Unexpected finish to my golf season.

garethw

Reaction score
Handicap
Had a slight altercation with a large 4 wheel drive Toyota Land Cruiser on Sunday evening. He decided that red lights should be ignored whilst driving as fast as possible. As I pulled out to turn right he smashed into me, I have no memory of what happened only eye witness accounts to the Police. Almost 47 years old and this was my first ever accident. Please wear seatbelts no matter how short a drive or how slow a drive, I was lucky to walk away from this.

I've now finished this year at 13.3 which considering in July I was around a 18 with a goal of obtaining 13 by the end of December I'm quite pleased with. I am not sure how long I'll be sidelined for, my left leg has a couple of fractures just below the knee, which fortunately was not damaged. Im in a cast from the top of my left thigh down to my toes. The Dr reckons 12 weeks approximately in a cast, then I'll probably need time to build up the muscle and make sure the fractures have correctly healed before putting to much weight onto my left leg. On a positive note, I'll now be home for Christmas and my step daughter and grand daughter's birthdays as I am looking at 18 weeks off work.

Think a PS4 will be required.
e0ac36fce2912dc550ce035fdfbdae52.jpg

9d48dc44ac112e6c98f2053858d142ed.jpg

e65bf85b052c88f8ccd1bf257cdd0436.jpg

Wow!!! Glad it wasn't worse. Make the best of your time with family and prayers for you .

Ouch, take it easy and hope you heal well

That is a lot of damage to the car and I think you have been lucky to get out with just the injuries you have - if you had been further into his path you would have taken the full impact on the drivers door looking at those pictures, and I don't want to think about the result of that

That is terrible. Glad you escaped with just the injuries you did. Far too many jack wagons out on the roads that think traffic laws don't apply to them.

Glad you made it out alive based on those pictures. Too many people in a hurry with no respect for other people!!!

What really scares me is the amount of young children you see over here jumping around inside cars.

Another couple of seconds I don’t think I’d be typing this. It’s actually quite scary how fragile a life can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. It's great that you recognize your [relative] good fortune and I commend you for your attitude!

Holy Chit! Heal up. All things considered you came out okay.

Scary stuff. Glad your ok. Heal up fast and enjoy the time with family

Damn man, that is a serious accident. Glad you weren't hurt more than you were, good luck on the recovery.

Horrible! I wish you a speedy recovery. I love how you found a positive in this tragedy. 18 weeks off from work could be a positive life change. Try to enjoy your time with family.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Awful crash garethw, thank God you made it out of it relatively OK. A poor lost soul wasn't as fortunate when I played Sunday. He lost control and left the interstate and slammed 10 feet up into a huge pine next to our 7th green. Airborne at least 50 yards to carry the road and fence surrounding the course. Sounds like you are looking at it the right way. Enjoy that extra family time and we'll spot you the extra 0.3 on your handicap.

Holy. Crap. So happy to hear you're still with us after seeing those pics.

Very glad to see you made it out of that one. Like you said, matter of seconds...pretty crazy

Wow, that is scary!!

So glad you're 'walking' away from this one my good man! Looks like minor injuries compared to what could have been. WOW.

That really, really could have turned out differently. You could have been talking about golf (or life) being over forever. So glad it's something you're going to be able to come back from.

I'm very glad it was as limited as an injury as it was. That is very frightening to see. Heal up well, and remember to listen to the doctor's instruction.

Good to see it wasn't worse! If you need something to improve your golf while you are recovering read any of the many golf mental game books. Those books alone are good for lowering handicap at least 3 or 4 points.

I got from double to single digit handicap just by imagining how to play golf through the winter after reading some books. No practice, just picturing myself, my tempo, and my process. Once I hit the course in the spring I had a string of personal bests and never looked back.

That really, really could have turned out differently. You could have been talking about golf (or life) being over forever. So glad it's something you're going to be able to come back from.

Yes, glad you are on the way to recovery! If that car would have hit the drivers door it could have been fatal. I'm in the collision repair industry and have seen thousands of totaled vehicles like yours up close which makes my biggest fear having one of my kids getting in a car wreck.

Holy crap man! I'm glad you weren't injured even worse but that stills sucks. Good luck with the recovery!

Had a slight altercation with a large 4 wheel drive Toyota Land Cruiser on Sunday evening. He decided that red lights should be ignored whilst driving as fast as possible. As I pulled out to turn right he smashed into me, I have no memory of what happened only eye witness accounts to the Police. Almost 47 years old and this was my first ever accident. Please wear seatbelts no matter how short a drive or how slow a drive, I was lucky to walk away from this.

I've now finished this year at 13.3 which considering in July I was around a 18 with a goal of obtaining 13 by the end of December I'm quite pleased with. I am not sure how long I'll be sidelined for, my left leg has a couple of fractures just below the knee, which fortunately was not damaged. Im in a cast from the top of my left thigh down to my toes. The Dr reckons 12 weeks approximately in a cast, then I'll probably need time to build up the muscle and make sure the fractures have correctly healed before putting to much weight onto my left leg. On a positive note, I'll now be home for Christmas and my step daughter and grand daughter's birthdays as I am looking at 18 weeks off work.

Think a PS4 will be required.

Garethw.....man so glad to hear your ok. If you want a PS4 friend DM me and I will give you my gamertag.

Best wishes and hope you get better soon. That was a nasty hit.

I do have to congratulate you on your nicely trimmed toe nails.

Awful what happened man, hope you heal up quick!

Man glad you're ok. That could have ended much worse based on the pictures. This everyone is why you get short term disability insurance if your job offers it. My golf season this year has come to an end early because my wife is on bed rest due to pregnancy issues and she opted out of short term disability at work because she was young and healthy. No pay check, no golf.

Back