Unexpected finish to my golf season.

Glad you are ok. Hope for a speedy recovery

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sorry this happened to you. Thankfully it wasn't any more severe even though this is bad enough it could have been much worse.

Put it in a positive light, you now have more time to chat on the THP forums.:banana:

I do have to congratulate you on your nicely trimmed toe nails.

HAHAHA, the day before I was looking at them and debating whether to cut or leave them as I only had 10 days or so left at work. My wife hates long toe nails, so I'd sent her a photo and she said "If they get longer you won't be able to walk", we laughed about that on Wednesday evening when she flew out to where I work.

Man glad you're ok. That could have ended much worse based on the pictures. This everyone is why you get short term disability insurance if your job offers it. My golf season this year has come to an end early because my wife is on bed rest due to pregnancy issues and she opted out of short term disability at work because she was young and healthy. No pay check, no golf.

I still struggle with the whole having to pay for medical care and insurance thing, but thats a whole different subject. Growing up in the UK where health care is pretty much free, you take for granted Doctors, Ambulances, Hospitals etc etc. Fortunately the company I work for provide a pretty comprehensive insurance and I also pay for my own and my families. My family policy has already paid back the cost after my Grand daughter spent 3 days and 2 nights in hospital earlier this year. I'd rather skip a few luxuries than be without medical insurance now.

Had a slight altercation with a large 4 wheel drive Toyota Land Cruiser on Sunday evening. He decided that red lights should be ignored whilst driving as fast as possible. As I pulled out to turn right he smashed into me, I have no memory of what happened only eye witness accounts to the Police. Almost 47 years old and this was my first ever accident. Please wear seatbelts no matter how short a drive or how slow a drive, I was lucky to walk away from this.

I've now finished this year at 13.3 which considering in July I was around a 18 with a goal of obtaining 13 by the end of December I'm quite pleased with. I am not sure how long I'll be sidelined for, my left leg has a couple of fractures just below the knee, which fortunately was not damaged. Im in a cast from the top of my left thigh down to my toes. The Dr reckons 12 weeks approximately in a cast, then I'll probably need time to build up the muscle and make sure the fractures have correctly healed before putting to much weight onto my left leg. On a positive note, I'll now be home for Christmas and my step daughter and grand daughter's birthdays as I am looking at 18 weeks off work.

Think a PS4 will be required.
e0ac36fce2912dc550ce035fdfbdae52.jpg

9d48dc44ac112e6c98f2053858d142ed.jpg

e65bf85b052c88f8ccd1bf257cdd0436.jpg
Offt that's a sore one glad your OK very lucky guy indeed, hope your back on your feet soon

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

You are lucky. I was hit by a drunk driver and suffered a severe Traumatic brain Injury and multiple spinal fractures. By the grace of God and 10 years of rehab I am back practicing medicine in a limited way, palying golf, although with a great deal of back pain, and alive. Hang in there, be thankful you are alive, and live life to the fullest. I only share this to help you know there is always hope and keep the faith.

Wow! Hope you heal up well, man. 8 years ago i broke my right leg and ankle, and spent 3 months in a wheelchair, so i know what you’re going through and it sucks but it will pass and just be a memory before long. Take care of yourself and then you can get back to that 13!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are lucky. I was hit by a drunk driver and suffered a severe Traumatic brain Injury and multiple spinal fractures. By the grace of God and 10 years of rehab I am back practicing medicine in a limited way, palying golf, although with a great deal of back pain, and alive. Hang in there, be thankful you are alive, and live life to the fullest. I only share this to help you know there is always hope and keep the faith.

Wow, Im so sorry to hear that. A couple of fractures pales into insignificance after reading that.

That really sucks but glad to hear you will be alright. Could have turned out much worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear this. Hope you are in good spirits! Glad you will be around family for the holidays

Wow! Seeing the pictures of the car, I am glad you weren't hurt more then you were. Rest up and get healthy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Holy smokes. Glad you’re okay. This happens far too many times. Glad your injuries aren’t worse than they are.

Side note: love the wording used at the beginning. “Slight altercation”

Damn. You’ve got the right mindset, could be much worse than it is and you escaped with your life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7 weeks ago I had reconstructive surgery and a bone graft on my left knee as a result of that accident. Today I walked un aided for the first time. My left knee still doesn’t have full bend but it’s definitely improving on a daily basis.
My orthopaedic surgeon allowed 100% weight to be put on it 3days ago. The physiotherapist had me on a exercise bike Thursday afternoon which was sore to say the least. Off for another PT session this morning. Being able to work and golf are my targets by the end of this month. Happy new year.

7 weeks ago I had reconstructive surgery and a bone graft on my left knee as a result of that accident. Today I walked un aided for the first time. My left knee still doesn’t have full bend but it’s definitely improving on a daily basis.
My orthopaedic surgeon allowed 100% weight to be put on it 3days ago. The physiotherapist had me on a exercise bike Thursday afternoon which was sore to say the least. Off for another PT session this morning. Being able to work and golf are my targets by the end of this month. Happy new year.

Glad to hear you are healing! Don't push too hard though just keep doing what they tell you and we will all keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So glad you weren't hurt worse given the damage. Take care and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Wishing you a full recovery in 2018

Back