I miss playing golf with ________?

THP'ers....there are a few that I only see once per year and I value those times very much.

My grandfather. He was one of the most patient and caring people I've ever known. I loved being out on the course with him and my father when I was a kid. Knowing how much he loved his grandchildren, I think he would have been absolutely delighted at seeing his great-grandson starting to love the game too.

THP'ers....there are a few that I only see once per year and I value those times very much.

Same here. So much fun with THP'ers every time I tee it up & there are a few I wish I could tee it up with more frequently.

I miss playing with my uncle Jon (stepmother's brother). He was such an awesome guy and I connected so much better with him than my blood relatives. We lost him to an infection after a second liver transplant due to Crohn's disease (on Christmas Eve/my birthday, no less..Jon, you SOB :angel: ).

I miss never being able to play golf with my maternal grandfather. If it weren't for him I never would have considered ever playing golf, but due to my young age at his passing never got a chance to play with him. I do still carry his 'coin purse' in my golf bag as a remembrance though.

My hardcore gambling golf buddies. Once I got married 10 years ago and had a family I kinda pushed away from that form of golf (slowly). We were all evenly matched so one day you might lose big; but than you might win it all back the next day. I guess I just miss their company and good times

Hard to find a group of golfers that you can really have a lot in common with. Once you leave for an extended time you kinda go your separate ways. Miss those blokes

Ryan Hawk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dad. As I got better, his health for golf got worse. The few rounds I got in with him will always be special.

my grandfather, he got me into the game at the end of the summer of 1971, hit range balls and used the practice green with him and the whiffle balls in the back yard. he lived 4 hours away and we never had the chance to got out and play. he promised me we would play on the course next summer. he passed away that February and I never got the chance to play with him.

my grandfather, he got me into the game at the end of the summer of 1971, hit range balls and used the practice green with him and the whiffle balls in the back yard. he lived 4 hours away and we never had the chance to got out and play. he promised me we would play on the course next summer. he passed away that February and I never got the chance to play with him.

That's gotta sting pop. I couldn't imagine having you get me into the game with only practicing and never getting to get a round in.

I'm lucky as it seems as if most here miss playing with their old man. He's my regular playing partner and who I play with 95% of the time I play and wouldn't have it any other way.

Who I miss playing with? Aaron (Amsmith61) when he still lived in Rochester we played just about every weekend and would regularly meet for a mid week 9 hole or play until dark round. He's a great playing partner and always enjoyed our rounds together.

Also I only got 2 rounds in with him but I miss playing with Trout Bum. Dude is one hell of a golfer, one of the best I've gotten the pleasure to share a round with and an even better person. Not sure I've ever laughed and learned as much as when I played with him.

Really need a round with Freddie where we're either playing for fun or teammates. Loved my round playing against him, but I want to play with him. I want to pick that brain and learn as much as I can.

Miss getting my butt kicked by my grandma too. Of course I have to give her a lot of blows, but I think she was sand bagging on me the last round we played together! Told me she normally shoots XYZ and then goes out and shoots 5 to 10 strokes under that! Next time we play we're playing match play!!

.... my 20 year old back.

My parents. Both are still living but at 80, my father has not played in years for health reasons, and my mother has not played in years either and since her stroke 3 years ago, she no longer remembers anything past, and most days does not know our names.

Take your kids golfing if you can. Those are the greatest memories of my life, and all I have left is the memories.

Back