Titleist Thursday Fitting 818 Hybrid question.

crazygolfnut

Let's have fun out there!
Reaction score
Handicap
I went to a Titleist Thursday club fitting and purchased a set of Titleist 718 AP1's, 6 through wedge. At this point I have not purchased any hybrids due to the cost. The fitter sent me an email that suggested the next club (a hybrid) should be a 25 degree with a ½ inch longer than standard shaft. That would be a special order.

Why not get a 23 degree off the shelf hybrid, that is ½ inch longer than the 25, and then adjust the head to 25?

4 day late reply but my guess is the fitter will make more money on your special order than he will by pulling a 23* off the shelf, removing the grip and installing a 1/2" extender in the shaft. (Unless a 23* is already a 1/2" longer than a 25*)

I went to a Titleist Thursday club fitting and purchased a set of Titleist 718 AP1's, 6 through wedge. At this point I have not purchased any hybrids due to the cost. The fitter sent me an email that suggested the next club (a hybrid) should be a 25 degree with a ½ inch longer than standard shaft. That would be a special order.

Why not get a 23 degree off the shelf hybrid, that is ½ inch longer than the 25, and then adjust the head to 25?

Could be the lie angle fits you better on a 25 in neutral setting than a 23* closed 2*.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you hit the hybrids?

4 day late reply but my guess is the fitter will make more money on your special order than he will by pulling a 23* off the shelf, removing the grip and installing a 1/2" extender in the shaft. (Unless a 23* is already a 1/2" longer than a 25*)

if it’s a titleist thursday fitting, i don’t believe the fitter can take an order. the rep sends you the specs, then you seek out a retailer through whom to place the order.

Could be the lie angle fits you better on a 25 in neutral setting than a 23* closed 2*.

their hosel can accommodate loft and lie angle adjustments, but only 1* iirc

if it’s a titleist thursday fitting, i don’t believe the fitter can take an order. the rep sends you the specs, then you seek out a retailer through whom to place the order.

Interesting. Never hear of a "Titleist Thursday" fitting. I thought it was just a regular old Thursday he get fitted. haha

Interesting. Never hear of a "Titleist Thursday" fitting. I thought it was just a regular old Thursday he get fitted. haha

it's actually an awesome initiative they're doing. a fitter sets up shop at a green grass location. i think the fitter is usually a titleist employee not affiliated with the location of the fitting. they set up with a trackman, prov1 and prov1x balls to hit while testing, and several heads and shafts to try from their new lineup. you sign up for a fitting, and you get 30 minutes (i think) for no cost. after the fitting they send your specs to you, and if you like it you go find a retailer to place the order. zero pressure, just getting the clubs into your hands. pretty awesome, and i really enjoyed mine.

were your irons fit to longer than standard? If so, then that makes sense. If not, it could be as others mentioned because of the lie angle on the hybrid as well as the fact that the most you can adjust a hybrid with titlests hosel adaptor is + 1.5*/- 0.75 (so 23 could go to 24.5* or down to 22.25*) so half a degree less than what he felt was ideal.

Also could be that he actually would adjust the head to a different loft (25.75* possibly). Not sure, but the fitters I don't believe make the sale (mine did not) and didn't try to push me on buying, really just helped me find the best fit.

Did you hit the hybrids?

Yes I hit the hybrid. I never asked what shaft he was handing me or what setting until we were done.

This is what we ended up with:

718 AP1 (6 - W48)
Dexterity: RH
Loft: Standard Loft
Lie Angle: Standard Lie
Length: Standard
Shaft (Flex): Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei Pro Red AMC (Regular)
Grip (Size): Golf Pride Decade Multi Compound Red (Standard)

818 H1 (25.0 degree)
Dexterity: RH
SureFit Hosel Setting: D-4
SureFit CG Setting: Neutral
SureFit CG Weight Setting: Use Default
Length: +0.5"
Shaft (Flex): Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei Pro Hyb Blue 70 (Regular)
Grip (Size): Golf Pride Decade Multi Compound Red (Standard

Back