Toe impact on clubs

mquinton1

Reaction score
Handicap
I have consistently been hitting about an inch out towards the toe with my irons. Any idea why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could be anything honestly. Are you standing too far away from the ball?

I have consistently been hitting about an inch out towards the toe with my irons. Any idea why?

I was having this problem a couple of months ago. Problem stemmed from coming over the top. Take a look at your swing from behind (on video) and also from perpendicular to the ball (camera at ball level facing you head on.) That's how I figured out out. Worked out the swing kink, and now have a lot of nice center strikes.

Could be anything honestly. Are you standing too far away from the ball?

Don't think that has changed. I've been working on not getting caught inside and not being closed at the top. Maybe just give it some time

Swing mechanics or lie angle would be my guess.

I work on several things, this included by setting 2 long tees far enough apart for the club head to swing through and a third with the top just at the top of the grass. I then practice swinging through and taking out the middle tee without touching the others or taking too much divot. Easy to tell how I am impacting where the ball would sit during my swing and make adjustments. Plus I can do it in the yard and even at night with just a little light. Might help you out a bit as well.

Line the ball up on the hosel and then when you swing you'll hit the middle of the club face. Sometimes you have to compensate for your swing and make it work.

Took some video, and did some research. I was turning to quick ahead of my arms. Over the top. I saw a video on here, can't find it again, referring to the move Trevino used, starting the turn with a slight hip or zipper push to 10:30. Wish I could find it again.
No more toe hits just a smash feeling and 10 more yards with each iron. I am coming back aft r a seven year layoff and this sight helped me greatly.

I fought toe hits on my irons for about half of this season. For me, my left & right hand grip had gotten too strong. When I neutralized my hands and put the grip more in my fingers, I was able hit the center again. Of course, this is probably a fix specific for my current swing mechanics.

Back