Anyone compare Iblades to mp18s?

JayB

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone have thoughts how IBlades compare to mp18 mmc; size, forgiveness, feel etc?

Yes.

Mizuno tops them on all counts.

Anyone have thoughts how IBlades compare to mp18 mmc; size, forgiveness, feel etc?
Will all depend on what you're looking for. The iBlades will appeal more to ping fans because the feel has less click to it than the 18's will, it's the dampening ping is so good at. But, the MMC will offer lower spin, and more forgiveness.

Both excellent iron choices.

Will all depend on what you're looking for. The iBlades will appeal more to ping fans because the feel has less click to it than the 18's will, it's the dampening ping is so good at. But, the MMC will offer lower spin, and more forgiveness.

Both excellent iron choices.

Interesting; I play g30s now, but have been hitting mp59s during practice. I have grown to like the mp59 more than my gamers. The feel really is outstanding on Miz clubs, and likely will pull me away from ping.

Interesting; I play g30s now, but have been hitting mp59s during practice. I have grown to like the mp59 more than my gamers. The feel really is outstanding on Miz clubs, and likely will pull me away from ping.
The G30s have got a much different sound (feel) than the 200s or iBlades FWIW. Also, keep in mind, you'll be sacrificing a LOT of forgiveness with the MMC.

But like I said, all truly really good irons.

The G30s have got a much different sound (feel) than the 200s or iBlades FWIW. Also, keep in mind, you'll be sacrificing a LOT of forgiveness with the MMC.

But like I said, all truly really good irons.

Agreed - G30s feel hot and don't give great feedback across the face except on gross mishits. They have been great as I reintroduced myself to the game.

My work with the MP59s has given me confidence that my mishits are now small enough and controlled enough that I could play them without hurting my game. I have become comfortable with the heavier sold feel and the compact low offset head.

I hope to do a fitting shortly and share the results with the forum.

Playing the MMC 18's now and came from a very forgiving head and I can say without a doubt the MMC is more accurate but misses cause at least a club distance lost which should be expected with this profile. Nut them and they are as long as anything out there.

Playing the MMC 18's now and came from a very forgiving head and I can say without a doubt the MMC is more accurate but misses cause at least a club distance lost which should be expected with this profile. Nut them and they are as long as anything out there.

thanks Jim. What irons did you come from? I have noticed the Mp-59 to be equal in distance to my G30 when struck on center. with a 1 club (or more) distance loss for mishits. I expect the MMCs to be a bit more forgiving than the MP59s. Do you perceive much difference in forgiveness in the Fli Hi clubs? I most likely would be looking at this for my 4i and maybe my 5i based on a fitting.

This mixed set theory really is great and gives one additional advantage over the Pings as I consider. That said, the fitting will be the decider.

I came from Honma TW727P with Accra 90 shafts.
I love the Fli Hi and if they had offered a full set would have got them. They definitely have more help built in to the design with misses retaining distance and launch very easy off the deck or tee.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I compared to iblades to other mb designs and thought they were the hardest/"clickiest" of all the designs I hit. And this was with the same shaft in each head. I thought Ping did a terrible job with them. The MP18 line up wasn't out when I went through the fitting, but I did end up buying the MP-5's after that fitting. I felt like the best feel/sound was a toss up between the MP-5's, 716 mb's, and Srixon Z 965 heads (w/PX LZ 6.5 shafts).

Back