Cold Weather - No Golf - How Do You Cope?

I keep on playing. We only have a few weeks where the courses close due to cold or occasional snow, so for the most part I don't have to give it up for months on end.

If I lived in a colder climate though, I'd probably find a heated range and/or indoor range/sim place and hit those up frequently. And live vicariously through southerners on THP haha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Lots of THP, travel to play golf when I can, and let the wife know how nice it is down south every chance I get.

Hit down in my basement ot keep some sort of swing going.
Try and look into where THP people are playing or even plan a trip down south to play.
Dive into football big time but try and play when its nice

I thankfully get my fix in because I travel a ton for work and often bring the clubs along for "moral support". You learn quickly the adage " North in the summer, south in the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the temp (with wind chill) is over 45 and there's no snow or ice on the ground I'll go play. Under 45, no way. My hands don't like the cold and it hurts for a few days if I hit balls when it's under 45 or so.

It definitely sucks. I absolutely hate snow and cold so I just have to shut down for 4-5 months. Football takes over for me but if I had the choice, I'd take year round golf.

I highly doubt we stay here long term or move back after dental school. My wife is dead set on living somewhere warm so hopefully I see year round golf at some point.

In the winter, I THP a LOT. I also club ho, A LOT.

I'll play putting games in my living room, hit the sim a few times a month, and will swing indoors, usually in slow motion or just doing things like working on my takeaway only.

I haven't traveled, I don't know how feasible that might be for me. I remember my grandparents leaving on January 2nd though to drive to Myrtle Beach every year when I was younger though, they'd head down and golf daily until they came back in mid-March or so.

Last edited:
Some of all of the options in the OP. I can hit half shots into the curtains at the front window with wiffle balls and my 6i so sometimes I'll do that. There's a lot of putting in the living room and trying to chip the wiffle balls onto the chair as well.

I'm dreaming of snow in the mountains and of having rounds being rained out....

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

Back