Apple music / Beats 1

I'm Apple biased. After reading this thread I just signed up for the 3 month trial. Should be interesting. Hotel rooms, camping and at home. I'll give this a good trial. Thx boys. THP keeps rockin it with info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure you read some of the reviews. It may keep you from headaches in setting up and losing music. There are literally hundreds of articles out there that talk about it.

My experience has been good thus far but I don't have music on my phone that was already owned to potentially use. My wife did, and those playlists/music are working fine.

I've primarily just created new playlists and added to them in addition to using the radio function.

I am not a streaming music aficionado so Beats Music means nothing to me really but the new Music app is a little busy. Getting to your music and playlists can be a bit more of a hassle now and took (is taking) a little getting used to. I just think they tried to cram too much into one app/interface.

But I'll live.

Make sure you read some of the reviews. It may keep you from headaches in setting up and losing music. There are literally hundreds of articles out there that talk about it.

I will thanks.
I played around with it last night for a couple of hours. Worked well but the true test will be just what you are referring to. Im going to give it a real run over my trial and I'll post my thoughts for guys here if they're interested.
The true test will be the offline stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will thanks.
I played around with it last night for a couple of hours. Worked well but the true test will be just what you are referring to. Im going to give it a real run over my trial and I'll post my thoughts for guys here if they're interested.
The true test will be the offline stuff.

Rusty,
This is on Yahoo right now. I think its a bit dramatic, but does explain a few things.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-music-mess-alienating-companys-142341961.html

I have been happy with Pandora ... but I am at that age were I listen to the "classics" a lot ... and those those seem readily available on Pandora.

I tried iheartradio, but I guess I could not figure it out correctly as the experience seem to be slow and filled with more add that the free Pandora.

It's Apple, so I expect them to get it straightened out, but it's pretty messy right now considering how many great options currently exist.

I expect them to get it right also. They normally do.

Thankfully Apple Music knows that so many issues were present in the launch and their new update is out. From what the reviewers have been saying, it fixes a lot of the issues, but some still plague the usability.

Thankfully Apple Music knows that so many issues were present in the launch and their new update is out. From what the reviewers have been saying, it fixes a lot of the issues, but some still plague the usability.

Yeah, at the end of the day iTunes is still iTunes - it's turned into a catch-all for both music and phone-related functionality. But the performance of Apple Music is definitely better - less waiting for streams. I haven't had many of the other issues that have been brought up, so I can't speak to the fixes there.

The thing I like most about Apple music vs. the others is that mixing subscription and purchased music works great on the phone. I can add something to my library, make it available offline, and listen to it in the car without streaming, and make playlists containing both types of songs. I can't say I'd prefer the service if I didn't have all apple devices - then I'd probably use google music or whatever Microsoft is calling their service these days (Groove?).

Yeah, at the end of the day iTunes is still iTunes - it's turned into a catch-all for both music and phone-related functionality. But the performance of Apple Music is definitely better - less waiting for streams. I haven't had many of the other issues that have been brought up, so I can't speak to the fixes there.

The thing I like most about Apple music vs. the others is that mixing subscription and purchased music works great on the phone. I can add something to my library, make it available offline, and listen to it in the car without streaming, and make playlists containing both types of songs. I can't say I'd prefer the service if I didn't have all apple devices - then I'd probably use google music or whatever Microsoft is calling their service these days (Groove?).

If they fix it, it will be a great winner for them. People losing thousands of paid songs however is not good. Any other company and people are not saying "wait for a fix" but going apeshit on them.

If they fix it, it will be a great winner for them. People losing thousands of paid songs however is not good. Any other company and people are not saying "wait for a fix" but going apeshit on them.

I'll have to check with my friend, who did run into that issue. From what I saw on a facebook post, I think whatever issue with that was worked out - he seemed happy. And he's not a die hard apple person, so doesn't necessarily have the blinders on.

It's a shame apple is SO bad at services. Great hardware, and the software largely is good, but from a web service standpoint everything they touch turns to crap.

I'll have to check with my friend, who did run into that issue. From what I saw on a facebook post, I think whatever issue with that was worked out - he seemed happy. And he's not a die hard apple person, so doesn't necessarily have the blinders on.

It's a shame apple is SO bad at services. Great hardware, and the software largely is good, but from a web service standpoint everything they touch turns to crap.

Agreed completely. The hardware performs well enough, the software is decent and the UI is probably the best out there. The services are so bad early on. It scares me for their pay TV launch, but that is for a different place. As a shareholder and user, I want them to get it rectified, although in this instance, I dont use music, so I am safe.

Considered it, but can't figure out a reason why it would be worth moving from Spotify Premium.

one thing I am not a fan of is that when I tell Siri to "Shuffle Zac Brown Band" I get a streaming playlist for ZBB and not the ZBB songs on my phone. A minor annoyance to me. I expect that to go away when my 3 month trial is over.

I do like the suggested playlists, for the most part they are filled with songs I really enjoy.

one thing I am not a fan of is that when I tell Siri to "Shuffle Zac Brown Band" I get a streaming playlist for ZBB and not the ZBB songs on my phone. A minor annoyance to me. I expect that to go away when my 3 month trial is over.

I do like the suggested playlists, for the most part they are filled with songs I really enjoy.

Thats actually one of the issues that a lot of people have complained about.

Apple Music exec Ian Rogers stepped down today.
I have a feeling some major changes are coming.

I'm still in the free trial, and I'm not sure how sold on it I am. When connected to wifi at home, it's super easy to search for a song or artist, create playlists, play music...easy peasy. Then when I try to download (make available offline) playlists, I never seem to have enough available memory on my phone. Boo. Using cellular data to stream Apple Music has been harder than my second sophomore year of college; and opening iTunes on my computer and trying to listen to the playlists I created "on the cloud" stops after 1 or 2 songs. Gun to my head today, I'm going with Spotify Premium.

I have Apple Music, Beats, and 9,000+ songs downloaded and organized into playlists of my own making. I use all 3 but obviously fall back on my own playlists when cellular service issues make streaming impossible. At home I still also use Pandora but am using Apple Music more and more.

So far not overly impressed. I like the radio thing and the ability to listen to whatever music I want HOWEVER my devices don't sink and my playlists are all F'ed up with several songs missing. Not going to keep subscribed if they don't fix this.

Ok besides the playlists not syncing between my devices I am enjoying this. I love tuning into apple radio and listening to the classic hip hop station and enjoying songs I've missed in the last 20 years. I'm confident they will get the glitches out and for the radio thing alone I will probably subscribe.

Back