Nashville, TN - Anything a must do/see?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
My wife and I try to attend NFL games in different cities once a year and this year we chose Nashville, TN for the Titans vs Bengals on Nov 12. I couldn't find a Tennessee thread so I thought I'd ask here. Neither one of us have ever been, any thing I should make a priority? Places to go, restaurants, bars, etc? Keep in mind we will not have a vehicle so uber will be our friend. We arrive Saturday morning and don't leave till late Monday so we have a little time to explore. Thanks!

Go to Jacks BBQ on Broadway, and then hit the bars all around there. Awesome area. Tons of famous country singers live there and will just randomly pop in there from time to time and get up on stage and start singing. Right across the street from Vanderbilt.

https://jacksbarbque.com/

Round of golf with JDax and I.

Then check out The Scoreboard for some Nashville hot chicken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just simply walking up and down Music Row will be pretty cool. Imagine a Bourbon Street atmosphere but filled with Country and Classic Rock type bands playing with the doors open, so you can here the music before going in. Have only been twice, but it was a fun time both times.

• Admin

Hmmm I'd love too but I hadn't really thought about bringing my clubs, my wife might kill if I even ask haha

Hmmm I'd love too but I hadn't really thought about bringing my clubs, my wife might kill if I even ask haha

Haha!

Seriously check out The Scoreboard for hot chicken. 2nd Ave and Broadway are both great. Tons of stuff to do down there.

E1terate and Jdax have your restaurant stuff down pat. Hit them up for sure.
Definitely have good Nashville Hot Chicken while you are there.

I'll be down there too for a few days at the end of the month.

Nashville has been very high on my places to visit list for a while, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Well, just be ready for a visit to one of the best cities in the country. I love Nashville.

As a tourist, you must experience a stroll down Broadway and be sure to visit a few bars. Broadway is a fun way to spend an evening. There's always live music going. Tin Roof and Tootsie's are my favorites…then there's George Jones' bar (on a side street just off Broadway), which has a rooftop bar/deck that overlooks the Cumberland River and the Titans stadium. Try to take a tour of The Ryman if you have time, too.

Also, the Nashville location of TopGolf opened recently.

Go to the hermitage. And check out pucketts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for the invite Mike....geezz.

My wife and I were just there the first week of October for our honeymoon.

We did all of the tourist stuff; Country Music Hall of Fame, Johnny Cash Museum, Grand Ole Opry performance and backstage tour, Andrew Jackson's Hermitage, Farmers Market, The Parthenon, the Trolley Tour of downtown.

The only thing I regret is not spending more time on Broadway (don't travel with a pregnant woman LOL). I could've sat in Tin Roof all day or any of the other bars. It's something to experience - live music and the atmosphere is just phenomenal. I also didn't try and Hot Chicken and I should have.

Seeing a show at the Opry is great too. I'm not a huge country music fan, but we were lucky enough to see Eric Church's performance after the Vegas stuff happened, and just the way the show runs it's really a neat experience.

Oh and playing golf with E1iterate is great if you have time. One of the coolest guys on the planet and Gaylord Springs is a great course!

While I'm not a Nashvillian, we did just visit there last month, and had a blast.

Puckett's was a fun time. Good food and good live music.
Haven't tried The Scoreboard, but really enjoyed Hattie B's Hot Chicken.
Took a fun tour of Belle Meade plantation
Tour the Grand Ole Opry. Fun, even if you don't like country music

Well, just be ready for a visit to one of the best cities in the country. I love Nashville.

As a tourist, you must experience a stroll down Broadway and be sure to visit a few bars. Broadway is a fun way to spend an evening. There's always live music going. Tin Roof and Tootsie's are my favorites…then there's George Jones' bar (on a side street just off Broadway), which has a rooftop bar/deck that overlooks the Cumberland River and the Titans stadium. Try to take a tour of The Ryman if you have time, too.

Also, the Nashville location of TopGolf opened recently.

TopGolf was the other thing we forgot to do. I think it had just opened the weekend before we got there and it completely slipped my mind. Would've been cool to try it out.

It's Music City for a reason, check out the downtown night life if you like live music. You will not regret it! There really is some fantastic musicians at pretty much every bar you walk by.

It's Music City for a reason, check out the downtown night life if you like live music. You will not regret it! There really is some fantastic musicians at pretty much every bar you walk by.

Oh we plan on spending a lot of time on Broadway just wanted to make sure if there was something I should see I at least know about it lol

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone

Oh we plan on spending a lot of time on Broadway just wanted to make sure if there was something I should see I at least know about it lol

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone

That's a really solid plan! It's my favorite city within driving distance. There's some really solid suggestions so far and you're going to have a blast.

I also agree that The Scoreboard has the best Hot Chicken in Nashville, it's a hole in the wall, dive bar.

Also, you have to have a beer on the roof top patio at Tooties.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jack Daniels tour. My wife and I also really enjoyed Franklin, Tn. Alot of Civil War history there.

Attend a show at The Opry. One of the people we were with was picked to go up onstage for their contest. He didn't win, but he got to stand in the circle onstage!

We enjoyed the food and entertainment on Printers Alley last time we were in Nashville

The Stillery is a really solid restaurant. Great hot chicken and tons of good food options, get reservations though, it’s fairly small.

As a resident, I'll add a few more.

1) If you have time, go check out the Opryland hotel. It has an indoor atrium that has to be seen to be believed.

2) Since you're a sports fan, catch the Preds/Penguins game on November 11th. Even if you're not much of a hockey fan, Bridgestone is an incredible atmosphere that should not be missed, and you'd get to see Crosby, Malkin, Rinne, Johansen, Forsberg, etc, all in one night. Let me know far enough in advance and I'd be happy to go with you. But being from Michigan, aren't you required to be a hockey fan?

3) Golf/Top Golf with me, e1iterate, and JDax.

4) Dinner at any of the restaurants in "The Gulch." Breakfast at "Biscuit Love" or "Pancake Pantry" if you're OK with a long wait standing in the cold.

5) Have a burger/beer at "The Pharmacy" in East Nashville.

I'll be down there too for a few days at the end of the month.

Nashville has been very high on my places to visit list for a while, so I'm really looking forward to it.

If you're from Green Bay, you have to go to the Scoreboard out by the Opryland Hotel. It's been a long awhile since I've been there but it's like mini-Green Bay whenever the Packers are playing. They also have (I hear) great Nashville Hot Chicken as mentioned by others in this thread.

I grew up in the Milwaukee area and have lived all over the place. I've found that many places I've lived or visited have a place where Cheeseheads congregate. If you're ever in NY, NY, go to the Kettle of Fish.

Back