Is a Hotdog a Sandwich?

Something included in the not yet named group including the hot dog, lobster roll and taco
Agreed, never thought of either as a sandwich.

Not even sure how Lobster roll and Taco are in the discussion. A taco is simply a taco. Anything you put in it and it's still named a taco unlike a hotdogs or hamburger. Same with the "roll", egg, lobster, etc...still a _-roll.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Hard to argue against the quote below......great thread btw

The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council (NHDSC) hoped to silence the debate once and for all by issuing a statement that declared the hot dog is not a sandwich but in a league all its own.

"A hot dog is an exclamation of joy, a food, a verb describing one ‘showing off’ and even an emoji," the NHDSC said in the press release. "It is truly a category unto its own."

No
I call a sandwich anything between 2 pieces of bread, sliced from a loaf. Not buns!

Hamburger not a sandwich.
Hot dog not sandwich.
Subway is a subway.

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Ham and cheese sandwich.
Turkey sandwich.
Agree with all except "subway"(?). A sub is short for "submarine sandwich".

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Isn’t a sandwich defined by two separate pieces of bread? A hot dog is on a bun so it’s not a sandwich

Not if it is an open face sandwich.

So take a Chicago Beef sandwich. Its what it is called. What would you call that?

Sub, its named wrong.
Chicago beef sub!

Gyro, pita bread/flat bread not a sandwich.

Can we all agree that soup is a meal??

hell no soup is not a meal. chili barely qualifies as a meal, and i guess pho would be a meal. but i’m not a big soup person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe this picture will help. Hot dog is not listed under sandwiches and neither is a gyro. Each is in its own category

89320d071450cdb99ee365fa087fa2be.jpg

But that is in Michigan : )

hell no soup is not a meal. chili barely qualifies as a meal, and i guess pho would be a meal. but i’m not a big soup person.

I had chili 2 times this week and both times it was my meal for supper. Vegetable beef soup tonight I'm guessing.

But that is in Michigan : )

and by the menu’s logic, the only thing that keeps a gyro from being a sandwich is the tzaziki sauce. so if you ask them to leave the tzaziki sauce that magically converts it into a sandwich.

and by the menu’s logic, the only thing that keeps a gyro from being a sandwich is the tzaziki sauce. so if you ask them to leave the tzaziki sauce that magically converts it into a sandwich.

Maybe we should consult TOGO's sandwiches in CA just to check

Hot Dogs, hamburgers, sandwiches are like golf clubs. Each with its own category.
• Driver
• Woods
• Hybrids
• Irons
• Wedges
• Putter

"Hot Dog” I think I figured it out or should I say “Sand Wich” I figured it out. This is very confusing :banghead:

I don't think it is, but I can totally see why some might think so.

Maybe we should consult TOGO's sandwiches in CA just to check

just ask me. i have the answer to everything. and my answer is that a hot dog is a sandwich. /thread

just ask me. i have the answer to everything. and my answer is that a hot dog is a sandwich. /thread

Too bad it's the wrong answer, hahaha.

Bread on both sides with meat in the middle, I think there can be no doubt! Yes, it is a sandwich!

Do you believe everything you read on the internet?? Lol
Absolutely not, for instance just today I read that a sub was not a sandwich. I immediately rejected that foolishness.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I had chili 2 times this week and both times it was my meal for supper. Vegetable beef soup tonight I'm guessing.

Is chili even a soup? I've never heard anyone say, "i'll have a bowl of chili soup please". Chicken noodle, vegetable, tomato, etc, etc....all followed by soup. I think chili has it's own special place like the hot dog.

Is chili even a soup? I've never heard anyone say, "i'll have a bowl of chili soup please". Chicken noodle, vegetable, tomato, etc, etc....all followed by soup. I think chili has it's own special place like the hot dog.

Or a chili dog . . .

Is that a soup sandwich? :)

Slice a hot dog in half and put it between two slices of bread, put a slice of cheese on it and cook it in one of those sandwich presses and you'll have a sandwich

Or just make a grilled hot dog and cheese sandwich

DN0wcFMXUAYzwXz.jpg:large

I would say a hotdog is it's own category

I am going with no ... a hot dog is ... well ... a hot dog!

Back