Favorite Course You Played This Year

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The title says it all. What is your favorite course you played this year and why?

Torrey Pines North

So many views on that course that are beautiful and for a course that is public like that one it’s very well kept. So much fun.

I know a lot would ask why not the South Course but aside from Tiger and the history the better views are on the North Course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Event though the posting season here is over, I'm forced to say T.B.D. :D

Without a doubt it was East Lake. Great experience!

Jack's Point in New Zealand because it was breathtakingly beautiful with the design of the course paired with the incredible backdrops

UM6ZJcV.jpg

u2eWhkV.jpg

SmYoYZo.jpg

sNuZHop.jpg

Patriot Club and it's not even close.

Have a round next week over at Innisbrook, that'll likely be my favorite round of the year since a THP event wasn't in the cards. Next year, I feel that will change a couple of times.

I didn't get to do a lot of traveling that allowed me to play golf this year, so my favorite course for 2017 would be Sugartree in Weatherford, Texas. Absolute gem in the middle of nowhere!!

As for the why -- aside from it being in great condition all the time, the course has character and reminds me of golf courses down in Austin. It uses the lay of the land and seems "natural" rather than the typical "course laid down first and than build up the land around it" approach.

Damn edit. Waialae country club. Home of the Sony open.

Seneca Hickory Stick. We weathered some crazy Western NY conditions but it was a lot of fun with THPers. I'd love to play that again when it's not wet and cold.

I haven't played many "nice" courses this year, so pretty easy for me to pick...

There are a couple at the top of my list, this year. First, TPC Vegas was a lot of fun, spending time with both THPers and W/S folks. Add to that taking #StaffProto irons on their maiden voyage, and a trial-by-fire at that? I also am learning to love desert courses more as time passes, and who can argue against the views of the mountains.

My other choice would be the Watson course at Reunion. I had never had the opportunity to play any of the Reunion courses, and the Watson was by far my favorite, in design and in conditions. Again, a lot of fun playing rounds with THPers.

Wow! breathtaking

For me it was Cog Hill (Dubs course). First THP event, awesome course, and a great experience.

Hesston Golf Course, shot in the 70's 2 times this year on that course.

Seneca Hickory Stick. We weathered some crazy Western NY conditions but it was a lot of fun with THPers. I'd love to play that again when it's not wet and cold.

What he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mammoth Dunes. Even though there was only 6 holes open when we played, we absolutely LOVED it. As good as Sand Valley is (would be my #2 course this year), I think Mammoth Dunes is even better. Additionally, I'd throw in Black Sheep as my #3 course I played in 2017.

I didn't do a lot of traveling this year, but I've got to say its the Waston course at Reunion we just played for the Titleist Ultimate Club Testing. I'd really like a crack at that course again without the wind and adjusting to new irons. Everyone was right about how crazy the 9th hole was. 100 bunkers, and can't see a one of them from the green.

Sandpiper in Santa Barbara is my choice.

dc1e3880df13a1993f526a1c9c89b5a3.jpg

Even though I only started playing seriously this year and have a whopping 5 courses under my belt, Pennsauken Country Club was my favorite. The day was perfect and the course was just beautiful.

I enjoyed it mostly because of the company, but also because of how well it was maintained and how it was so enjoyable, even for a high handicapper like me. Just an all around perfect day and memorable time.

Last edited:
Favorite Course You Played This Year

Easily The Patriot Club. The course was such an awesome setup and in pristine shape. Throw in the fact that it's a absolutely great story behind the purpose of the course and it's hard to beat.

0921d60675ef942fc9d9e6dda9659e21.jpg

Maybe my favorite course I have ever played: Lahinch.

Easily The Patriot Club. The course was such an awesome setup and in pristine shape. Throw in the fact that it's a absolutely great story behind the purpose of the course and it's hard to beat.

0921d60675ef942fc9d9e6dda9659e21.jpg
If I hadn't traveled across the pond it would have been easily this. In fact, Patriot was the first thing that popped in my head then I had to do a double take and reconsider.

Right now it's a tie between Torrey Pines and the Watson course at Reunion.

Wow! High praise for my home course. Nice.

Edited my post. Forgot about Waialae. But man loved this course. Those greens are to die for. If not for Waialae cinnabar would me choice.

Back