in the hopes of having them last a couple of seasons or more.

You aren't crazy dude, I have had zero issues at all, even playing 4+ rounds a week all summer.

I haven't seen any issues with wear with my grips either. I've had them on for 2 seasons, playing at least a round per week, and they still look new

Same here. I've had mine on for a few months, range sessions 2-3x per week and on the course usually every other week; they look like I just put them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back