flaMtneer

Reaction score
Handicap
Had a 3 day weekend...Time well wasted??

A little background - our backyard was basically a jungle and with the rain we've had in FL this summer it just got outta hand. There is a big live oak and the combination of shade, leaves, and seed pods pretty much destroyed any grass - the only stuff that grew was the stuff I didn't want. I finally decided I'd had enough and ripped (nearly) everything out and decided to put in a putting green. Here are some pics (hope they attach correctly - haven't tried that before). Still work left to do - have to figure out how to get it rolling a little smoother - I'm learning this as I go, so I was expecting it to take a couple tries to get it right. It's very puttable, just not as smooth as I really want. Didn't expect to get this far this weekend, but my daughter helped and she wasn't going to slow down.

Also put in an area of synthetic grass for her to practice LAX.

Its a bit of a risk to see how it will ultimately turn out / hold up...but at least I won't have to worry about the jungle for a while.

PS: One (of many) lesson's learned - need a place to sit my beer while I'm putting.

Before pic - Should have taken one before we ripped out the jungle.
IMG_0186.jpg

Dug out, leveled and fines down.
IMG_0191.jpg

Success!
IMG_0195.jpg
IMG_0197.jpg

Pretty sweet!

Wow I would say that was a weekend well spent. Looks great. What's the green rolling on the stimp :D

Very nice! I wish something like that was practical up this way.

Awesome job! I'm jealous lol

I say that you did a pretty good job!!

I would love to do this but my four dogs would poop and pee it to death.

Great job you have done.

Wow, that is amazing.

OH wow! Great job.

Nice little project...the rewards are going to be fun! I'm sure you'll practice some chipping too!

Wow that looks great!

Wow that is just awesome! Very envious of that set up. Congrats

Nice work!

Whwre in orlando do you live?

What a great project, it looks fantastic!

That looks great. Well done!

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Pretty awesome I could use something like that!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back