Nashville, TN - Anything a must do/see?

If you're from Green Bay, you have to go to the Scoreboard out by the Opryland Hotel. It's been a long awhile since I've been there but it's like mini-Green Bay whenever the Packers are playing. They also have (I hear) great Nashville Hot Chicken as mentioned by others in this thread.

I grew up in the Milwaukee area and have lived all over the place. I've found that many places I've lived or visited have a place where Cheeseheads congregate. If you're ever in NY, NY, go to the Kettle of Fish.

I forgot Blake was from GB. Yeah, Scoreboard is a must see for him. That’s a huge packers bar. Not to mention some darn good hot chicken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll also second what Wade said about Biscuit Love and The Pharmacy. Both great places to eat.

Thanks for starting this thread jdtox, and thanks for the replys guys.

There's a very good chance I'll be making another (and longer) trip to Nashville next spring too. So this will definitely come in handy.

Nashville, TN - Anything a must do/see?

My wife and I try to attend NFL games in different cities once a year and this year we chose Nashville, TN for the Titans vs Bengals on Nov 12. I couldn't find a Tennessee thread so I thought I'd ask here. Neither one of us have ever been, any thing I should make a priority? Places to go, restaurants, bars, etc? Keep in mind we will not have a vehicle so uber will be our friend. We arrive Saturday morning and don't leave till late Monday so we have a little time to explore. Thanks!

I’ll add some things to my original post... I assumed that you might have already researched a lot of the touristy stuff...

Hot Chicken- Scoreboard is a must (don’t go Satan’s Tongue or Hiroshima if you have other plans that day)

Lower Broadway- Tooties or The Stage is best for live music

The Parthenon in Centennial Park is cool

The Grand Ole Opry- If you can get tickets...go. If not take the tour (They will let you sing on the stage)

The Country Music Hall of Fame & Johnny Cash Museum if you are into that sort of thing

Andrew Jackson’s House- The Hermitage is a really good tour

Breakfast- Pancake Pantry or Puckett’s (Expect long lines)

On Lower Broadway there is a place called Brewhouse, go there and have a Bushwacker (You will thank me later- But don’t have more than 2).

Top Golf or a round with E1iterate, Wadesworld, and I... Hope this helps

I’ll add some things to my original post... I assumed that you might have already researched a lot of the touristy stuff...

Hot Chicken- Scoreboard is a must (don’t go Satan’s Tongue or Hiroshima if you have other plans that day)

Lower Broadway- Tooties or The Stage is best for live music

The Parthenon in Centennial Park is cool

The Grand Ole Opry- If you can get tickets...go. If not take the tour (They will let you sing on the stage)

The Country Music Hall of Fame & Johnny Cash Museum if you are into that sort of thing

Andrew Jackson’s House- The Hermitage is a really good tour

Breakfast- Pancake Pantry or Puckett’s (Expect long lines)

On Lower Broadway there is a place called Brewhouse, go there and have a Bushwacker (You will thank me later- But don’t have more than 2).

Top Golf or a round with E1iterate, Wadesworld, and I... Hope this helps

Thanks!

So I talked to the wife, a round of golf is a definite no go haha BUT she said she could handle doing Top Golf Saturday early afternoon? If you guys are available and want to meet up let me know

Wife and I have been to Nashville twice one for CMA Fest. Unfortunately this was pre-THP so one time I played Gaylord Springs and the other The Hermitage - Presidents or I would of def hooked up with E1literate and JDax and any other Nashvilleians. I liked Gaylord Springs the better of the two and I believe they are members there.

First time we watched Merle Haggard at the Ryman Auditorium first night, played Gaylord Springs the next morning and Grand Ol Opry second night with a backstage tour. Ate at Jacks BBQ on the strip and had some drinks and toured Tootsies along with a few other joints. I had read a biography wrote by George Jones and there were a lot of stories about Tootsies he has in his book and it was cool to see all of what I read about. We also took a short drive to his mansion in Franklin but you really couldn't see much because it was sitting way back in the trees and it was gated...naturally.

Second time we went for CMA Fest. This was AWESOME! There were 3-4 stages setup throughout downtown including one on the river front which we went to all three days during the day. You have a concert schedule they pass out and you can see who is playing where throughout the day and bounce around to who you want to see. Then at night the concerts start at LP Field usually seeing 6 groups 5-6 songs a piece.

We also did the Country Music Hall of Fame the first trip and I am a big George Jones fan and was lucky enough to see him 3 months before he passed. When we were going through the Country Music Hall of Fame I really didn't see a lot of George Jones stuff like the others and was really disappointed. Then not to long after that Nancy Jones opened the George Jones Museum and the second time we came to Nashville we went through it. When we were done, we went down to the bar where they sell George Jones "White Lightning" and Nancy Jones was behind the bar serving samples, taking pictures, and signing and wrapping bottles that sold. We got to meet her and I asked her why Georges stuff isn't in the Country Music Hall of Fame and she said "They didn't want his stuff when he was alive, and those sum b*tches aren't going to get it now!"

As most know, George didn't have the best life as a star and if you read his autobiography in his book you will quickly realize the road he went down. CRAZY. With that said, a lot of music stars didn't associate with him much throughout those years and they didn't really ask for his stuff either. When he passed, then they started asking for it and it really didn't set well with Nancy. So instead of them making money off of his stuff, she said piss on it ill open my own! It was a really cool story she told and she signed our bottle of White Lightning that now sits beside my autographed George Jones picture.

Nashville is awesome

I've wanted to do the CMA Fest trip for the last few years. How many days would you anticipate it would take to do all the touristy stuff such as the CMHoF, Opry, barhopping to the famous establishments, etc? Being a fan of beer and live music, I could see myself just spending an entire day or 2 bouncing between the various bars.

Thanks!

So I talked to the wife, a round of golf is a definite no go haha BUT she said she could handle doing Top Golf Saturday early afternoon? If you guys are available and want to meet up let me know

I could swing that I believe. Let me know what time.

Had a blast last night down on Broadway. Not sure if crowds were up because of the predators game or that's normal but so many people down there. We spent a lot of our night at the Whiskey Bent Saloon, the band was really good and the drinks were reasonable, had so much fun. Tonight we do broadway all over again!

Bummer wasn't able to meet up with wadesworld at top golf but big thanks to wade for letting me know there was a 3 hour wait for a bay.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks again for all the recommendations and suggestions. We definitely had a great time in Nashville. We didn't do any touristy stuff, we spend the entire weekend downtown. We did manage to find our way to Biscuit Love for breakfast which was absolutely fantastic and would highly recommend. We also made it to the Scoreboard to try the Nashville hot chicken on our way back to the airport. The chicken was good, I went Satan's Tongue for the hotness level and while it was good I wouldn't go out of my way to go back there.

Bummer wasn't able to meet up with wadesworld at top golf but big thanks to wade for letting me know there was a 3 hour wait for a bay.

Sorry that didn't work out. I guess the newness hasn't worn off TopGolf yet. I expected there to be a wait, but I had no idea it was going to be three hours. If I had, I would have gotten there early and waited and claimed us a bay.

Let us know next time you come to town and we'll definitely play some golf!

Back