Looking For Testers: Titleist Golf Balls

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the golfers just like you. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, hybrids, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

T%20Balls-M.jpg

The Balls
The DT TruSoft is the lowest compression golf ball Titleist makes. Redesigned with a new core and a new cover delivering longer distance on all shots. It’s the softest feeling Titleist and provides superior distance through low spin on long shots and increased short game spin for stopping power on the green.

Criteria
THP will select 8 THPers to join a couple of Forum Leaders
You must be a THP Forum Member
You must be active on the THP community

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the balls out and update the review thread with feedback on your findings. This is community testing and will need updates for an extended period of time (about a month). Remember the only THP rules are honest feedback and the commitment to the review period. If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out one of the many review threads to see how others have fared.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions and be specific.

1. What golf ball do you normally play?
2. What do you look for in your golf ball?
3. Have you tried TruSoft golf balls previously?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here. This THP Forum Testing is open to anybody that is a forum member. If you are a 2017 or 2018 Albatross Club member, shipping of the gear is free of charge, if you are not, you can still participate, but if chosen there could be shipping charges that apply. For information on the 2017 membership, that is open to anybody, click here.

Last edited:
1. What golf ball do you normally play? Bridgestone e6
2. What do you look for in your golf ball? I look for soild distance but some feel around the green
3. Have you tried TruSoft golf balls previously? No i have not tried these balls in the past.

Thanks for the chance to see how they might work with my game!

1. What golf ball do you normally play?
A)Oncore Avant

2. What do you look for in your golf ball?
A) I look for a ball that feels soft off the driver (more like I can feel it crushing against the face vs just bouncing off it). I also like a soft feel off my putter face without "clicky" sound.

3. Have you tried TruSoft golf balls previously?
A) I have never hit a TruSoft

I'd be interested in testing these. With winter right around the corner and the fact that I will be playing golf in the upper 30's soon, I would like to switch to a softer ball with all around solid performance.

1. What golf ball do you normally play? Snell MTB, Srixon Qstar Tour
2. What do you look for in your golf ball? Spin around the greens and less spin off the tee.
3. Have you tried TruSoft golf balls previously? I don't believe so, I may have found and hit one, but I never purchased them.

Thanks THP.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Nice. Thanks for the opportunity.

1. What golf ball do you normally play? Titleist X-Outs ... when they are available.
2. What do you look for in your golf ball? Feel. If it sounds and feels like a rock off the clubface, there is a definite psychological impact on my game.
3. Have you tried TruSoft golf balls previously? Yes, tried a sleeve last year.

Yes please a good ball for the colder months.
1. Prov1
2. Soft feel off all clubs, good trajectory, drop and stop performance
3. No

Thanks for the opportunity

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tried them a couple of times in the past and didn't like them so I will pass, but will be interested to see what other people think of them

1. What golf ball do you normally play? Wilson DUO

2. What do you look for in your golf ball? I prefer the low compression balls

3. Have you tried TruSoft golf balls previously? No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, look at that, more Titleist involvement with the forum. Excellent!

1. What golf ball do you normally play? Callaway Chrome Soft X
2. What do you look for in your golf ball? Durability, great feel off the putter, increased driver distance
3. Have you tried TruSoft golf balls previously? Yes, just a trial sleeve

1. Titleist AVX

2. Low to mid trajectory off of irons, high spin around green, soft feel off of putter.

3. I have never played the DT TrueSoft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1. Normally play the Callaway SuperSoft

2. The biggest thing I look for is something with lower side spin. I’ll give up a bit of stopping power if the flight is slightly straighter.

3. I have used the previous version numerous times. If I’ve had a few bad rounds with my normal ball and am looking for a spark to change things, these are the balls I gravitate towards.

1. I usually play the Srixon Q star tour.
2. I look for a ball that provides good distance and decent spin around the greens at a good price.
3. I have not tried the TruSoft golf ball previously.

love that THP has another testing opportunity! I will stay out of this one since I am busy with the Duo Optix but good luck to everyone else!

I love these balls, although haven't tried the newest edition yet. Last ones were great though. Good luck to all who get selected!

1. What golf ball do you normally play? DT True Soft

2. What do you look for in your golf ball? I look for soild distance but some feel around the green

3. Have you tried TruSoft golf balls previously? Yes but not the new ones.

1. Q-star
2. I like a ball that has good feel around the greens
3. I have not tried them before

1. What golf ball do you normally play? Srixon Soft Feel Yellow

2. What do you look for in your golf ball? Soft Feel, low compression, higher flight.

3. Have you tried TruSoft golf balls previously? I have not.

1. What golf ball do you normally play? As of late it has been the Cut Grey or the DT TrueSoft.

2. What do you look for in your golf ball? A soft feel, good distance of the tee and irons with limited amount of side spin and a ball that will respond for me on wedges and greenside.

3. Have you tried TruSoft golf balls previously? I have.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1. Tp5x
2. Higher trajectory, controllable spin & feel
3. No.

I play the TP5X
I am looking for distance but control.
I’ve never tried the TruSoft but they are on the list to try.

I am already testing the Wilson Duo so I am not going to put my hat in the ring for this one but will be interested in hearing the results from the testers. Good luck all

I play Bridgestone B330-RX

I look for control

I have never tried the Trusoft but would love to try.

I play Pro V or ChromeSoft
Look for soft feel compression
Have not played this Titleist DT, but I do have one in the bag I found in the rough, but have not gamed yet

1. Right now I'm trying out the Vice sample pack. The Tour Soft are my favorite so far.
2. Ball with good distance off the tee and spin for around the greens. I prefer the softer, almost rough feel.
3. No I have not, but I'd love to!

Back