Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody got one? Wal-Mart has a killer deal on a 55 inch right now but know nothing about them

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I wouldn't trust them. I don't have the info available anymore but I researched them a while back and decided to avoid. Reliability, customer satisfaction, quality materials were all lacking.

Whereas Best Buy's Insignia brand is generally very good as per my research back then. I'd also owned a few, outfitted my previously owned condo in Myrtle Beach with them and they were always reliable.

Even their discontinued Dynex brand was just fine. Lesser quality but very good reliability. I've had two of those for years, one is now my daughter's TV, the other is my son's dorm TV. They use the heck out of them. He needs to do more studying instead, dammit.

Spectre? Or sceptre?
If sceptre, theres nothing wrong with them, we got a 60" two years ago for a living room and it works great we use it all the time.

I have a 48" 4K in my den and it works awesome for the price.

Make sure to do your research. Off brands can be good like Visio, Dynex, etc. but make sure you read cnet.com and customer reviews.

it all depends on who makes the panel

i "experimented" with those cheap off-brand TVs, the experience was lacking (forced color modes, etc)

Back