The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should he? Not because of the elevator. But he wasn't a very good running back last time he played. He was getting progressively awful
Yeah, couldn't remember if it was a steady decline or 1 bad year.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

What are the chances that Teddy Bridgewater can keep this productivity up in the regular season? Could be a FF steal at the right spot.

And the Cowboys RB fiasco looks as questionable as ever....

I still don't get letting Murray go... I know contracts and all, but in this day and age of restructuring and pushing money out further, I wonder if they could have made something happen.

Also instead of McFadden, I would have gone Mathews or Vareen as a better fit

I still don't get letting Murray go... I know contracts and all, but in this day and age of restructuring and pushing money out further, I wonder if they could have made something happen.

Also instead of McFadden, I would have gone Mathews or Vareen as a better fit

There are a ton of people that believe Murray had a ton of touches and will be in the decline. Especially based on what he was looking for and their cap situation moving forward. Almost every RB with those kind of carry numbers starts to decline rather quickly.

My gut says in this new offense, Murray puts up decent numbers and looks solid. Enough that Cowboys fans question the move, but he will not be same back again with the amount of action he saw.

There are a ton of people that believe Murray had a ton of touches and will be in the decline. Especially based on what he was looking for and their cap situation moving forward. Almost every RB with those kind of carry numbers starts to decline rather quickly.

My gut says in this new offense, Murray puts up decent numbers and looks solid. Enough that Cowboys fans question the move, but he will not be same back again with the amount of action he saw.

Agree on the decline. The number of touches was not in his favor and the Philly offense is a little better to help him seem productive and have the former team question.

My point was with the way NFL contracts are structured I wonder if enough of the $$ could have been structure so both sides like the deal and the team isn't on the hook if the decline happens sooner rather than later.

I am interested in seeing how AP does this year. If he has a huge year, could we see RBs take a year off to heal in order to lengthen their career

I am interested in seeing how AP does this year. If he has a huge year, could we see RBs take a year off to heal in order to lengthen their career
That would be a death sentence for most guys other than a select few

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

That would be a death sentence for most guys other than a select few

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk
Don't forget, AD didn't take a voluntary "get myself healed" break. He was paid $12m to not play because of the public blowback of his court case. And let's not forget how petulant he acted once he returned.

I doubt many running backs will take a year off, go unpaid, and come back healthy and happy.

My Eagles are looking good

Don't forget, AD didn't take a voluntary "get myself healed" break. He was paid $12m to not play because of the public blowback of his court case. And let's not forget how petulant he acted once he returned.

I doubt many running backs will take a year off, go unpaid, and come back healthy and happy.
He wasn't paid.

He's still in court trying to get paid.

He wasn't paid.

He's still in court trying to get paid.
Really?

Do you have a link? I can't find anything saying he still hasn't been paid for 2014

He was suspended without pay and lost appeal.

He was suspended without pay and lost appeal.
Hmmm. I thought he was on the exempt list and received his salary.

If he didn't get paid, good. That makes me happier.

Edit: I see that he got paid until his suspension. He lost $4m of his $11m salary

I was referring to them taking Manziel when bridge water was available and a better prospect

The Browns are experts in blowing at least 1 first round pick when they have 2.
Manziel
Weeden
Richardson
Quinn

Kevin Costner could have done a better job at drafting.

Hmmm. I thought he was on the exempt list and received his salary.

If he didn't get paid, good. That makes me happier.

Edit: I see that he got paid until his suspension. He lost $4m of his $11m salary

Well obviously he got paid until his suspension. Dont know of too many players the NFLPA would allow that to happen to any other way.
He was suspended without pay. Appealed and lost that appeal.

The Official 2015 NFL Thread

3:00pm CST start time for Texans v Saints in New Orleans, 10th anniversary of Katrina, yeah those fans will be nice and ready to cheer on the Saints. About as good a test as we can have to help get ready for the real season. Interested to see how Hoyer leads this team.

Deandre Hopkins is a bad man.

Wow.

These xp will be an adventure all year I have a feeling

Two catches on that drive that showed off his ability. I like what I'm seeing so far

He did that in college basically his entire career.

There are plenty of college WRs that do that and can't continue that play in the NFL. Hopkins looks pretty special.

He did that in college basically his entire career.

There are plenty of college WRs that do that and can't continue that play in the NFL. Hopkins looks pretty special.

Helps his hands are like catchers mits

This whole Clowney thing is truly fascinating.

This whole Clowney thing is truly fascinating.

In terms of the injury or how B.O.B. Thinks he'll be ready game one and Clowney isn't so sure?

In terms of the injury or how B.O.B. Thinks he'll be ready game one and Clowney isn't so sure?

The entire thing. His college "career", his early NFL "career" and now they are holding him back, but saying he will be ready for week 1.

The entire thing. His college "career", his early NFL "career" and now they are holding him back, but saying he will be ready for week 1.

He's definitely been an enigma so far. I personally wanted Bortles or Mack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back