Reshafting Callaway 4 Hybrid XR OS with Recoil 460 F3 Shaft

kuyaariel

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Good after. Got a quick question. I have a new Recoil 460 F3 shaft that I'd like to insert in my Callaway XR OS 4 hybrid. I'd like some advice on how much to tip trim it. I know the website says to trim 4 irons and hybrids 1"

http://www.ustmamiya.com/golf-shafts/brands/recoil/recoil-460-iron/

But... Stock playing length for this hybrid is 39.75", whereas the stock length for a 4 iron is 38.5". That's a 1.25" difference. Not sure if that plays a factor.

Thanks!

I'd call Callaway CS and ask them if they could forward you to their Tour Repair Dept in Carlsbad to ask that question.

Tip 3/4" then butt cut to desired playing length

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa. How did you get that answer? Thanks!

What should I do with a XR OS 5 hybrid, stock length of 39”?

Tip 3/4" then butt cut to desired playing length

Tip 1.5" and butt cut to length

Good after. Got a quick question. I have a new Recoil 460 F3 shaft that I'd like to insert in my Callaway XR OS 4 hybrid. I'd like some advice on how much to tip trim it. I know the website says to trim 4 irons and hybrids 1"

https://www.ustmamiya.com/golf-shafts/brands/recoil/recoil-460-iron/

But... Stock playing length for this hybrid is 39.75", whereas the stock length for a 4 iron is 38.5". That's a 1.25" difference. Not sure if that plays a factor.

Thanks!

I've got the BB OS Hybrids and they have similar specs - just can't to 39.75 in a 4 Hy - mine is at 39; the 5HY will be 38.5. But it's whatever you find comfortable and consistent. I don't want a large gap between irons and hybrids. What plays a factor in length is balance/swingweight if using a similar shaft weight. Sometimes, I wrap lead tape just above the hosel to bring some balance towards the head.

Back