Is there one company you just refuse to buy from? And why?

Agreed. I had a stigma against Nike and then I hit the Vapor wood line and promptly said to hell with that. Now I'm thinking about yet another Nike metalwood.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That Nike Vapor Dro driver is a beast!

Bombtech? Pull the pin is a horrible advertising plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I had a stigma against Nike and then I hit the Vapor wood line and promptly said to hell with that. Now I'm thinking about yet another Nike metalwood.

I used to hate everything about Cobra. Around 1994-2006, I would try some of their stuff and it was awful.

About 3 months ago, a guy let me hit some different drivers. I said the longest, most accurate, and consistent wins.

Now, I'm gaming (3) Cobra woods.

Jack

Same here until I tried the 2012 VRS driver, and now the CT and VP drivers.

I can safely say that I have no brand loyalty for anything anymore, golf or otherwise.

I don't refuse to buy from any company. I have my favorites I gravitate towards, but I'm pretty well open to anything that works, and I think at one point or another I've had at least one club from every major player in the game, plus a few from smaller specialty companies (mostly putters). That being said, TaylorMade products have never really worked for me and don't have that much appeal to my eye.

Nike for me. Their stuff has never appealed to me. Not sure why, just never wanted their stuff. Although I guess I'd demo something if it feel in my lap.

So far every time I've compared Nike clubs to another brand's, the other brand has done better. It's not that I go into a Golfsmith with an intent to dislike Nike clubs, but I always end up liking other clubs better. I'm at the point where I don't bother trying out Nike's latest offerings.

So far every time I've compared Nike clubs to another brand's, the other brand has done better. It's not that I go into a Golfsmith with an intent to dislike Nike clubs, but I always end up liking other clubs better. I'm at the point where I don't bother trying out Nike's latest offerings.
I was at that point...then I tried the Vapor Pro. Got past that real quick.

I sympathize though. I kinda feel the same way about Ping. Don't go in looking to dislike, but I've never had any success with their metalwoods. Their irons I've always liked though.

Back