The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Soccer balls, golf style? Yeah they're pretty cool and fun, these some good chatter about them too on the forum.

This though is THE GRANDADDY OF EM ALL, the absolute pinnacle in amateur golf as far as I'm concerned. All expenses paid, Cali, Callaway, 9 fellow THPers, 14 clubs, swag, THE EFFIN HIDEAWAY, the #ZooCrew, making new friends, making new memories, and nothing EVER being the same for you when it comes to golf.

Yeah, that's right, #TheGrandaddy will once again warp minds.

Cannot freaking wait.

WE. WANT. THAT. BELT.

Definitely jealous of those who have been selected so far. By my count, still 5 more spots left with one of those coming from the Gauntlet. I am anxiously awaiting the announcement of the 3rd contest!

Definitely jealous of those who have been selected so far. By my count, still 5 more spots left with one of those coming from the Gauntlet. I am anxiously awaiting the announcement of the 3rd contest!
6 more if you include the #MVP from #TheGauntlet.

Lots of chances left for as incredible as this event is!

6 more if you include the #MVP from #TheGauntlet.

Lots of chances left for as incredible as this event is!

Even better! Thanks

Ton of talk around this event with alumni in Michigan this weekend and this is firmly on the radar, just hope luck and the fates are on my side.

Soccer balls, golf style? Yeah they're pretty cool and fun, these some good chatter about them too on the forum.

This though is THE GRANDADDY OF EM ALL, the absolute pinnacle in amateur golf as far as I'm concerned. All expenses paid, Cali, Callaway, 9 fellow THPers, 14 clubs, swag, THE EFFIN HIDEAWAY, the #ZooCrew, making new friends, making new memories, and nothing EVER being the same for you when it comes to golf.

Yeah, that's right, #TheGrandaddy will once again warp minds.

Cannot freaking wait.

WE. WANT. THAT. BELT.
My bad, JMan. Wasn't trying to derail...

On a side note... I could not sleep last night... and this beast is still 3 months away!!

On a side note... I could not sleep last night... and this beast is still 3 months away!!
From what I remember reading in the live and recap threads, wait till the week of regarding lack of sleep.

Has contest 3 kicked off yet? Can't find a thread on it

My sleep patterns have resumed to normal after a week. But the dreams are much more pleasant thinking of the granddaddy

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Previous #Grandaddy participants.... Two questions...
1. What surprised you most about the event?
2. How has it changed golf for you?

1. The level of respect golfers from all walks of life have for each other. It doesnt matter where you came from or who you are or are not. Golf is the equalizer and as soon as the peg goes in the ground, the fun begins.

2. Every course I play gets compared to The Hideaway. Every round I play, I look down at that logo on my bag and smile. The equipment is incredible. I talk about it constantly and reviewed the heck out of it after the event. I was proud of that bag and the people I played with and against.

1) The talent of the team at Callaway Golf to pull off a fitting and subsequent club building all in the same day. Just incredible what they are able to (and are willing to) achieve for very very lucky THP members

2) Courses and amenities that I thought were "very nice" all now seem to pale greatly in comparison to what I was fortunate enough to experience at The Hideaway. It's such a special place and words or photos will never do it justice.

I want to Challenge all of the members and future members of #TEAMREDEMPTION to walk with your heads held high and filled with filled with confidence. Don't worrk about your perceived handicap. Don't worry about, 'what if we fail', "are the guys going to like me', 'what if my game does not show up'. Put all that CRAP out of your heads.

You have a goal, come together as a team with Jman and the full force of THP behind you. As team you will conquer what you set out to conquer. There is no course that can contain you. There is no opponent that can beat you. Those that venture to CA for the belt, will find that belt. If you WORK as one unit, you will hold and bring that belt home.

#TEAMREDEMPTION 10 men with a common goal and singular focus!! WE BELIEVE IN YOU!

1. How excited everyone from Callaway was to be involved in the event. Not just the ZooCrew, but the R&D folks, their club fitters and tour department that fit and built our clubs, the travel liaison that nailed everything from flights, to hotels, to car service, and even Roger Cleveland was genuinely happy and excited to be around to wedgeucate us Hackers.

2. This is hard for me to answer. I think still today, NINE MONTHS later, I still haven't processed what happened.

great questions! I love reading the answers so far.

1. Knowing it was going to be awesome, I was amazed at how every detail was executed with perfection. Also, that the ZooCrew were as pumped up about the event as we were! They also really wanted to get to know us, very cool for sure.

2. Playing the nicest course I'll ever get to play, sure now I draw comparisons to the hideaway. I appreciate golf a lot more, I don't get to play a lot right now, but I replay those rounds at the hideaway often in memory.

I want to Challenge all of the members and future members of #TEAMREDEMPTION to walk with your heads held high and filled with filled with confidence. Don't worrk about your perceived handicap. Don't worry about, 'what if we fail', "are the guys going to like me', 'what if my game does not show up'. Put all that CRAP out of your heads.

You have a goal, come together as a team with Jman and the full force of THP behind you. As team you will conquer what you set out to conquer. There is no course that can contain you. There is no opponent that can beat you. Those that venture to CA for the belt, will find that belt. If you WORK as one unit, you will hold and bring that belt home.

#TEAMREDEMPTION 10 men with a common goal and singular focus!! WE BELIEVE IN YOU!
Now that got me fired up. I can not wait for this event and if I am fortunate enough to go I will play my heart out to bring THP a victory. If not I will do everything I can to support my THP brothers.

So what kind of Grandaddy prep should Jeremy, Tony and myself put Ryan through this weekend??????

So what kind of Grandaddy prep should Jeremy, Tony and myself put Ryan through this weekend??????
Honestly, hole bets. Something small $2 a hole. But enough to put some pressure on. Factor in handicaps. If you wanted to get squirrelly, have him pair up and have the opposing team team get to choose which tee shot to use. Make it a "worst ball" type scramble.

Worst ball is awesome.... When I used to get out on the course in the later evenings.... I'd play a one man scramble...but I'd use the worst shot of each of the two I'd hit from each spot. It was a lot of fun and gave me confidence that I can play from anywhere good or bad.....

Honestly, hole bets. Something small $2 a hole. But enough to put some pressure on. Factor in handicaps. If you wanted to get squirrelly, have him pair up and have the opposing team team get to choose which tee shot to use. Make it a "worst ball" type scramble.

Im not sure who those people are, but I would say...
Fitness. The entire 3-4 days is a tiring process if one is not ready for it.

Im not sure who those people are, but I would say...
Fitness. The entire 3-4 days is a tiring process if one is not ready for it.

Rambler, Mulligan, Neb and myself are playing 3 days in a row. Hopefully that will put a bit of focus on fitness! We'll have to come up with some fun formats for Friday and Saturday.

1. I was most surprised by how much the entire ZooCrew and other Callaway employees seemed to truly enjoy the time spent with us THP'ers at meals and at the course. They were all so welcoming and really just wanted us to have the times of our lives, they did anything it took to make that happen.

2. It reinforced for me that golf is a game and we should all have fun whether its a competitive round or a quick 9 with a buddy.

Also my standards for course conditioning have went up... Every time I see I divot on a course it reminds me that I saw exactly one at the Hideaway. The one I saw at the Hideaway collected one of my layup shots, my caddie got an earful! Unbelievable!!! Then we both proceeded to laugh our butts off.

Back