Hit about 20 shots from the bunker last night. I got a new wedge last weekend, the MD3 58* to have a more traditional/normal sized wedge as opposed to the SureOut. Let me say the SureOut is worth every penny for the job it is made for, getting out of the bunker no matter which way you have the club at address.

First few I didn't get out of the bunker and then started messing around with opening the face and taking more of a swing and then closed the face, etc. The results were much like I expected. Some good outs, some barely out of the bunker, and some getting on the green and rolling into the fringe on the other side of the green...

One did stick out, and you wouldn't believe it if you weren't there. I got a little too much ball and it shot out instantly towards the parking lot and I'm like "Oh sh!t," nobody parks on this side of the lot, I guess for this reason, but I smack a tree and it bounces back, hits the rough and rolls onto the green and comes towards me settling in about 10-12 feet from the flag. You could give me 500 shots and that would never happen again.

Back