Metal Music fans \m/

I really liked that prog song.

The other, you can have that

That whole release is pretty darn good. Two bucks for eight songs is a pretty good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm old school.

My favorites are:

I try to listen to the new stuff and I do like some of it. But only the "rare" cases when they actually sing, or better yet, don't sing at all. I can not stand Screamo. Sometimes I will turn over the the Liqud Metal Station and hear a great sounding song start with a huge, killer riff! then the "singer" starts screaming and I turn it off.

As for good old fashioned hard rock I am really into The Pretty Reckless right now.

Agree 100%with blu, that innerspace song is AMAZING. Where do I spend 2 bucks to get 8 songs that good?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Right there at their Bandcamp page. Digital download of that whole EP is only $2.

They followed me on Twitter not that long ago, and their strategy worked - I listened to the EP and immediately bought it :)

I've been listening to a lot of death metal lately mainly Kataklysm and Nile since they both have had or will have a new release shortly and some Decapitated. Also been listening to a lot of Sabaton.

I've been listening to a lot of death metal lately mainly Kataklysm and Nile since they both have had or will have a new release shortly and some Decapitated. Also been listening to a lot of Sabaton.
Big Decapitated fan! I enjoy Nile just because Kollias is one of my all time favorite drummers but I don't listen to them that often. I've been into the really heavy stuff for awhile now when I'm not listening to funk or reggae lol pm me and we can talk. I don't want to offend anyone with band / song names lol sad as that is

I get the occasional look when I wear my aborted shirt.

Absolutely. You and I have a lot of bands in common. A quick sample of the metal on my iPod:

Anthrax
Another Mask
Alestorm
Between the Buried And Me
Coheed & Cambria
Daylight Dies
Death Angel
The Demonstration
Earth Crisis
Fates Warning
Hammersmyth
In Flames
Iron Maiden
Killswitch Engage
Metallica (nothing past ...AJFA)
Ne Obliviscaris
Nerve End
The Omega Experiment
Pantera
Periphery
Protest the Hero
The Scorpions
S.O.D
Tesseract
Textures
Theocracy
Times of Grace
Underoath
Vanisher

No Cannibal Corpse?

Big Decapitated fan! I enjoy Nile just because Kollias is one of my all time favorite drummers but I don't listen to them that often. I've been into the really heavy stuff for awhile now when I'm not listening to funk or reggae lol pm me and we can talk. I don't want to offend anyone with band / song names lol sad as that is
Kolias is a god but you can't beat Derek Roddy playing with Hate Eternal!

Kolias is a god but you can't beat Derek Roddy playing with Hate Eternal!
Roddy is good but Chason Westmoreland does just as good of a job with them. He's an animal, not that I'm comparing really tho cuz it's not a competition. Each has their own flare and is awesome

Dream Theater is one of my all time favs.

One of the best concerts I ever saw was Dream Theater on their Fix for '96 tour. The show was in the middle of a blizzard so hardly anyone was there, my friend and I stood 10 feet from the front of the stage, and just had our jaws on the floor the entire show watching them play a bunch of unreleased songs.

I feel so at home in this thread haha

I popped in Come Clarity (In Flames) the other day, and it was better than I remember. The newer stuff sometimes doesn't do it for me from them, but that album is solid.

waynestatic.jpg

RIP

I feel so at home in this thread haha

I popped in Come Clarity (In Flames) the other day, and it was better than I remember. The newer stuff sometimes doesn't do it for me from them, but that album is solid.

I'm all about Colony and Clayman. Clayman has pretty much the holy grail of high gain guitar tone.

I'm all about Colony and Clayman. Clayman has pretty much the holy grail of high gain guitar tone.

Agree, those early albums are freaking incredible. Though I will say, the holy grail of metal guitar tone for me has to be every single note that Per Nilsson from Scar Symmetry has ever played. He is un freaking believable.

Listened to the new Ramming Speed release, its good.

Agree, those early albums are freaking incredible. Though I will say, the holy grail of metal guitar tone for me has to be every single note that Per Nilsson from Scar Symmetry has ever played. He is un freaking believable.

Per is a friend of mine and I agree...totally awesome! Will be interesting to hear his solo album that I believe is in the works (although right now he is producing another friend of mine´s new record as well as I guess writing for next Scar album, so I am not sure when it will come out).

I am more of an old school fan myself. Queensryche, Iron Maiden and Nocturnal Rites are some of my favourites as well of 80´s-early 90´s Black Sabbath (yes, I am one of the few that absolutely love the Tony Martin era)

My favorite releases of 2015 (so far):

The Black Dhalia Murder: Abysmal
Nile: What Should Not Be Unearthed
Hate Eternal: Infernus
Symphony X: Underworld
Fear Factory: Genexus

My favorite releases of 2015 (so far):

The Black Dhalia Murder: Abysmal
Nile: What Should Not Be Unearthed
Hate Eternal: Infernus
Symphony X: Underworld
Fear Factory: Genexus

In what's rare with the metal community, I agree though limiting it to five so far is tough.

Got the new Cattle Decapitation and Stratovarius releases. I plan on listening then on my flight today. I listened to bits and both sound good, just completely different genres.

I have been listening to a lot of 'Dio' recently! Great band. Proper metal!

Old man metal haha

Freaking bad ASS metal haha

FIFY :D

Dio is AWESOME. I haven't listened to him in a while, I think it's time. This may send me on an 80's metal kick...and I'm OK with that!

FIFY :D

Dio is AWESOME. I haven't listened to him in a while, I think it's time. This may send me on an 80's metal kick...and I'm OK with that!
Nothing wrong with that Grandpa.

Back