Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
Hardback or soft suitcases

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Soft case, remove any heads you can from the shafts, place them inside their headcovers and you are good. Place the shafts adapters down and if you are inclined to do so, get a stiff arm.

i remove the heads from my clubs and travel with a soft case, never had an issue with club damage.

Soft case, remove any heads you can from the shafts, place them inside their headcovers and you are good. Place the shafts adapters down and if you are inclined to do so, get a stiff arm.

i remove the heads from my clubs and travel with a soft case, never had an issue with club damage.
I should have clarified for clothes not clubs. The club advice though is greatly appreciated

I used both options and have a strong preference for soft side suitcases. Length of trip doesn't matter.

Soft case for me

SKB if you value your clubs. As for clothes. It's soft and carry on only b

I've always used a hard case (for golf as well). I do a lot of OCONUS travel and a hard case can be wrapped to protect anyone from going into it. Plus TSA is just hard on luggage in general.

Soft sided, makes for easier packing and transport in rental vehicles.

Suitcases? Never had hard sided ones and usually can get most into our overhead. If it gets worn out just get new stuff

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Soft. Briggs & Riley.

Soft. I have Ogio and Oakley, both hold up well.

I've had both and after not being able to fit the hard case in the vehicle, soft case is the way to go.

100,000 miles+ per year with clothes and clubs. Clothes are always in anything Tumi. Just switched to a hard set, but I don't think they're any better than the old softies. It's a little more comforting to watch the hard case tossed around by baggage handlers whilst you sit helpless on the plane.

Luggage is like shoes or a mattress. Don't cheap out, and no matter what you choose, you'll be fine.

As for clubs, mine have flown around the globe in soft bags (don't even own a club glove,) and I've never had a single problem. I did try an SKB at one point, but loading it into a rental car proved tricky, so I abandoned it.

Hardback all day! Gives me that extra piece of mind!

We have had more hard cases damaged than soft so I would always go soft now

The only concern would be if you have any glass bottles/items in the case, but we have never had any issues just by wrapping anything like that in clothes and trying to ensure they have clothes packed around them well

Soft, with the advanced fabrics and craftsmanship, you can’t go wrong.

Back