The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
8886a3ebed8026f3c18145dcb7987595.jpg

That made me lol.

*sigh*

My grandpa died in 2003. Before that, he and my grandma had been together for over 50 years. They were inseparable except for the times he was at work. When he died, my grandma went off the deep end, but as with any old Italian woman, she's going to wind up living forever. My whole immediate family (my mom, dad, sister and her family, me with mine) went to spend Easter with her and at lunch she did nothing but sit there and not eat. Didn't talk much, or engage with anybody for the five or so hours we were there.

Last week she decided she wanted to die and stopped eating. They took her to the hospital but the doctors said that for a woman in her 90's she was in great physical condition. She said she would kill herself if they wouldn't let her die, so they drugged her up and put her in a psych ward.

Today I got word that they moved her to a nursing home. This is a move that is going to suck by all stretches of the imagination. Given the option of an assisted living (where she was) and a nursing home, I'd take assisted living every single time. I know she misses my grandpa ... hell, so do I even after all this time, and I won't even try to imagine what it's like to have someone you've loved for 50 years die. However, life does go on. I can't imagine living almost a decade and a half wishing I was dead. What a mess.

Sorry to hear deuce. Unfortunately, going through almost the exact same scenario right now with the girlfriend's grandmother, but add dementia on top of it. Been an extremely stressful 7-8 months on the family. Wishing all the best for your grandmother and your family.

*sigh*

My grandpa died in 2003. Before that, he and my grandma had been together for over 50 years. They were inseparable except for the times he was at work. When he died, my grandma went off the deep end, but as with any old Italian woman, she's going to wind up living forever. My whole immediate family (my mom, dad, sister and her family, me with mine) went to spend Easter with her and at lunch she did nothing but sit there and not eat. Didn't talk much, or engage with anybody for the five or so hours we were there.

Last week she decided she wanted to die and stopped eating. They took her to the hospital but the doctors said that for a woman in her 90's she was in great physical condition. She said she would kill herself if they wouldn't let her die, so they drugged her up and put her in a psych ward.

Today I got word that they moved her to a nursing home. This is a move that is going to suck by all stretches of the imagination. Given the option of an assisted living (where she was) and a nursing home, I'd take assisted living every single time. I know she misses my grandpa ... hell, so do I even after all this time, and I won't even try to imagine what it's like to have someone you've loved for 50 years die. However, life does go on. I can't imagine living almost a decade and a half wishing I was dead. What a mess.

Sorry to hear. Sending positive thoughts to you and the family

*sigh*

That is really rough man. Luckily both my grandmothers made it through losing their husbands relatively OK, though it took some time and there are definitely still moments when they have a hard time. I can't even imagine. Positive vibes your way.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother Deuce. My mother is in an assisted living and will unfortunately have to make the shift to the Nursing Home section in next year

So apparently a couple young punks got onto our course the other night with a 4 wheeler and did donuts on one of the greens. What is wrong with kids that they think this is an acceptable thing to do. Haven't the parents taught them anything about respecting other people and their property?

It's tough to catch them as the part of the course they did it has access for the 4 wheeler through some woods then back into the development where they most likely live. even if they saw them at the time our marshals wouldn't be able to follow them through the woods on a regular golf cart.

I really get aggravated by when people don't respect others people's property or belongings.

So apparently a couple young punks got onto our course the other night with a 4 wheeler and did donuts on one of the greens. What is wrong with kids that they think this is an acceptable thing to do. Haven't the parents taught them anything about respecting other people and their property?

It's tough to catch them as the part of the course they did it has access for the 4 wheeler through some woods then back into the development where they most likely live. even if they saw them at the time our marshals wouldn't be able to follow them through the woods on a regular golf cart.

I really get aggravated by when people don't respect others people's property or belongings.

Every season it looks like this happens once or twice

Time for some barbed wire fencing?

*sigh*

So sorry to hear that deuce, keeping your grandmother in my thoughts.

cb83bdc462ca8cc304e08d95ea348856.jpg

I love the hardwood floors in the new house, but goodness... area rugs are EXPENSIVE!

Can not believe my reminder didn't go off at work today and I missed the cups sign up. My heart dropped when I got home and saw that I had missed it. Can't believe it

Ah yes, my wife must own part of Nourison

I am not sure if you should gain or lose internet points for knowing Nourison.

I am pretty sure I lose points for immediately getting your joke. Dangit...

I am not sure if you should gain or lose internet points for knowing Nourison.

I am pretty sure I lose points for immediately getting your joke. Dangit...

I know more than I should or more than I should "care to"

Im exhausted and gutted.

How do sellers not know that a golf hat should be shipped in a box, not an envelope?! Second time I've bought a hat packaged wrong, arrived all smushed and out of shape.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Im exhausted and gutted.

Whoa. Sorry to hear that. Hope whatever it is works out and goes better for you

Gutted isn't a good word. Hope things turn around quickly.

It happens gents. The good thing is when it happens, good people discuss. And that is what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back