The 2015 Gauntlet w/ Callaway Golf - THP Major Series

The rest of my team is apparently injured. Is Dnevs ok?

It is shut down, but I'm still doing drills that don't bother the wrist. I do take a swing every now and then to see how it's really feeling.

The overall feeling of my wrist is much improved though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in a swing change.

Who am I kidding I just suck at golf .

It is shut down, but I'm still doing drills that don't bother the wrist. I do take a swing every now and then to see how it's really feeling.

If we're paired up for a two person best ball, we get to play up a tee or two due to pain right?

Man this will be here soon. can't wait to follow along with it. Was so much fun last year. I'm sure it will be even better this year.

This should be one hell of a competition, going to be tough to pick which crippled team will come out ahead. At least if everyone is injured nobody can beg for more strokes, right?

Pretty sure my team is healthy! :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This should be one hell of a competition, going to be tough to pick which crippled team will come out ahead. At least if everyone is injured nobody can beg for more strokes, right?

The injuries are crippling enough

Don't let this guy fool you. #sandbagger

Focusing on everything. Been tweaking my swing with the help of Mr Kong and hitting the range hard. Short game work has been more around the house, but still getting it in.

Prep has been good. I'm 2-0 in match play prep rounds, and I think my slight swing adjustments have come quickly.

I want that #MVP, effing bad, but I'm not putting pressure on myself. My main goal is to just go out and have a hell of a fun time, which should be no problem.

Working on this part in addition to a little short game practice and getting myself off the tee better than I did on Sunday.

Getting off the tee has become a real problem for me which is something I'm not used to as generally it's the only thing I can count on .

So driving and putting for me.

Oh and a few Hail Marys .

JRod does Hail Marys; #TeamRhi does bloody Marys!

And everybody needs to get healthy for next week!!

Bloody Marys ftw!

Only about a week and a half left to prepare!

What is everyone's focus on if you're working on your game?
How has the prep gone during the lead up since being picked?
Anything specific been on your mind about the event, especially now that it's getting close?

Focus: For me I have been trying to concentrate and visualize my shots more on the course. Of course working on my short game as well but mainly concentration.

Prep: The prep has been good. A couple of team match play matches over the last couple of weekends. Not a good record but good come backs to take the matches to 18.

What's on my mind: I think meeting my team and getting to know everyone is what I am looking forward to the most. Well and meeting Rodger Freakin' Cleveland! Team matches and competitive golf is always a good time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok fellas, last revisions before #TheGauntlet next week.

Are you where you want to be?
Do you think your handicap travels well?
Are you working with a new club or bag setup heading into next weekend?

I'll go first. I think I'm right where I need to be. The game has been solid lately, but a few hiccups have been frustrating. I think my handicap travels pretty well since I play a lot of different courses. Hopefully it travels well into the midwest, a first for me. I've thrown my 56* back in the bag lately to prepare for the MD3 we'll be getting and I'm very particular about my wedges, so I'm hoping to get to spend a little time on the range with it before we tee off.

Haha nope and nope.

I'm hoping being in a competitive atmosphere will raise my game like t usually does (LOL Ohio) but I'd be a liar if I said I had some great expectations.

Everything in the bag is the same it's been for two years minus the new fancy wedge I will be using to hopefully save my arse. I have no doubt it will get plenty of work.

Not one bit satisfied, but I can work with the hand dealt. Starting to hurt a little less each day, so I'll ruin that and go work on my short game before the trip just to get some touch and feel back.

At 8, I know that will travel well. No real tweaks to the bag, just looking forward to seeing some awesome people and on some great golf courses.

Handicap wise, I would say that I am where I want to be. Getting to single digits was a goal of mine, and I've stayed there since I got down that low. It certainly isn't where I ultimately want to end up, but that will be something to work on more.

I think my handicap does travel pretty well. The 10 rounds that count for my handicap come from 8 different golf courses, with 4 scores differentials below my actual index, and the highest of the 10 less than 3 strokes above. I obviously can't always shoot to my handicap, but I feel I have a pretty good chance to do so wherever I play.

I was thinking about tinkering with driver, going back to the OG big bertha, as I've been having a hard time lately with the G30 LS, but I know that has been a function of my swing, not the club. Instead, I'm going to be working a bit more than I hoped on my driver swing. I'll was hitting bombs exactly where I wanted to earlier in the summer. Just have to get out of my own way and let it happen. Everything else in my bag is staying as is.

Am I where I want to be? - yes. I have improved my game a lot in the past couple of months and I'm more confident than ever in my game currently.

Do I think my handicap travels? - no idea. I've dropped it over 2 strokes in the past two months from a 12.8 to a 10.4. A 12.8 for me definitely travels, so it will be interesting to see if my current game can travel a 10.4. But, I have also been playing a decent amount of new courses and setting some personal bests, so maybe.

No new clubs or set up for me, other than going to be going with midsized grips. I've noticed I've started to hook and pull shots a lot more recently, and my grips are small for my hands by the book, so hoping that helps me set things without thinking about it as much. I've tried some clubs with midsized every time I go into the store recently, and although they feel decently bigger, they feel good.

My swing is feeling good. My short game is doing well. From a mechanics standpoint, I think I'm in good shape. No, my swing doesn't look Rory and I'm not going to go out there and fire a 79. But for someone of my handicap, any expectation on myself that I was going to be a totally different golfer (in a good way) would be asinine and setting myself up for disappointment.

Mentally, I think I'm ready. I've been playing a lot of match play with friends and making sure I keep an even keel. My only concern has been my struggles scoring. However, I've been doing better at fixing the dumb mistakes causing the big numbers, so hopefully I'm at least partway over the hump there.

I'm going to go out there, hit the best shots I can and have fun. It's all I can do.

It's the highest it has been for years, so yes. :)

Nope.

I'll go first. I think I'm right where I need to be. The game has been solid lately, but a few hiccups have been frustrating. I think my handicap travels pretty well since I play a lot of different courses. Hopefully it travels well into the midwest, a first for me. I've thrown my 56* back in the bag lately to prepare for the MD3 we'll be getting and I'm very particular about my wedges, so I'm hoping to get to spend a little time on the range with it before we tee off.
No. A little searching on the tee box over the weekend has me worried a bit.
I really hope a game somewhat close to my handicap travels to these courses. Not playing the course before the event is something i wish wasnt the case.
New putter and bouncing between drivers at the moment

work on your short game, getting up & down for halves & maybe some wins will frustrate an opponent

From here on out boys, you need to work on doing one or two little things about pace of play. We are working with the same rules we did previously. If you are behind, you will get a warning. If we have to do so again, you will be asked to pick up your ball and move to the appropriate hole to catch up.

We are saying this now to make sure everybody knows going in. Be prepared to play when its your shot. Move a bit on the greens and we will have no issues. We do not want to hear after the fact that it was unfair, so we are bringing it up once again. We know some in here have voiced that they play at a slower pace and hopefully these months of buildup have allowed you to work on that.

easiest way to play faster is on the green. practice getting a quick routine on your putts and reading them while others are reading theirs and you'll shave most of the time you need right there.

Wait no PGA style warnings???

Do any of these greens not have multiple tiers? ugh. Kinda takes out aiming for the center of the green.

Back