Titleist Vokey SM7 Wedges

JayB

Reaction score
Handicap
I just got this e-mail from Titleist. I'll be curious to see what is new with these, or if they are simply an iterative yearly change. This winter will be new wedges, and as of now they will likely be Mizunos. Maybe SM7 will have something great, or at very least lower the price of a new set of SM6.

View attachment 29763

We had some interesting discussions with Austin regarding these wedges and what the next iteration will bring to the table. Can’t say much right now, but when THP has the full thread up, a few of us have some thoughts we can share.

We had some interesting discussions with Austin regarding these wedges and what the next iteration will bring to the table. Can’t say much right now, but when THP has the full thread up, a few of us have some thoughts we can share.

I do look forward to that thread popping up. I'm also curious where they're going to be priced...

I do look forward to that thread popping up. I'm also curious where they're going to be priced...

price was an interesting topic and that's going to be a big reason on how quickly these move or don't move off shelves imo.

I just got this e-mail from Titleist. I'll be curious to see what is new with these, or if they are simply an iterative yearly change. This winter will be new wedges, and as of now they will likely be Mizunos. Maybe SM7 will have something great, or at very least lower the price of a new set of SM6.

View attachment 29763

Attachment doesn't work

I got the same email. I have held off on replacing my SM5's with 6's because of the release of the 7's.

I hope it pays off! My 5's are about doneski!!!

SM7 .... just when I replaced my 48* too with the SM6

sm7.jpg

Can any THP'ers in the know give an indication on when you will be able to post more?

I sure hope the V grind makes the standard rotation. I have not been a fan of the approach of keeping some of the desirable configurations exclusive to wedgeworks just to further improve margins.

Can any THP'ers in the know give an indication on when you will be able to post more?

I sure hope the V grind makes the standard rotation. I have not been a fan of the approach of keeping some of the desirable configurations exclusive to wedgeworks just to further improve margins.

here's the deal: what some of us have heard is grapevine stuff. austin from titleist is not in the wedge department, and honestly answered that he hadn't heard what we had heard. so anything we would say is pure speculation and may or may not be born out once released. so i think we should just wait and see.

regarding sm7 vs sm6 design, we might see some new materials introduced. but from austin at titleist, the sm6 is something titleist is still really excited about. so if you recently bought sm6, there's no hurry to change because it's a damn good wedge.

here's the deal: what some of us have heard is grapevine stuff. austin from titleist is not in the wedge department, and honestly answered that he hadn't heard what we had heard. so anything we would say is pure speculation and may or may not be born out once released. so i think we should just wait and see.

regarding sm7 vs sm6 design, we might see some new materials introduced. but from austin at titleist, the sm6 is something titleist is still really excited about. so if you recently bought sm6, there's no hurry to change because it's a damn good wedge.

I heard all the same stuff about the SM7 and may still pick up an SM6 if my wedge set up changes after how Austin was talking about them.

I heard all the same stuff about the SM7 and may still pick up an SM6 if my wedge set up changes after how Austin was talking about them.

what ?? you didn't like my "Drop & Stop Performance" over the weekend? LOL :act-up:

i never hit any balls with mikeg's sm6, but i made a couple practice swings with the k grind and it seems like exactly what i would need. then watching austin spin the ever-loving crap out of his wedges was like a walking commercial.

In the spirit of having something fun to talk about, I hypothesize the following:

-sm6 remains a current offering.
-sm7 is introduced as a premium wedge above the SM6 featuring forged construction and additional loft/bounce/grind combos that are custom order on the SM6.

this guess is based on nothing other than an overactive brain.

I can't imagine anything better than the SM6's! I hope titleist can do it. I guess I could convince myself to upgrade for a set of raw wedges. I love me some rust

i never hit any balls with mikeg's sm6, but i made a couple practice swings with the k grind and it seems like exactly what i would need. then watching austin spin the ever-loving crap out of his wedges was like a walking commercial.

The SM6 + Prov1x= Spin Monster. If the SM7's are like the 6 line, but with some subtle tweaks that would be dangerous.

They have a new grind coming out called the D grind. Looks a bit like the M grind with the heel/toe relief, but with more bounce towards the front of the club than the M grind, at least from the pictures that I've seen. I'm wondering if it's closer to the "high bounce" M grind or the V grind that are being sold via Wedgeworks. If it's the former, I'm very interested.

The SM6 + Prov1x= Spin Monster. If the SM7's are like the 6 line, but with some subtle tweaks that would be dangerous.

I second this reply, as everyone I play with comments on how soft my wedges land and the bite they have.

Back