UST Mamiya Recoil SmacWrap Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We have a great review thread on them on the forum, where we sent a number of THPers full sets of iron shafts to test out.

New Recoil shafts coming out from UST Mamiya called SmacWrap and they feature a unique new material. Where did the name SmacWrap come from? What does this shaft do that Recoil didn't? THP went right to the source at UST Mamiya HQ and spoke with Danny Le to get all of the details.

Always get great info from Danny! Nice job!

Very interesting.. Not sure if they would be right for my game but the technology makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Definitely intrigued by the SmacWrap technology. As a Recoil shaft fan and two year user, I would like to give these a whirl in the near future.

Best opening to a tech breakdown video ever! That's Danny though...

Really impressive breakthrough with the vibration dampening in these and really interesting where it came from. Do they have plans to incorporate this into their other lines in the future?

Love the video! A few points...
1. Very cool jacket! I want.
2. 60% over the previous generation Recoil and 190% dampening 9ver standard steel is insane! That's huge!
3. I can't wait to get my hands on these.
4. Danny was still trying not laugh after that awesome outtake. Classic Danny!

Love quick hit videos with tons of info. Interesting about even more vibration dampening than original recoils, but 60% is a lot. Do you even feel anything when hitting the ball?

Crazy how advanced shafts are getting with these new materials. Love it.

• Admin
Love quick hit videos with tons of info. Interesting about even more vibration dampening than original recoils, but 60% is a lot. Do you even feel anything when hitting the ball?

Its interesting because I dont think it impacts that type of feel honestly. Where it helps me personally is the ground, sand, etc. No more wrist pain.

I'm going to have to check this out, as I've always gravitated to shafts that ease the pain in my left wrist...

It's amazing the jump I got from sensicores to recoils... can't wait to see what smacwrap can do!

Since I have been playing so much this past year i have had some wrist issues to go along with it. Really interested in adding this technology in my new set of irons

As one who has had multiple wrist injuries, these would be fantastic.

Its interesting because I dont think it impacts that type of feel honestly. Where it helps me personally is the ground, sand, etc. No more wrist pain.

This makes sense. Danny also mentioned improved feel on miss-hits. I'm the right tester to find out lol.

A lot of effects and detail JB. The airplane vibrating and the shutter effect stood out. Great production value!

Back