The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at that dual threat qb for Michigan

Great throw ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No catch

84 you had one job!

Minnesota can't stop the run, not a good thing to be bad at in our division.

Ahhhh cambell!

He straight up NCAA football 13 himed therw.

You have to catch that.

Watching a little of Utah right now, the helmets are kind of cool.

Peppers just got ran over .

Ooooohhhhhh luhcky

No Good!

Yea I'm not watching the halftime report mark may can go stick his head in the ground.

Let's see how many jabs may randomly throws in the halftime show.

Last year Minnesota had 5 turnovers and TCU scored 20 points off of them and Minnesota still held them to their lowest score of the year. This year TCU has 7 points off of turnovers and Minnesota gave away a sure TD on their end and its 10-3.

Michigan is in trouble. Utes score again.

Last year Minnesota had 5 turnovers and TCU scored 20 points off of them and Minnesota still held them to their lowest score of the year. This year TCU has 7 points off of turnovers and Minnesota gave away a sure TD on their end and its 10-3.
They should stop doing that.

69-6 Tech wins. Looks like almost everything you would want out of a game like this. Maybe a couple of minor injuries, otherwise perfect.

My weekly contribution:

No. 7 Gorillas Open Season With 38-14 Road Win Over RiverHawks

TAHLEQUAH, Okla. – Seventh-ranked Pittsburg State University scored on each of its first two offensive plays and jumped out to a quick 21-0 lead over Northeastern State University, before settling for a 38-14 season opening victory Thursday (Sept. 3).

Freshman transfer quarterback John Roderique, Jr. scored on a 39-yard touchdown scamper on the first play of the game. Marquise Cushon set up the play with a 47-yard kickoff return into RiverHawk territory.

After a quick three-and-out by the Pitt State defense, Cushon popped a 38-yard punt return and an NSU personal foul – one of several in the contest – set up the Gorillas at the NSU 36. Roderique again broke loose on a zone option play to make it a 14-0 game 60 seconds into the contest.

Michael Rose added a seven-yard touchdown run for a 21-0 Pitt State advantage with 5:40 to play in the opening period.

NSU countered with a 47-yard touchdown pass from Kevin Pantastico to running back Joel Rockmore two minutes later. The RiverHawks got the ball back and had a chance to slice further into the Pitt State lead, but the Gorillas' Dino Teague intercepted Pantastico in the end zone to halt the threat.

Roderique led the Gorillas 92 yards in seven plays late in the first half, punctuating the drive with a five-yard touchdown run for a 28-7 halftime advantage.

Rose, who rushed for a game-high 127 yards, added a second score – on a 23-yard jaunt – late in the third quarter for the Gorillas and Chad Levin booted a 26-yard field goal with 10:39 to play for the game's final points.

Roderique rushed for 91 net yards – he was sacked three times in the game. He also completed 10 of 16 passes for 122 yards. Levi Copelin caught four passes for a team-leading 51 yards.

Pantastico was 20 of 44 passing for 275 yards and two touchdowns with two interceptions for NSU, which dropped its 12[SUP]th[/SUP] straight game dating back to 2014. Rockmore carried the ball 17 times for 92 yards.

Spencer Brown made a team-leading six tackles and the Gorilla defense registered five quarterback sacks in the contest.

Pitt State posted its 10[SUP]th[/SUP] straight season-opening road victory, dating back to the 1997 season as well as its 10[SUP]th[/SUP] consecutive season-opening win overall (2006-15). The Gorillas will make their home debut next Saturday (Sept. 12) when they host MIAA rival Lindenwood University at 7 p.m. at Brandenburg Field/Carnie Smith Stadium.

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/news/2015/9/3/FB_0903152424.aspx

Heck of a catch for the UM TD.

Well that was an OK catch

Wow. And that Utah guy is a captain? Not setting a very good example for the rest of the team

Damn I missed it

The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Damn I missed it

Utah had Mich at 4th and long, and their captain linebacker smacks the QB high out of bounds and get a personal foul and auto first down. Michigan very next play throws a 25 yard pass down the middle and the TE makes a great catch in the end zone for a TD.

That same captain hit a Michigan guy while he was trying to get up after the play earlier in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back