Wilson C300 Driver

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
The C300 Driver is Wilson’s newest entry, available in January 2018. You can see that the Power Holes incorporated in the crown and sole as well as three interchangeable weights in the sole to better tune ball flight. The adjustable hosel provides for loft adjustments and most striking is the Deep Red matte finish. We got an early look at #THPStaffProto and I personally played in for 36 holes and I can tell you, this thing is a winner. The sound and feel is a true change versus previous Wilson driver releases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there some red in the tint of that head or is that just the photo?

That color is reallllly nice. Interesting. Will have to see how it stacks up to the G400 and whatever Callaway has lurking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That colour is right up my alley. What lofts does this come in?

That color is reallllly nice. Interesting. Will have to see how it stacks up to the G400 and whatever Callaway has lurking.

I believe fupresti plays a g400 so he should be able to give a really good comparison to the two

That colour is right up my alley. What lofts does this come in?

I dont know, but I would venture 9, 10.5, etc.
It can go 1 degree down and up to 2 up to help dial it in.

So it's interesting, the two companies I thought failed to figure out sound (and feel) were Ping and Wilson. Both have figured it out. I have played the G400 since launch and love it. I played the C300 for 2 rounds in Vegas and it was better then the G400 for me personally. It was more forgiving bar none (for me) than the G400 and sounds absolutely great. And this was playing it in different loft and shaft configuration then I am used to.

I think if you can get over the Power Holes (they disappear after about 2 swings) then you should absolutely give it a shot.

That is a killer looking driver head. I kind of like how the Power Holes help with alignment. Looking forward to some feedback on this one.

So it's interesting, the two companies I thought failed to figure out sound (and feel) were Ping and Wilson. Both have figured it out. I have played the G400 since launch and love it. I played the C300 for 2 rounds in Vegas and it was better then the G400 for me personally. It was more forgiving bar none (for me) than the G400 and sounds absolutely great. And this was playing it in different loft and shaft configuration then I am used to.

I think if you can get over the Power Holes (they disappear after about 2 swings) then you should absolutely give it a shot.

Damn. Thanks for the feedback. What shaft and loft combo did you play it with? Will for sure give it a hit.

I found that the busy head of the G400 disappeared quickly too. Love that driver, but I don’t take your thoughts lightly!

Thanks!

would love to see a pic of the crown without a big shadow, at least I am assuming that's a shadow and now a funky faded design.

And both made really good drivers.
I hit them almost dead similar in terms of launch, spin, distance and ball speed. THat is a good thing as both worked quite well for me.

The design does have fade to it. Its subtle and looks pretty darn good.

Last edited:
I didn't think I'd move away from Cobra but ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. Thanks for the feedback. What shaft and loft combo did you play it with? Will for sure give it a hit.

I found that the busy head of the G400 disappeared quickly too. Love that driver, but I don’t take your thoughts lightly!

Thanks!

Now what I was playing was not production so by no means is it indicative of what is schedule for release, but I demo'd a 9* model with a EvenFlow Blue 75 gram shaft.

Wow! I'm actually really impressed by this one. Not at all what I was expecting and I'm gonna have to try one out at some point for sure, I'm interested in the tech aspect of the "Power Holes" also.

The funny thing about the Power Holes is they did a great job of framing the ball during setup. It was almost like having a sight line from a putter on the head.

Wow! I'm actually really impressed by this one. Not at all what I was expecting and I'm gonna have to try one out at some point for sure, I'm interested in the tech aspect of the "Power Holes" also.

The way it was explained was similar to the irons. Allows the face to generate higher ball speeds.

I always thought that they should go back to the Deep Red color on the crown. This driver looks fantastic! Not a fan of the Power Holes name but I can easily look over that. I definitely want to give this driver a shot in 2018.

The funny thing about the Power Holes is they did a great job of framing the ball during setup. It was almost like having a sight line from a putter on the head.

The way it was explained was similar to the irons. Allows the face to generate higher ball speeds.

Thanks fup! That's kind of what I was thinking when you talk about them framing the ball well, it's very well done aesthetically. Compared to some crowns it's really rather tame.

So kind of just a flex face for the driver, makes a lot of sense. It also tells me they really believe in the tech too!

Deep matte red that fades to darker.

Looked so good in the innovation center - cannot wait to hit this one.

Is there offset to it?

Fupy, are you in posession of 1 of the drivers? Plans on doing side by side vs the G400?

Back