Favorite Course You Played This Year

Not much travelling this year, so my pick is pretty boring - Brickyard Crossing for me.it has been a fun year learning the course and has easily made me a better golfer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

To pick just one is difficult I played a lot of great courses. For the pure layout, design and conditions I'll say The Rise in Vernon BC. Played with Army and loved it. I will be back next year.

3-way tie between Falconhead in the Gauntlet (cause it was my 1st THP event & it was awesome), Sea Island (Such a special place, vacationed w/the fam growing up for many years but just now got to play it) and Wilshire CC (because it was private, and in the heart of BH, California & a part of winning the Cleveland/Srixon trip in February.)

FH:
bf71768d4457a632d149ae0802638f8d.jpg

SICC:
7510c37a4c0b24a6ff5a566512240b81.jpg

WCC:
2b9dfdfd4aca8cbe90b085d96988a762.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say Oceans Edge. It was a great weekend with THP'ers on a fantastic golf course

For me it's a toss-up between Ocean's Edge and The Ranch. With Red-Tail being close behind. The theme is constant throughout all my favorite rounds this year, a great time with THP'ers.

Ko Olina Golf Club on Oahu. It was in such great shape. Not a real gimmicky course. Straight forward, a bunch of water, and a bunch of sand.
307169492f613bd1dd893e470a83b7f9.jpg
0816fc61671f2f3c7eabea2bc69c7415.jpg
aa07e11e95dd51a424d5cb9ddd7bffc7.jpg
a4961dc05fb587184b509cc096ca6ca4.jpg

Has to be Falconhead for the Gauntlet because of the great company and the HOF tag I picked up there. :D Actually it had one of the coolest signature holes I've come across where half the green hangs out over a water hazard. Pretty intimidating tee shot on that par 3.

A close second was Brickyard Crossing that I got to play during the Indy outing, that's such a unique setup course and a really fun layout that was in phenomenal condition. I got to hang out and play with some awesome THP'ers at that outing also!

Shadow Creek in LV - played it three times this year.

Tie between Essex County Club (north of Boston) and Piping Rock Club (Long Island).

probably the watson at reunion. it was in really good shape and it’s a fun layout. playing with thp’ers made it that much better.

Highland Meadows

Stonelick Hills in Ohio with my boys Canadan and Kanger. Place was pure.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It's popular in this thread, and for good reason. The Patriot Club.

The story behind it, the foundation that goes along side it, and finally the reason we were there.

Forest Hills was a great track as well, but couldn't top TPC.

The Old Course. The course, the tradition and the group.
e5a4426ccac70c267fe9f52d18258606.jpg

Mammoth Dunes with none other than Lord Byron. David Mclay Kidd at his best. Great to see the progress and what’s to come.

Deacon's Lodge near Brainerd Minnesota a couple hours north of Minneapolis. It carries a 73.9/148 slope rating at under 7,000 yards from the tips. It's definitely a course that makes you hit every club in your bag. I've played all the top rated courses in Minnesota and Wisconsin and other than the obvious world class courses like Whistling Straits, this is easily one of the best, and most fun, scenic courses I've played.

12_at_Deacons_Lodge_big.jpg

deacons4.jpg

Last edited:
Pine Valley for me. I actually thought I was going to be underwhelmed when I first played it, but ended up enjoying it immensely. The course evokes everything you'd want from a round. I was fortunate enough to play it a handful of times this season and learned/enjoyed more from each round.

Honestly, this season was more than I could ever expect in terms of playing courses on my bucket list. NGLA, Merion, Garden City, Prairie Dunes, etc.; most if not all of these courses are what clinched my interest in GCA and being able to play so many of them in a season was awesome. So beyond PV, they're all honorable mentions.

Definitely Tobacco Road. Just a fun, fantastic course.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Without question my favorite course this year was True Blue in Myrtle Beach SC. I only get to play this gem once a year with my golfing buddies, and it never disappoints. There are several other notable courses in the Myrtle area, but for me this one that always draws me back in the spring to kick-off a new golf season.

Pelican hill, the views just made it unreal.

Colonial heritage. It's an Arthur Hills layout. Lots of elevation change, well bunkered, perfectly manicured. It was voted best in VA in 2015 and 2016. In fact, I'm playing it again tomorrow with a couple of THP'ers.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Rivers Edge in Shallotte, NC.

Shot my personal best, course was in great shape and the views were AWESOME!
Love that course as well. My bro lives right around there and we play here and cape fear as well. The views are awesome. 18 is a great finish. 17 isn't bad either

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

I enjoyed playing Dubs at Cog Hill but it was way above my skill level. I think my favorite was actually Prairie Landing in West Chicago for the practice round. Had a great round with Will and Shane and was only off a little bit.

Mammoth Dunes with none other than Lord Byron. David Mclay Kidd at his best. Great to see the progress and what’s to come.

How was the full 18 @ Mammoth? I played when only 6 holes were open and we LOVED it.

Back