Bushnell Tour X Rangefinder Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread will serve as host for reviews of the Bushnell Tour X laser rangefinder. You can see the THP TV preview of the device here.

Looking forward to this. Been eyeing an upgrade to my bushnell v2

I'm looking forward to putting this rangefinder into play. I've never practiced with the slope lense. I am curious how much variance the "plays as" and the standard laser are.

With the competition lense and the slope lense both included with the unit, the case is huge compared to the Tour V3.

dd728b2028fba8a4fd9f536e764503a1.jpg

The ability to switch between red and black display is nice, especially for players like me who are most familiar with the Tour V3 and its black display.

Looking forward to the reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recieved the TourX for review over the weekend. Thank you THP and Bushnell for this opportunity.
Here are a few pics that show the unit pretty well.
A345792B-8B1F-4DB1-BF87-653372652DD2_zps82rspjux.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20EE7BB2-55D6-4615-8F45-5B670A8EAE39_zpsaowjpn1o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
9247F189-BAE3-414E-94CB-151568958D09_zpsbzrtylmk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
F6677A23-5E7C-4414-B771-81B84B3B5377_zpshpgpeva2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
8A8CDC0B-325C-4782-B40E-C3545721A346_zpsvl9ohu0i.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
85A9C381-FB78-40D8-A645-367EE9529735_zpswfnjsotd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

if anyone has questions feel free to let us know.

My initial thoughts on this unit.

its very comfortable to hold and use this unit. The size is about perfect for my hands. With the indentation it helps me stabilize the unit when shooting distances.

Jolt technology is a huge factor for me that I had never experienced. It increases the confidence factor that I've actually targeted the pin. Having never used that technology prior to this its a nice feature to have.

this unit has a dim factor built in. At high power the display is black, when you start to use the dimmed feature the display turns red. With 4 different pre-set features it's easy to find a level that's comfortable to your eye.

Sounds good Kevin. I'd love to give it a try in October to see how much more Confidence inspiring the Jolt technology is.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Admin
I absolutely love this unit. It is the best laser I have used to date, in a number of different areas.
Having both red and blask displays is something I thought was overkill, until I had the unit. Depending on sun and brightness, I find myself changing it multiple times a round with just the flick of a switch.
The focus on the top is the easiest I have ever used on a laser. Some of them are really tough and a pain due to location, but this is a joy.
Speed is the fastest I have used I think, it sounds stupid, but locking on something, getting the confirmation via Jolt and all with in a second is easier.

Really liking what I'm seeing with this unit, the DDT along with the slope/non-slope. Just watched the THP TV bit on it as well. Took me a few minutes to see what the electronic port was but I finally figured that it was for the slope changing functionality.

Very sharp looking unit!!

I absolutely love my TourX, and don't go a round without using it. It's quick to get yardages, locks onto the pin really quickly, and it's really just a piece of cake to use.

The only part that gets old is the focus ring on top tends to move around on me a little bit and I find myself having to refocus it a couple times a round. It's not a huge deal, just bothersome at times.

It says a great deal about the unit when I'm frustrated over 2 seconds of focusing, because I know I could have had my yardage in the same amount of time.

I wish my Bushnell now would stop working so I could justify this to the wife lol. Look forward to hearing more about this.

Great initial thoughts. Definitely like the ability of changing displays with this unit.

Kind of a no brainer to upgrade from the Tour V3.

I look forward to the feedback on this range finder. I am in the market for one.

Bushnell Tour X Rangefinder Review Thread

I agree with JB on the ease of focusing this unit. With my previous unit it was hard to turn the adjustment. With the Tour X it's large enough for my fingers, and it has ridges so those of us with fingers that are larger, or don't have the mobility we once had, movement of the focus adjustment is quite easy.

I can't really speak to to speed of the unit, cause without the jolt technology was quite the endeavor.

But I've noticed that I'm able to pick up carry yardages must quicker than before.

So this little ergonomic indent may be the biggest first impression of this rangefinder

e6db2186f0dd3777d538e1ba2dded988.jpg

It crandles the hand so nicely.

a996a5dab68231670f7f2b5b1137fa9e.jpg

Love the pics and good initial thoughts, looking forward to the on course feedback.

A little disappointed that is the case they are using for it. I have that case for my V3 and the zipper broke, looking forward to reading more and also reading about the case durability.

Great initial thoughts. Definitely like the ability of changing displays with this unit.

Kind of a no brainer to upgrade from the Tour V3.

It is an upgrade over the V3, but I'm not sure it completely obsoletes the V3. The Tour X is a more complete unit. No dispute there. But the amount of added benefits compared to the V3+Slope, the Tour X is a easily justifiable purchase.
Love the pics and good initial thoughts, looking forward to the on course feedback.

A little disappointed that is the case they are using for it. I have that case for my V3 and the zipper broke, looking forward to reading more and also reading about the case durability.
I think the V3 case will fit the Tour X, but the added Slope Lense (or competition legal lense) fits in the case with the unit. It makes it easy to "not forget" the lense you want for the day.

I absolutely love this unit. It is the best laser I have used to date, in a number of different areas.
Having both red and blask displays is something I thought was overkill, until I had the unit. Depending on sun and brightness, I find myself changing it multiple times a round with just the flick of a switch.
The focus on the top is the easiest I have ever used on a laser. Some of them are really tough and a pain due to location, but this is a joy.
Speed is the fastest I have used I think, it sounds stupid, but locking on something, getting the confirmation via Jolt and all with in a second is easier.
So what exactly are the dfferent uses for the Red and Black, sorry if I missed that, is one with slope and the other without, making one (guessing the black) conforming to USGA?

So what exactly are the dfferent uses for the Red and Black, sorry if I missed that, is one with slope and the other without, making one (guessing the black) conforming to USGA?

Its really an eyesight thing. For instance I like the red in grayer or darker conditions. I like the black in bright sunlight. The ability to change with the flick of a switch is something I am kind of shocked nobody else came out with years ago. Its so simple and makes so much sense. I guess kind of like Jolt. Both features just work.

The X is my first rangefinder and it's simply fantastic. A lot of the courses around me are hilly and the slope feature is pure gold for me. Im also at just how fast and how easy it is to lock onto flags and get yardages, it takes like 3 seconds haha. There's been a few times I've knocked mine out of focus but with the adjustment wheel it's so damn easy to get it back again, I really liked that.

The red lense is Slope. Black lense is competition legal. The red and black displays are just that, different colored displays.

Its really an eyesight thing. For instance I like the red in grayer or darker conditions. I like the black in bright sunlight. The ability to change with the flick of a switch is something I am kind of shocked nobody else came out with years ago. Its so simple and makes so much sense. I guess kind of like Jolt. Both features just work.
Thanks...I'll really be interested in hearing T2GRN18's thoughts on the eyesight part, as we both wear glasses, on some previous range finders they were a bit cumbersome to use with glasses. Doesn't sound like initially he had any problem.

The red lense is Slope. Black lense is competition legal. The red and black displays are just that, different colored displays.

I realize now CAA was interested in the connectors, rather than the red and black display.

Back