21 Day Fix Thread

TheCrest4

#UrbanLumberJack
Reaction score
Handicap
I know that we have the weight loss and workout threads but this is a little more specific to this program/plan.

The wife and I just started this past Monday and while it takes a little planning and preparation it is a really great program. Just want to see if anyone else has had experience with the plan. We can use this to share recipes and successes.

Ive done it for the past 2 weeks or so, nice little program. Have also taken the shakeology shake twice now I believe.

I just went back to Insanity to get back to burning more calories but my wife will be staying with the 21 day program

I know that we have the weight loss and workout threads but this is a little more specific to this program/plan.

The wife and I just started this past Monday and while it takes a little planning and preparation it is a really great program. Just want to see if anyone else has had experience with the plan. We can use this to share recipes and successes.

My wife had good results with this plan.

I / we are currently doing the program called Hammer and Chisel which is a great combo of weights (mostly dumb bell) and the girl from 21 Day Fix in a combo program with the same meal plan, mostly. I like this better and would suggest that as your next option if you want to continue after this current one you are doing. It's for 60 days though, six days a week of workouts, none longer than about 35 minutes, and a few days you'll also do/add 10 minute abs.

Ive done it for the past 2 weeks or so, nice little program. Have also taken the shakeology shake twice now I believe.

I just went back to Insanity to get back to burning more calories but my wife will be staying with the 21 day program

Nice, yeah I had one of the shakeology and it was ok. I just love how easy it is to portion and when you think about how much it really is and it scares me to think how large my portions were before haha

the GF did this last year with really good results. Too much meal prep and stuff for me to stick to that part of it, but the workouts are effective.

Crazy but on this program and even modified I am down 8 pounds.

I have always wondered about this plan. I loved the idea of portion control, but feared I would quit because I got lazy with the portioning out of food. I look forward to hearing your feedback and results.

I have always wondered about this plan. I loved the idea of portion control, but feared I would quit because I got lazy with the portioning out of food. I look forward to hearing your feedback and results.

I felt exactly the same way about the portioning it does take a little practice. We really have had to be diligent about planning and making sure we had enough for the next day. We are hoping to get a head start on the next week this weekend.

There are some really great recipes out there which have made things a little easier.

Good luck dude.

One of the things that helps with portioning out food is to have a cook day during the week like on Sunday where you cook all/most of your food for the week then just grab each meal when it's time to eat. Saves time during the week and helps stay on track.

there are some good programs on beachbody.com. I have heard from some friends who tried this and stayed on corm2-3 cycles to lose the weight they wanted. I did focus t25 last year and lost roughly 25lbs.

For what its worth i have been doing beachbody prorgrams for many years and love them. The fix is a awesome program. I currently am doing the new hammer/chisel which has Autumn as one of the instructors. Shes legit.

Just stick to the portion cups and push play and the results will come

Wife and I made spaghetti squash lasagne for dinner it was damn good.

3a518203b5984a4f79bc82ad0fbcb02a.jpg

We are looking forward to trying some of the other recipes I found tomorrow

Exactly one year ago I did the 21 day fix program. But with our vow renewal a month away I want to start a new program. Not sure if I'm going to start 21 day fix or go with the new chisel and hammer beach body program. I've gotten away from the whole program but what was great about the 21 day fix was that it taught me portion control. Need to get back on it. My wife still drinks the shakes daily.

Zucchini bake

7aae47824dbbdddb793c43ee61157188.jpg

Mexican casserole for dinner

b639f5a390b2697b8969d60d3722a50c.jpg

Mexican casserole for dinner

b639f5a390b2697b8969d60d3722a50c.jpg

This looks promising. You probably cooked it on your grill just to get that loving feeling back.

Another delicious looking meal. Are those chips in there or tortillas?
It was supposed to be tortillas but we forgot to get them so we used hard taco shells from Trader Joe's. Worked out nicely

This looks promising. You probably cooked it on your grill just to get that loving feeling back.
Haha I could grill there is no more snow on the ground but this was made in the oven.

Dinner tonight. Chicken, red pepper, onions and quinoa with a little Pico de Gallo to top it off. So easy and pretty tasty

393987ede2415ac1a6b979426e0e535b.jpg

Starting our 12th day and I am down 12 pounds and really happy about it. I just feel so much better. I am only about 10 or so more pounds away from my initial goal before we started. The easy portions and simple to follow requirements have made this journey so much easier. I play on still using the portion containers after the 21 days are over.

Starting our 12th day and I am down 12 pounds and really happy about it. I just feel so much better. I am only about 10 or so more pounds away from my initial goal before we started. The easy portions and simple to follow requirements have made this journey so much easier. I play on still using the portion containers after the 21 days are over.

Wow, that's impressive! And it seems like you have enjoyed the food too?

Are they recipes you will keep in regular rotation?

Nice work Crest!

This really peaked my interest now. The meals look good, now to get the wife and kids on board. That's the tough part because making two different meals would nip this plan quickly for me.

Wow, that's impressive! And it seems like you have enjoyed the food too?

Are they recipes you will keep in regular rotation?

Thanks. Well that's the thing is the food can be really what you want within some reasonable guidelines. They really have made it simple IMO.

As far as the recipes go we have made a Mexican Casserole and the Spaghetti Squash lasagna and they were so easy to make. We also portioned them out for the week so we could take them for lunches or have them for dinner. We plan on exploring a few more recipes this weekend.

Back